Status: I am not taking this down, but it is hiatus for a short moment.

Caraphernelia

five

I brought a gun and as the preacher tried to stop me.

I didn't what to think. I didn't know how to feel. It's not everyday that Jeremy McKinnon turns out to be your best friend's cousin. It also wasn't every day that he showed signs of liking you. I felt like this was a joke, but it couldn't be. It all made sense now: the familiar features in his face, the smile. It was all there. I just hadn't caught onto the fact, the reality.

I looked up from the laptop to Lucy trying on a pink dress. Clothes were strewn across her bed as she frowned at her reflection. Unless she had a date a didn't know about yet, this was abnormal for her to just keep trying on fancy dresses and vetoing all of them. She turned to me, frowning.

"Mindy, I don't know what to wear tonight."

I looked at her, raising my eyebrows. "Well, I like the pink one."

"Mindy! Did you not hear me say that one makes me look a fucking pink dinosaur impregnated by her fucking elephant best friend!"

"I'm sorry," I said as I stood up, placing the laptop on the desk. She frowned as I walked past her to her closet. I found the garment almost immediately, knowing she skipped it on purpose. I walked out with it in my hand and handed her it to her. "You love this one. It's perfect for a date and a cocktail with whomever is taking you out. It's sparkly, blue, and white. It's the date night dress. And it compliments your figure. Put the dress on, wear the blue high heels you can't take your eyes off of and enjoy your night out."

Lucy took the dress from me, smiling and slipping it on. I zipped the back of the dress. She frowned at my cut-off shorts and baggy tank top. "Is that what you're wearing tonight?"

My eyebrows furrowed. "Where am I going?"

Lucy sighed. "You weren't listening were you? I'm glad you already got your shower and fixed your hair. But, Mindy come on. The people on the internet can wait for your blog. Jeremy, however, cannot wait for you. So let's go get you dressed."

"Why can't I wear this?"

"Because I don't think the first date is an appropriate date to wear a shirt wear he can see your camouflage push-up bra, dumb ass."

I frowned. "I'm not a dumb ass!"

"Shut up, okay? Just let me get you ready and then you can talk."

Image


I woke up to the sound of Lucy laughing at something on the television. I sat up, groaning at the pain in the back of my neck. I looked down, rubbing my eyes. I had a killer headache and no recollection of the night before.

"Oh, hey," Lucy said as she looked behind her. She was wearing a baggy t-shirt and her curls were up in a bun. She smiled at me. "You look like you had a killer night last night."

"What happened?" I rubbed my temples softly, and looked down at the over-sized shirt around me. I pulled it up to reveal my own pair of pajama shorts.

"Oh, you got hit in the head by a baseball on the way home from dinner with Jeremy and Neil so we took to Neil's place. Jeremy and Neal are out to get some medicine and coffee for us."
That explained the mind-splitting headache. I laid back down on the couch and watched the Rugrats.

"Hey, we're home!" I heard Jeremy say from the kitchen. I felt something vibrate from under my body. I pulled out a phone that wasn't mine. Neal walked in with a phone in his hand, so I peaked at the message.

"Hey, J. I love you! See you tonight! Love, Natalie."

I didn't know that I liked Jeremy until I felt awkward about being here with him. I guess I was stuck with him because he was standing in front of me with a pill and bottle of water. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. Sorry, this gets more interesting.