Don't Turn Around

Chapter 7

Jack's POV

"Owned!" I yelled at Rian, I had just beat him in a round of COD, we had all ended up at Alex's place to play some video games and waste the afternoon.

"Best two out of three!" he challenged.

"You like losing don't you?" I replied, starting a new game.

Rian and I battled it out while Alex and Zack were talking about girls and trying to figure out what we were doing tonight. I was already up on Rian but when my phone buzzed in my lap I looked down to see the name 'Button' name pop up on my screen. My phone always auttocorrected Sutton's name to 'Button' and I guess I'd forgotten to correct the mistake.

"Gotcha!" Rian cheered, and I looked back up at the TV screen to see that I'd been killed.

"Fuck you man!" I said tossing the remote aside and checking to see what Sutton had messaged me.

Hey Jack, thanks again for looking out for me last night while I was blackout! Haha sorry again if I was a bother, I hope I didn't make myself look like too much of an idiot :P

I laughed to myself, suprisingly I was really glad she'd decided to text me. I quickly typed my response while Zack took my place in battling Rian in another game.

Don't worry Button you couldn't look like an idiot if you tried! You should hang again tonight :)

I quickly hit the send button and then realized my spelling mistake, shit. In that moment Alex came over and jumped into my lap, suprising me.

"Mike is having a house party tonight, its going to be massive, we should go for sure" he said, flopping down on the couch so he looked like a crazy sloth just lying on top of me. I laughed and shoved him to the floor,

"I'm in!"

"Good!" he called from the floor, "Let's invite Sutton and ask her to bring some hot friends."

"I could go for a hot friend" Zack winked, looking away momentarily from the game he was still playing with Rian.

Hopefully they didn't try and bang all of her friends, I mean that could end up making it weird between us and her. I think the guys really liked her too and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship with her for some one night stands. Just then my phone buzzed with 'Button's' response.

Button? Haha I like it. What are you guys doing tonight?

I responded,

Huge house party, you should bring all of your friends! I'll text you the details later.

A surge of excitement rushed through me, I had a good feeling about tonight.

Sutton's POV

I was sitting at my desk reading through one of my textbook's when I got Jack's message about a house party tonight. Man I was really taking up drinking as a second hobby wasn't I? Part of me really wanted to go but I had so much homework that I was neglecting. I put my head down on my desk and shut my eyes tight, what should I do?

Leah would probably kill me if she knew we had an invite like this and I turned it down. To be honest who knew how long this new set of friends would last? I mean they were in a pretty popular band and they'd probably be on tour again soon.

I decided to pick up the phone and call Leah, after one ring she answered,

"Sutton! Girl what's up?"

"Hey, we have an offer for a huge house party tonight? Would you want to come with me?"

All I heard on the other end was a squeal.

"Uhm yeah!" she finally replied.

"I think they want us to bring a few more girls so you could invite your housemates too if you want."

"Oh my god Sutton, my best friend is the coolest person in the world! Come over and get ready here, if my sister comes she'll let us borrow her clothes!"

"Yeah make sure Kimmy comes!" I exclaimed, suddenly getting more excited.

Leah's sister was a model and her wardrobe was stunning, but I really like her as a person too. She was softspoken and really sweet. Her and Leah lived together with a few other girls, who were actually all super pretty and nice. I liked everyone there, except for the little vendetta Rachel had against me. We'd always gotten along before though so I'm sure we'd be able to forget about it and have a great night anyway.

"Sutton!" Leah said, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Oh sorry!"

"Come over at like 6:30 and we'll start getting ready!"

"Got it, I'll text you!" I replied.

"Bye, love!"

I looked at the time and realized that it was 5:30, shit! I decided to jump in the shower real quick so I'd have time to dry my hair. Before hopping in, I stopped to look at myself in the mirror. I frowned at the girl looking back at me, I was so plain, there was nothing beautiful about me. I was about to go to a crazy fun party with a house full of bombshells. They were all so beautiful and I was just me; average old brown haired, nothing special me.

I tried to shake the feeling and got into the hot shower, taking an extra long time to wash my hair. I decided to go for my special strawberry shampoo and conditioner that made my hair smell super good, maybe that would make me feel better.

By the time I got out and dried my hair and threw on some sweats, packed a bag of some of my makeup, jeans and a few possible tops it was 6:30 and I drove over to Leah's.

"Hey baby!" she squealed, pulling me into a hug when she answered the door.

