Status: [copy and paste link to watch movie trailer of "Hopeless For You"]: http://youtu.be/WW38ipqMuSw

Hopeless for You

So Hold On Tight And Don't Look Back

"Where is Mortician? She's still out there!" I shouted, trying to shove passed Poison and Kobra.

"We're not leaving her out there. Fun Ghoul's still out there too. Show Pony and Jet are searching for them. They couldn't be far." Party Poison explained.

Suddenly, the bunker door opened and shut and down the stairs came Fun Ghoul, Marvelous Mortician, Jet Star, and Show Pony. Grace ran to Mortician, sobbing hysterically. She hugged her back, lifting her off her feet and shushing her.

"I'm here, Gracie. It's just a storm." Mortician whispered to the child.

Everyone settled into chairs and bean bags, and some just sat on the floor.

"I thought dust storms didn't happen by the coast." Lucky spoke up.

"No more city. No more life. Nothing around anymore to keep it away." Dr. Death said wisely. "I'm off to do my weather forecast now for everyone else out there. Y'all stay put."

As he exited, everyone remained quiet. I looked around at the boys, their faces dirty and masked with their sorrow. Then, I looked at the girls, the light in their eyes dead and gone. Everyone seemed so lifeless.

The storm raged on all night, throwing leftover debris here and there and burying it. Everyone took turns showering, making their own dinner, and then going to bed. I showered, skipped dinner, and wandered around the bunker, finding my way around.

"Hey," Kobra turned the corner ahead of me and saw me.

"Hey yourself," I replied with bland excitement.

"You snoopin' around?" he asked. I shook my head. "I appreciate your gang joining us. And I think it's very heroic that you guys took in that little girl."

"Wasn't the whole gang's idea. That was all Mortician. Honestly, I think she only rescued Grace because she reminded her of her own daughter." I explained.

"She had a daughter?"

"Mortician and I are childhood friends; I know everything she won't tell you. She had her daughter when she was 15, dropped out of high school a year later, and picked up the family business to take care of Blair."

"Blair was her daughter?" Kobra asked, leaning against the wall.

"Yes, sir. Anyway, I think the kid's an obstacle. Mortician's become too attached to Grace and it pisses me off."

"So, you would've left her out there, scared, hungry, and alone?"

Okay, I saw his point. Truthfully, I wouldn't have left Grace out here in the desert. But she was 6 years old, a liability. She caused too much of a distraction to us as we are required to take care of her now.

"What's your story?" Kobra changed the subject. "Where were you during the bombing?"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's uber short, y'all.
just a bit of a filler.
thank you for reading, babes.
XO