Status: I am not taking this down, but it is hiatus for a short moment.

Caraphernelia

four

And baby, honestly it's harder breathing next to you, I shake.


I woke up to the light of the sun shining through the window. I opened my eyes to see Lucy sitting on the computer chair across from the bed. Jeremy was mindlessly flipping through a People magazine as he stared at the cat on the green carpet in the middle of the room. I slowly sat up, stretching my arms. I felt the eyes of Lucy and Jeremy on me. I looked at them.

"What?"

"You're awake," Lucy breathed a sigh of relief. My eyebrow furrowed.

"Yeah, that usually happens in the morning."

"You slept for two days, Mindy." Jeremy butted into the conversation matter-of-factly. I hadn't realized I had been sleeping, really.

"What do you mean two days?"

"You don't remember?" Lucy looked at me with a worried expression now.

"Remember what?"

Lucy and Jeremy shared a look before looking at me. "You got knocked out by a Frisbee the other night when we went swimming. The guy who threw it keeps coming up here to check up on you." I noticed a hint of jealousy in Jeremy's voice. Then, it came running to me. I remembered diving off the diving board and not being able to get back up to the surface. Maybe that was a dream I had while I was passed out.

"Oh," I said softly as I shifted my legs to dangle off the side of the bed. I noticed I was in a baggy t-shirt that didn't belong to me. I was also wearing a pair of pants that were baggy and not mine.

"Sorry, I wanted you to be comfortable." Jeremy blushed as he put the magazine down and looked to Lucy. They had a staring contest before laughing it off because she blinked first.

"It's okay." I like the feel of your clothes.

Lucy looked to me and smiled. It wasn't her normal smile; it was her mischievous smile that meant she knew something I didn't. She also knew that I would try to get it out of her before the day was over, if the day wasn't over.

"We'll let you get dressed," Lucy said before pushing Jeremy out of her bedroom and closing the door behind her. I looked for anything that resembled something I would wear. I didn't find anything until I found a folded shirt at the foot of the bed. There was a pair of my shorts beneath shirt. I unfolded the new shirt. I looked at it once and realized who Jeremy was and his band was A Day to Remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this bad and that it's a filler.