I could hear the music pumping when I got to the house so I knew the girls must have been trying to pump themselves up. I followed Leah into the kitchen where the rest of the girls were and they greeted me with excited smiles.

"Sutton! What on earth are we supposed to wear to this party?" Kimmy asked me, walking over and giving me a one armed hug.

"I don't know actually." I said, suddenly nervous about the whole thing.

"Should we dress up or play it casual do you think?" one of the girls named Amber asked.

"Maybe I should call them?" I replied, taking out my phone and pulling up Jack's number.

I pressed the call button and lifted the phone to my ear and all of the girls went silent.

It rang twice and then Jack picked it up, "Hey Button! What's up? You're on speaker by the way"

I laughed at his silly nickname, but also wondered why no one had ever thought of it before.

"Not much, hey what do you think we should wear to this party?"

I recognized Alex's voice cut in "Oh my god you should totally wear that one dress with those shoes!"

I laughed again, "No really guys, is it like fancier? Like skirts and dresses or a jeans and tee shirt kind of thing?"

"Come naked!" I heard Zack call out, "And bring your hot friends!"

"Jack and Rian you better give me a real answer" I said.

I looked around the room and all of the girls had wide eyes, I guess they were surprised I was actually friends with All Time Low.

"His place is pretty huge and fancy" Rian threw in,

"Yeah you could probably get away with something you would wear out to a bar" Jack finished.

"Thanks boys! Do you want us to meet you there?"

"Yeah I'll text you the address right now" Jack responded.

"What time should we come?"

"Ten-thirty!"

"See you soon!" I responded and then hung up the phone.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Alexis called out.

Rachel walked over to the sound system and cranked the volume and the happy music filled the house. I followed the girls into the living room where there was nail polish, beauty products and heat tools everywhere.

We took our time getting ready, all of us painting our fingers and toes first, and then doing eachother's hair. Leah chose to give me loose girls so I had a beachy hairstyle and it looked really good. All in all there were 6 of us, and when we were finished getting ready at about 9:45 everyone looked beautiful. Kimmy pulled me into her room and picked out an outfit for me from her closet.

I was wearing a pair of tight black leather pants and a cropped, baby blue coloured loose fitting tank top. You could kind of see my bra underneath so Kimmy put me in a black lacy bando. The colour of the shirt made my eyes look shockingly bright. I gave myself a once over in the mirror,

"Are you sure I can pull off a crop top?" I asked wearily.

"Are you kidding me Sutton you look amazing!" she replied smacking my ass and handing me a mixed drink.

I let out a small scream in response to her slap and took a sip of the vodka-lemonade concoction she handed me.

"Your butt looks incredible in those pants. You should keep them, they make mine look flatter than it already is." she said, taking a sip of her drink.

Kimmy was looking model gorgeous obviously. She had on grey skinnies and a black corset looking top and some cool jewelery.

"Thanks for lending me this stuff, you're sure I look alright?" I asked, turning to look hesitantly in the mirror again.

"Sutton are you crazy? No girl that looks like you should be self conscious. I may be a model but I have no curves and girl your ass is to die for!"

I followed her back out into the living room and Leah ran up to check out my outfit.

"Sutton you look amazing!" she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the living room where a fun girly song was blasting from the speakers.

Everyone was pretty much ready and looking nice. It was ten now and we were getting tipsy and dancing around the living room. Jack had texted me the address, and when I Googled it it was only about a 10 minute drive. Amber's boyfriend said that he would drive us there so we wouldn't have to take a cab.

Just before he showed up I saw my phone was ringing, it was 'Alexander the Great'. I laughed again at the contact name and answered the phone.

"Hey!"

"Sutton!" he yelled into the phone, I could hear loud music and voices in the background, "Where you at homegirl?"

"Just about to leave!"

"You better bring me your cutest friends" he joked, slurring his words a little.

"Hey I thought I was your cutest friend!" I joked right back.

Jack's voice came on the phone at that moment, "Yeah so get your cute butt over here!"

"Yeah yeah I'll see you guys soon!"

We all had another drink and then Amber's boyfriend showed up. Everyone was having a great time, but it was strange, Rachel hadn't said a word to me. I brushed it off though, and we all ran out to the car to head to the party. There weren't enough seats in his car, so 4 girls squished in the back and I volunteered as tribute to sit on top of everyone while Amber rode in the front.

We finally arrived at the party, the house that it was at was huge and the music was practically shaking the street. The girls followed me up the walkway, and I decided just to open the door and walk in, there's no way anyone would hear us knocking. Zack was the first one to notice me, he spotted me from across the room. He jogged over to the door and tackled me in a bear hug, I could smell the beer off of him.

