Status: I am not taking this down, but it is hiatus for a short moment.

Caraphernelia

three

Licking your fingers like you're done and,
You've decided there is so much more than me.


I sat cross-legged against the wall in Lucy's room as she and Jeremy talked about their childhood memories. I was typing away on the laptop on my blog. I didn't know why I had a blog. It wasn't like anyone read it, but I had it. It was how I expressed my feelings, my thoughts. Nonetheless, I kept typing mindlessly about my life that I was going to miraculously change because I was Mindy. I laughed to myself. Like that'll ever happen, I reminded myself.

I looked up to the eyes of Jeremy looking into mine. I swallowed hard, staring into his brown orbs as I tried to understand why he was in front of me. His lips turned up into an adorable smirk.

"Hello," he said quietly, still holding the smirk.

"Hi, there." I sighed, and looked down at the screen and tried to gather my thoughts.

"Why are you being so quiet? Thirty minutes ago you were in the kitchen laughing about your school year." Jeremy moved to sit next to me. I caught him try to read what was already typed and I closed the lid and set the laptop on the chair next to me. Jeremy frowned but then smiled. "I understand. You're private thoughts are private until they're edited and completed and posted. I dig," he said with the most amazing laugh I had ever heard.

"Yeah, but it's cool. Um, I'm just, ya know, being antisocial Mindy right now for a few."

Jeremy nodded, and then stood up. He held his hand out to me as a gesture to help me up. I took it, but as soon as I did, I regretted it. He lifted me effortlessly over his shoulder and motioned for Lucy to follow. I heard her laugh as we were taken outside to the pool.

"No! No, no, no! Put me down!" I punched Jeremy's shoulder blades as he acted like he was going to drop me in the pool. My yelp was silenced when he gently set me down on the patio.

"I'm not a dick, Mindy. I have manners." Jeremy smiled and pushed Lucy in the pool behind us, making me laugh. I stood up and ran into Jeremy in an effort to push him after the laughing Lucy. He was a lot stronger than I expected him to be, but to humor me, he stumbled into the pool laughing. He motioned for me to jump in. I shook my head.

"No, I'm not going in." I smiled, trying to refuse him, but I couldn't. I ran to the diving board and stepped on. I slowly walked to the end of the board and looked down. I looked up at Lucy.

"You can do it. Leave all your problems behind and dive forward." It was the same thing she told me when I needed a stress relief. Jeremy sat back and watched the entire scene.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and starting to raise my hands above my head. I started to count to three. One...two...three. I jumped off the end of the board and dived into the water. I stayed under water for a moment before trying to swim back to the surface. I couldn't, though. Something was pulling me into the water. I opened my eyes and saw the blackness. I looked above me and tried to fight. The harder I tried, the further the surface was.

Have you ever had a dream where you couldn't wake up from it? Thar was my death, that was my time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a plan! No panicking!!!