Status: Please be patient with me. I will update when I get time.

Nothing But The Truth

Prologue

“I love you, Scarlett,” my ex-boyfriend, Travis, stated without a moment’s hesitation. The moment was perfect to him, just the right time to state how he felt, especially considering I had just broken up with him. The funny thing was I knew he wasn’t broken over it; he had cheated on me, so he definitely deserved it. He hadn’t cheated once, not twice, but many times. So many times that it made me immune to his charm, didn’t even bother me that I was breaking up with him.

“No you don’t, Travis. You just love lying to me, among every other girl you have ever dated.”

“I can change, baby, please.”

I barked out a laugh, one full of bitter humor. It was as if he played a cruel prank on me that was how I felt at this moment. Completely ridiculous. “Please, Travis, explain to me one thing. If you are so willing to ‘change’ after I found out about your conquests, rather than before, what’s the point? All this tells me is that you’re a liar, deceitful, a cheater and incapable of being in a relationship.” Most women would have taken him back just because of whom he is, but I’m not most women. I, at least, have some ounce of self-respect.

“I made a mistake! Can’t you just forgive that?”

“If I said yes, I would be lying and you know I cannot tell a lie, Travis.” The smile that tilted my lips up made his frown deepen.

“Stop playing your silly little games, Scarlett! You can lie, just as the rest of us can, so tell it and take me back like your heart is telling you to!”

My right eye twitched at his demanding tone. I itched to slap him, but knew that I would regret it in the end. Normally, I’m not a violent person, but things have been changing over the years. “You may think that I can tell a lie, Travis, but you are wrong. I have yet to lie to you in the two years we have been dating, and you know it. Now, you have the right to walk away with dignity or you can stand here, continue making yourself look like a selfish fool, and I can never look at you after this again. Or, you can agree to my terms.”

“What terms?” he ground out between grit teeth.

“You can forget your petty little feelings, because you know that they’re not true, and we can become friends. We’ve come too far to be simple acquaintances. Enemies sound far too monopolizing.”

“Y—you would be willing to be friends, after what I did to you?”

“Oh, but being in a relationship is the correct way to go about this?” At this point, I knew I had him. From that point, we were friends, never to be in a relationship again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if this will get confusing for others so I'll just point it out. The story itself will be in third person, while the memories will be in first person.
Also, please do not be a silent reader. I will love you forever if you comment.


๖ۣۜE๖ۣۜN๖ۣۜJ๖ۣۜO๖ۣۜY