Status: Slow and steady

The Fall of Prejudice

The Wedding

It was Frank’s wedding day, he was sitting in the chair in his room, letting his mother fuss over his hair. He had decided that he was to have at least a few good weeks in his marriage before the sullen Gerard was to return.

When asked if he wanted to go somewhere on a honeymoon, Frank had told Gerard that he was eager to see his new home and so they could make a trip to the continent when Frank was settled in. The truth was that Frank thought the honeymoon would be a good excuse to see Gerard happy again when the time came.

James came into the room and Mrs. Iero went to primping his hair, leaving Frank to go down stairs. His sister was in the parlor room in her new dress, she had gotten up earlier than needed to start preparing for the day. Sitting by his sister silently, Frank waited until it was time to leave.

~***~

The wedding had been a short ceremony with a very small crowd, just as Frank had wanted. Gerard had only invited his brother and Mr. Toro while Frank had his family (including a stray aunt and uncle or two) and the Bryar family. Frank would have rather only have Bob there but he knew his mother was set on bragging to Mrs. Bryar about her son’s success.

Upon returning to the house, Frank’s belongings were pack in the coach and they stayed for a small wedding breakfast. After, it was time to say goodbye. James and Frank hugged for a long time and promised to write and visit as often as possible.

Frank hugged his mother and sister before giving his father a solid handshake. He knew he had always been his father’s favorite, so when his father left to sit in his library, he knew it was for proprieties sake. Frank made a mental note to write to his father as often as he wrote to his brother.

After a polite bow to Mr. Toro and a hug with Michael (who would be staying with Mr. Toro for a week longer to give the newly weds a chance to get used to life together), Frank climbed into the coach with the help of Gerard.

Once inside the cab, Gerard sat on the opposite side of Frank as they waved goodbye to their families. Frank thought back to the night Gerard sat on the same side and felt lonely by himself. He assumed this was what the future held.

However, as soon as Iero Lodge was out of sight, Gerard pulled the blinds over the windows and moved to Frank’s side, wrapping his arms around Frank’s waist and placing kisses along Frank’s jawline.

“Hello husband,” Frank could feel Gerard smile against him as he addressed him, “My Frank, my dear, my love.” Gerard continued to think of sweet pet names as he ran his hands up Frank’s thigh.

Leaning back into the older man, Frank thought about how strange it felt to be touched by Gerard. He could feel a warm sensation in his stomach an blushed as he felt his pants tighten. He turned his head and, for the first time, initiated a kiss with Gerard.

Gerard’s response was shock at first, as he had began to wonder if Frank would ever do anything more than accept his kisses, but it quickly turned to hunger as he pulled Frank closer with one arm and held his head firmly in place with the other.

This lasted a few minutes until Gerard pulled his head away but kept Frank held securely to his side. “We must remember, my love, that we cannot get too carried away in the coach. What would the driver think?”

“He would think that I love my husband very much.” Frank said it so quietly he was not sure if Gerard had heard it, he was also not sure he had meant it. Frank had not even realized he had said it until it was too late.

But Gerard had heard it and the look in his eyes was something Frank had never seen before. It was as if Frank was the only person in the entire world Gerard cared about and he had just given the gentleman the only thing he ever wanted.

They continued to sit closely together for the rest of the ride to their home. They spoke of books and the song Michael had attempted to teach Frank. Frank silently declared it was a pleasant ride to his new life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, tell me what you all think!

(On a side note, I do have some mega exams coming up so I may not be able to update for a little while. I may write something as a study break, who knows. If it does take some time for the next update, please have patience, I will be back!)