Status: Slowly Starting

Inconvenience

Dating Again?

"I just don't understand why he would ask her out." I heard Mike say on the phone. I hid behind the door and listened to the rest of the conversation. "Whatever Jeff, I think it was out of line." I heard Mike hang up the phone and head to the door. I panicked and ran across the hall.

"Kayla, why are you running around the hallway?" He asked me with a questioning look. I froze and tried to compose a story.

"Lauren called me." I said with a questioning tone. I knew he wasn't buying it.

"Lauren is at hockey practice." I raised my eyebrows at him. Shit!

"I have to pick her up."

"You just dropped her off."

"Whats with the third degree? This is a free country." I said while throwing up my hands.

"Okay then." He started to walk down the hall.

I knew I needed to confront him but I wasn't sure how to go about it. It had to be done though, I could sense the tension between us. I was going on a date. No big deal right? Well it was. Both Lauren and Mike seemed upset with me.

"Mike!" I shouted down the hall. He stopped and turned around.

"Yes?"

"Is everything okay? Before you answer remember I know when you are lying to me." He sighed and placed his hands on is hips.

"I, ugh, I don't know if I can watch you date him."

"First off, it's just one date. If you don't want me to go, then I guess I won't."

"I want you to be happy. You need this night out."

"Mike, you make me happy. I see a future with us, I really do but we need to rediscover who we are. Our relationship is not going to be the same as it was. We have both changed quite a bit."

"I completely agree with that. I want to know who you are now. I still care about you so much. I think it is important you go on this date. It will help you figure out if you really want 'us' again." I nodded my head slowly. Our lives are much more complicated then they were when we were younger. Things were carefree then, when I worked at the concession at the rink and I could meet him after his games. Now we have a child, and I could never have her watch us break up.

"Okay, then I will go. But if we decide that we want 'us' again then things have to go slowly. I could never hurt Lauren by us breaking up."

"Go get ready for your date babe, next date you go on will be with me."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I finished putting in my pearl earrings and smoothed my polka dot dress. I heard a knock on my door. Lauren poked her head in.

"Mommy, can I talk to you?" I smiled at my little girl.

"Of course sweetie."

"I want you and daddy to get married."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I want you to get married because then we can be a family."

"Sweetheart we are a family."

"Not like the kids at school."

"Oh sweetheart, we are a family. We are just a way cooler family then the ones from your school. I love your father but we aren't going to get married right now." She nodded and looked at the ground.

"Will you get married?"

"Maybe someday."

"Okay mom! Have fun tonight."

"Thank you darling."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Thanks for tonight Jarret." I said as we walked hand in hand on the beach.

"No problem, it was a great night."

"It really was. Look, I haven't been on a date in a long time."

"I thought you had a boyfriend in San Diego?"

"He was more of a monster than a boyfriend. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that this meant a lot to me. Its been a long time since someone has treated me like you have."

"Well I would do anything for you." He said while stepping in. He placed his hand on my cheek and leaned down. Our lips touched in a soft kiss. "Let's go back to my place." He said while taking my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I suck. I haven't updated in forever and I am so sorry. I was just so busy with my dad but he is at home and doing well. That means I have time to update hopefully once a week! Thanks for all the support and sticking by me.

Enjoy! You are all great readers! <3