"Suttonnnnn!" he said, then looking up to notice I had a crew of 5 more girls behind me.

"Hey Zack, these are my friends" I motioned towards them, "This is Leah and her sister Kimmy, Rachel, Amber and Alexis" I said, and he shook each one of their hands.

"Hi I'm Zack" he said with an adorable smile and all of the girls practically swooned right there, I laughed to myself.

"Hey Mike!" Zack called, "Come here!"

A cute guy with nice hair walked to the front of the house with a drunk smile plastered on his face.

"This is my friend Sutton, she brought some friends with her" Zack told him.

"Hey guys! So glad you came! There's jello shots and lemon drops in the kitchen, help yourself to anything you need and I'm sure I'll be around here somewhere if you need a hand with something." he smiled at all of us.

Zack motioned for us to come and and we all slipped off our shoes and followed him into the kitchen where the place was packed with people. Jack and Alex were standing in the kitchen and their faces lit up when they saw me. They were so adorable.

"Hey!" I called out as they made their way toward me and the girls.

"Button!" Jack practically crushed my ribs when he picked me up in a crazy hug. I let out a scream, feeling unstable with my feet off the ground.

He set me down and I was engulfed in a hug from behind from none other than 'Alexander the Great'.

"Guys are you going to let me introduce you to my friends?" I asked, laughing.

Alex released me and finally I could breath again.

"This is my friend Leah, her sister Kimmy, Alexis, Rachel and Amber" I said, motioning to each one of them and Jack and Alex shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you guys" Jack slurred, but none the less giving them a sweet grin.

"Shots for everyone!" Alex exclaimed, handing out a round of lemon drop to all of us.

"To new friends!" Alex cheered, and we all did the shots, scrunching up our faces afterward at the sour alcohol taste.

"Nice job" Alex whispered to me elbowing me in the side, making reference to the crowd of beautiful girls I managed to rile together.

"Thank me later" I joked back, shooting him a smile.

A few more shots and I sure was feeling the alcohol. Everyone had dispersed and were off mingling with strangers which I was glad about. They were all pretty social so I didn't have to worry about trying to make sure they were having fun.

I went off to track down Cassadee and Rian to say hi but had no luck. I looked through the crowds of people but I couldn't find them. I made a loop through the house and after getting my ass smacked by a few random guys I found myself back in the kitchen. I figured I'd go hang with Jack for a bit, and after spotting him out I realized Rachel and him were standing in the corner. Getting a closer look I realized she was twirling a piece of hair between her fingers and batting her eyelashes at him.

The weird jealousy I felt last night while he was talking to Holly crept back up into my stomach and I turned around to find more shots. After doing two, I spun around and decided to see what they were talking about.

When Jack saw me walking toward him a look of relief washed over his face. He looked a little uncomfortable and for some reason it made me glad. I was confused with all of this because it wasn't like we were anything. If Jack had wanted to make a move he would have already. Either way, I skipped up to him with a sweetest smile I could manage and he grabbed me around the waist, pulling me into a hug.

"You look amazing" he whispered in my ear, and I laughed looking down at my feet.

"Are you having fun Rachel?" I asked, trying to fix any bad blood she had for me. It didn't make sense to me that she'd ignored me the whole night. I mean she was the one who had threw me under the bus, I should be the one who was mad.

"Loads" she said sarcastically, looking a little pissed off. Jack still had his arm around my waist, and she looked down, rolled her eyes and walked off.

I frowned in response, why did she have it out for me?

"Smile Button" Jack said, tilting my head to look up at him.

"She really doesn't like me much" I said with a bit of a scowl.

'Who cares, she's so weird. She asked me if I wanted to make out with her and I didn't even know what to say" he replied, releasing me from his grasp.

"She did not!" I exclaimed, and he just nodded in response.

"Those pants are incredible" he added, taking my hand and spinning me around.

Being that I was pretty drunk, I tripped on my own foot while trying to do a somewhat graceful spin, falling right into Jack's arms again.

I looked up at Jack and his face was so close to mine, there was hardly any space between us. He stared into my eyes for a second before looking down at my lips.

"Sutton!" I heard Cassadee call from across the kitchen.

Snapping out of the moment, Jack and I turned to see Cassadee and Rian walking toward us with grins on their faces. I shot Jack a quick smile and he smiled back. The two approached and Rian and Cas both gave me quick hugs.

