Status: Slowly Starting

Inconvenience

Who is Lauren Richards?

*****Kayla's POV*****

I got a phone call from Brady while I was sitting with Mike inside. I stepped out onto the front step.

"You can't be calling me." I stated simply.

"Two years of being together and you get a restraining order." I rolled my eyes. That was Brady, never admitted when he was in the wrong.

"We aren't having this conversation, EVER." He chuckled.

"I will make your life a living hell." I felt my eyes fill with tears. "You have fun with your kids dad, but when he throws you to the curb don't try to come back to me."

"I would never try to come back to you." Mike stepped outside and wrapped his arm around me.

"You are a selfish bitch." The line went dead. I ended the phone call and took a deep breath before the tears fell. I wrapped my arms around Mike.

"I'm sorry I ever left you." I said in between sobs.

"The past is the past, and I am here now." I cried into his chest for a few more minutes. "Why don't we go take a nap in my bed?" I nodded my head in agreement. He lead me inside and into his master bedroom. I got under the sheets and cuddled into his chest.

"I missed this. I used to tell Lauren about you just so I could look back on the good times." I whispered before dozing off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****Mike's POV****

I snuck out of the bed after Kayla fell asleep. She needed to rest but I had other things to do. I wanted to find out more about who my daughter really was. It was obvious that she was mine, her features clearly showed it. That's not what I wanted to know, I want to know who she is as a person. I knocked on the guest room door before poking my head in.

"Lauren, do you want to go get ice cream on the beach?"

"Okay!" she hopped of the bed and exited the room. I grabbed Arnold before we made our way down to the ice cream stand. Lauren got bubble gum ice cream and I got cookie dough. We walked until we found a bench.

"So, Lauren, tell me some things about yourself." I realized how cheesy the sentence seemed after I had already said it.

"My favorite color is purple." I chuckled. "Yes just like moms. I play hockey and I love it. Mom watches all of your games, so I love watching it too. My favorite player is Jeff Carter though, sorry that was before I knew you were my dad."

"Its okay. Do you like the Kings?" she nodded her head.

"Mom takes me to lots of games. We were there when you won the cup, it was awesome." I laughed at her excitement.

"Do you want to play hockey here?"

"I would love to. I don't want to stop. I want to go to the olympics some day."

"Thats a good goal sweetheart."

"Oh, my favorite food is pasta. I want to travel more too. Mom took me London, England last summer. I want to go to France."

"Have you been anywhere in Canada?"

"We go camping in B.C every year. I have been to Kenora a few times to see grandma and grandpa." we were both silent for a few minutes. "I always wanted to meet you dad. Mom talked about you lots but she never told me who you were. I am glad you are here." she wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm happy too Lauren."

"How did you meet my mom?" its so weird that she calls Kayla mom, I was not used to that yet.

"I am best friends with your uncle Drew."

"Oh, so you must know aunt Mackenzie." I nodded. "She's funny!" I nodded again, Mackenzie was nice. I was happy for Drew. "When did you first fall in love with mom?"

"Well, it was eleven years ago on Canada day."

**Flashback**

"Mike isn't it beautiful!" Kayla shouted over the sound of the fireworks. We sat on the dock by her cabin watching the fireworks. She was snapping pictures on her new camera.

"It sure is." I wasn't even looking at the fireworks, just at her.

"I want to be a photographer someday and move to L.A."

"I can tell, you love taking pictures." She flashed me a smile. The short time was had been dating didn't make a difference. I knew it. I loved her.

"Mike, promise me something."

"Okay."

"Always remember that you are an amazing hockey player even if people say other wise."

"Thanks."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

"Good." I looked at her again. She was running her feet through the water. I knew something else too, I was going to marry that girl someday.

**End Flashback**

"Wow, thats deep." Lauren said as she went to throw out her napkin. "Do you still love her?"

"Yes I do. And I still know it, I will marry her someday."
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Thanks for reading! Please comment and let me know what you think!