Status: Slowly Starting

Inconvenience

Tell Me

I smoothed my shirt for the millionth time. I don't know why he is making me do this. We have to meet the team. His team. The guys he spends every day with. Lauren wasn't nervous at all but I am a wreck. We had only been back for two weeks, this was all happening so quickly. I jumped when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to see Mike standing behind me.

"Are you okay?" I slowly nodded my head. He paused to look at me. Its funny, we had only been back for two weeks but he still knew everything about me. "Are you sure?" I sighed and shook my head 'no'.

"What if they don't like me? What if they think all of this is too weird?" he chuckled. How could he be laughing at a time like this?

"They are great guys, lots of them have families. They will all love you, in fact some of them will be all over you." I smirked.

"What if they think its weird that we aren't together but we live together?"

"Then they can mind their own business." I nodded. "We have to go though." he took my hand and sent shivers down my spine.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Mike dragged Lauren and I into a room full of guys. A few of them glanced up but most of them stayed in their conversations.

"Guys!" Mike shouted to get everyone's attention. They all stopped talking and looked at us. Some of them look shocked, but others didn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary. "This is Kayla and my daughter Lauren." That's when the shock hit everyone.

"You never told us you had a daughter." some guy with black scruffy hair stated.

"I never knew, Kayla and I just ran into each other a few weeks ago." they all stared at us. It was almost like we were animals in a zoo. A man with brown short hair stepped forward.

"Hi, I'm Jarret." he said while shaking my hand. That broke the ice. Everyone swarmed to us. I didn't even catch everyones names. After a while things had broken down into groups again. Lauren was with Mike and his friend Jeff while I was sitting with Jarret.

"So you live in L.A?" I nodded.

"I just moved back, from San Diego. But I moved here before Lauren was born."

"This might be somewhat personal, but why didn't you ever go see Mike when he would come here for games?" I stopped for a moment and looked at him.

"If he saw me, with Lauren everything would be different for him. The whole point of me moving was so he could have his career, it was easier if he didn't know."

"So what do you do?"

"I am a photographer."

"What does Lauren do?"

"We just got her into school again. She plays hockey and she dances. She has more of an interest in hockey though."

"You and Mike, are you?" he made a few hand gestures but I caught on.

"No, its been a while. We need to get to know each other again before we start a relationship."

"That makes sense." I nodded in agreement.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Once we got home I told Lauren that it was bedtime. It was fairly late and she had seemed tired towards the end of the day. I was sitting in the living room with a glass of wine when Mike sat down.

"She is out." I laughed.

"She was tired."

"Did you have a good time?" I nodded.

"It was a bit overwhelming but the guys are nice."

"I told you."

"That you did." We were silent for a moment. "Lots of them asked why I never told you that I was pregnant." I took a long sip of my wine.

"I know why. They don't though, but they shouldn't have asked."

"No, its okay."

"Tell me about it."

"Tell you about what?"

"When you found out you were pregnant."

"Well, I was obviously 19. I was 2 months along I think. I figured it was that night before you went away to play in Glenfalls, that night you forgot the condom." He chuckled.

"That was a good night."

"That was an amazing night. I told my parents, my dad was upset that I wouldn't tell you. I told my mom it was time for me to move, and she agreed. Before I left a few of my close friends pressured me to get an abortion. One of them even drove me to a clinic and made me go inside but I couldn't. I could not do that, it was too terrible. So I got on a plane and came here."

"Who tried to make you get an abortion?"

"Does it matter?" he nodded.

"It matters to me." I sighed.

"It was Katie Walsh. She was always pissed that we were together."

"She was even more pissed when I told you that I loved you."

"She was even worse when I said it to you." he topped and look at me for a moment.

"Do you still feel that? Do you still love me?" Before I could say anything my phone rang.

"I can ignore it." he shook his head and told me to get it. I stepped out of the room before answering the call.

"Hello."

"Hey Kayla, it's Jarret."

"Oh, hey! Whats up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you aren't busy tomorrow, would you like to go to dinner with me." He paused and waited for my response. Before I knew what was happening, words were coming out of my mouth.

"Sure."

"Great, I will pick yo up at 6." I hung up the phone and looked back at Mike. What had I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Enjoy!

Outfit