Allergic To Dignity?

Allergic To Dignity?

“Dude, was that a sniffle?” Jared asked, eyes widening just the slightest bit as he looked over at his friend.

“No…of course not.” came the reply, which sounded a bit thick to Jared’s ears.

He smirked and reached over to pat Tony on the back. “It’ll be okay, dude.”

“Shut up. I’m totally not crying. This is a tear-free zone!”

“Right. I didn’t say you were.” Jared said, shrugging innocently.

There came another sniffle and Jared decided to ignore it. That didn’t mean he wouldn’t keep a close eye on his friend’s emotional response to the movie, though. It could come in handy for blackmail material later.

“Is he crying?” Nora asked, raising an eyebrow as she walked through the common room.

“No!” Tony shouted with a huff and turned slightly to his side.

Jared rolled his eyes. God, now he was going to sulk. Great. “No way, he’s just got allergies.”

“I’ve known him for two years and he’s never had allergies before.” Nora’s tone was skeptical.

“It’s possible to develop allergies over time.” Tony pointed out, glaring at the television.

“Yeah, no. You’re just crying.” Nora scoffed with a roll of her eyes.

“This is a really sad part, okay! It’s like Old Yeller! You’re obligated to cry, no matter how manly you are.” Tony defended himself.

Even Jared had to snort at that one, “Dude, it’s Rise of the Guardians!”

“Jack just saved his little sister from dying at the expense of his own life! He DROWNED, Jared!”

“Yeah, but the man in the moon brought him back to life.”

“And he could never interact with his little sister ever again!”

“Come on, man, even Jack isn’t as broken up about this revelation as you are…”

“I can’t believe you two are even having this conversation. I revoke BOTH of your Man Cards.” Nora said, heading out the door.

“Hey! Why mine??” Jared called after her, but she was already gone.