Status: Slowly Starting

Inconvenience

Couldn't Hide Forever

I knocked on his door. It's not like I expect him to answer, but I hope he does. I don't expect a good outcome when he does answer. I left him nine years ago without a word, why would he want to see me now? The answer to that question is her. Lauren. His 9 year old daughter. I never meant to keep them apart, but I just never knew how to tell him about her.

The door flew open. He stood there for a moment before he registered that it was me. He looked at me with a mixture of shock and disbelief on his face.

"Hey, Mike." I spoke first.

"Kayla." was all he said. He stood there for another minute. "What are you doing here? I haven't heard from you in nine years."

"Mike, I have no where to go. I moved from here to San Diego to live with someone who turned out to be an abusive ass. Please help me" I said, trying to hold back the tears. It was hard though, this was not the life I imagined. This was also not what I wanted for my daughter.

"Yeah, sure. Um, come here Kayla." he said pulling into his warm embrace. It felt so good to be in his arms. I wish I had never left.

"There is something else, well more like someone else." I said before Lauren approached the house. She looked a lot like me, but there was no denying she was Mike's daughter.

"That's why you left."

"I am not going to make excuses, but I am sorry."

"Mom, is this him? Is this the guy you talk about all the time?" I nodded my head. Mike smirked at that fact that I talked about him a lot.

"Why don't you guys come on in?" Mike stepped aside and I walked in with our bags. I turned around to see Lauren in Mikes arms.

"I always wanted to meet you." she murmured. I saw the tears well up in Mike's eyes and I could feel them well up in mine.

Once inside Mike told us we could stay if we needed to. He showed Lauren the guest room where she put in a movie and hopped into bed. We went out to the living room to talk. He offered me a glass of wine and I accepted.

"Mike, I am so sorry. I never meant to hide her. But once I left you started a whole other life."

"I drank to forget you. I loved you so much. Not knowing why you left killed me."

"I never left because of you, I left because I didn't want to ruin your career."

"I wasn't ready to be a father. I am ready to try though." I threw my arms around him.

"You don't know what that means to me. It has been so hard being alone"

"But you weren't all alone." I pulled out of his embrace.

"His name is Brady. I met him two years ago. Things were great at that start but when we moved there three months ago he changed. He was abusive. Never to Lauren and never in front of her. I had to get out. I got a restraining order and left."

"Baby, come here." he said pulling me back into his arms. We sat there for what seemed like forever.

"Mike, I don't want to get in the way of your life. Go back to whoever you are seeing. I will find somewhere to live. I am going to work at my friends photography agency."

"Still love taking pictures?"

"It never stopped."

"I looked at your picture everyday since you left. Drew wouldn't tell me where you went."

"I made him do that. I, um, I watch every game you play in"

"There isn't a girlfriend." I nodded. "Do you still love me?" I stared at him for a long time.

"I think so, but I won't be an inconvenience"
♠ ♠ ♠
Just starting this up. Let me know what you think. Subscribe if you like it. Comment if you think I should continue. This could go anywhere

OUTFIT:

Kayla