"You look so cute!" Cassadee said, "Those leather pants are to die for, where did you get them?!"

"My best friends sister is a model, she gave them to me because she doesn't have enough butt to fill them" I responded, laughing.

"Well girl you do!"

"You look cute too! I love this!" I said, commenting on her cute lace top.

"Lets go get some more shots" Rian motioned to me and Jack, and we followed them over to the counter.

After doing another shot I got the hiccups which was ridiculously annoying. Everyone thought it was cute but I just wanted them gone. I really started to feel drunk, and I could tell Jack was getting wasted too.

At that moment Leah and Kimmy walked into the living room where Jack and I had migrated to with Alex and Zack. They were all laughing and I could tell they were all drunk as hell too, tonight was going to be an interesting one for sure.

"Sutton!" they both yelled out in unison, they looked so much alike.

"Hi!" I said, running up and hugging both of them, I was a lovey drunk.

Alex and Zack imitated me, squealing Jack's name, and both of them tried jumping into Jack's arms. Jack's lanky body couldn't support both of them and they all toppled over into a pile of limbs on the floor. We laughed and rolled our eyes at their craziness and I leaned over the laughing pile of boys. Alex stuck his hand out to me to help him up, and I went to pull but he yanked me down with them.

I let out a yelp and landed on top of them, immediately engulfed in their giant love hug on the ground. As if they had planned it, Zack pinned me down and Alex and Jack started tickling me. My crop top didn't help me as my sides were exposed. It was my most ticklish spot, and I squirmed around unable to get free.

I was laughing so hard I could barely speak, "Guys!" I gasped, "Stop! Please Stop!"

Just as I escaped Zack's firm hold I went to get up when I was welcomed with a huge splash of liquid right on my face and chest.

"Whoops" I heard Rachel say.

My jaw dropped, what was her problem? Wiping the burning alcohol from my eyes I looked up at her and she was smirking. I got to my feet, I'd had enough.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked angrily.

"Whoah, calm down Sutton! You're actually crazy, it was an accident!" she smirked, she was provoking me.

"Rachel I saw you do that" Leah said, challenging her, "You should go"

"Yeah Rachel you should go" I said, I was so furious.

With that remark she shoved me, hard, and I stumbled backward in shock. Thankfully Jack had gotten to his feet and steadied me.

"You took enough beatings from Ian, I thought you'd be able to fight a little better than that. You were too much of a coward though weren't you?" she spit at me. Her words cut like a blade, but she wasn't done, "You're right though, pills are a much better way to cope" she finished with an evil smile.

I tried lunging toward her but Jack had me around the waist.

"Its not worth it Sutton" he said low enough for only me to hear.

Alexis and Amber showed up confused about what was going on. We were the center of attention in the living room.

"You told her?" I asked, turning to look at Leah with tears in my eyes. Leah was the only one who knew I'd been had a bit of a problem while I was still with Ian to cope with everything.

She looked so sad, tears filled her eyes too.

"I shouldn't have, it just came out one day when we were taking, I didn't mean to Sutton I'm so sorry."

I could feel the panic rising in my chest, I feel like I couldn't breath. I let out a broken sob and tried to get away from Jack but he wouldn't let go of me.

"We'll take care of Sutton, you guys should probably go" Alex said, "We don't want any more trouble."

Leah was crying into Kimmy's arms, and Kim nodded sympathetically, ushering her out of the living room toward the door. The rest of the girls followed, and Alex followed behind making sure they left.

Jack led me into the laundry room on the main floor. Once we were in there I broke into short sobs, covering my face and turning away from Jack, I didn't really want him seeing me cry.

"Hey, hey" he said, spinning me around and crushing me in a hug.

After a few minutes he pulled away and sat me on the washing machine, wiping the tears away from my eyes.

"Everything she said was true, I'm fucked up" I managed to get out.

"You aren't fucked up" Alex said, walking into the laundry room, "They're gone now by the way."

I nodded, looking down and feeling my eyes still rimmed with tears.

"I'm sorry, this is stupid" I said, looking up at Jack and Alex.

"Not stupid" Alex replied, "I'm going to go get some tissues."

As soon as he was out of the room, Jack took a step toward me, placing his forehead on mine. My heart skipped a beat as I could feel his warm breath on my cheek.

"You aren't fucked up, you're perfect" he whispered just before gently pressing his lips right on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to hear what you guys think! I'm hoping you like it so far! If you have any suggestions or questions or anything feel free to inbox me :) Thanks for reading!