Status: COMPLETED!!!!

A Fading Memory

Keep You Safe and Sound

"Stella I saw him! He was covered in blood and laughing like a psycho and he spoke to me and Stella he was stood right there!" I shouted frantically, pointing to the spot where C.M had been. She came home and found me lying in a crumpled heap on the floor, a nasty knock to my head. It had to of been real, I had no other explanation. C.M stood right in front of me and warned me that hope will fail me.

"Sean - you've gone daft from the knock, you're just stressed because we've moved home. There's nothing wrong with this house! Ghosts don't even exist and there is defiantly no one inside! Nobody got hit the head, nobody came downstairs and nobody screamed at you. It's all in your head Sean!" she insisted. "Dammit! Can I not leave you anywhere without you acting up? Now be off with you, go upstairs and have a nap." it was pointless to argue.

I darted upstairs with my tail between my legs and ran into our room. I saw something, I heard someone shout. C.M's bloody face plagued my mind. What happened to him after I blacked out? Did whoever hit him come back? I wanted to know his name and everything else about him. I decided to take Stella's advice and stripped down into my boxers, jumping beneath the covers. It'd be dark before too long, darkness came quickly in January.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerard you little twat wait up!" the boy yelled, grabbing his rucksack and chasing after his red haired companion. The bitter January wind whipped his ginger hair around his face and sent his jacket flying back like a cape. The snow was beginning to melt and their footsteps slid in the slush. Passers by glanced in amusement at the two with fading memories of their own youths. The rain clouds rolled in, covering up the cold sunshine though neither boy cared. They both had matching school uniform and jackets and rucksacks. One boy had flame red hair and twinkiling brown eyes. His face was pale though it glowed with life like a child's. The other who was chasing him was a sorry sight. He was littered in bruises and cuts and was paper thin. His glossy fiery hair swooped down over his almost black eyes. Despite his dishevelled appearance he seemed content.

The ginger haired boy caught his friend and wrestled him to the ground on someone's flower beds. The two lay there in their tangled mess and laughed. In the distance, the school bell could be heard and they laughed some more. "Fuck school! Let's go hide in the park, Chris!" The flame boy exclaimed in a squeaky American accent, pulling his shorter friend to his feet. The two walked in content silence to the park, just as the rain came. They hid beneath the shelter, huddling together for warmth.

"You alright, Christian?" Gerard asked, twirling a piece of black hair around his finger. Christian looked up and smiled weakly. He didn't want to tell Gerard that he was pressing against a cut in his side and it was really hurting him. He didn't want Gerard to know the cut was even there!

"Just a little sore, that's all." He replied. Gerard looked worried.

"Show me baby." he insisted, slipping Chris’ jacket off his shoulders. The boy shivered in the cold as he lifted his white shirt up to show Gerard the scars. He couldn't remember how they came about. Gerard's finger slowly stroked the red slashes, his heart filling with overwhelming sympathy for him.

"They're just little grazes, it could've been worse. They'll beat the hell out of me if they know we've been skipping school, or if they know I was with you last night." Christian insisted, tugging his shirt back down and pulling his jacket back on. Gerard wrapped his arms around him, holding his fragile frame against his slightly tubbier one. Chris nestled his head into Gerard's neck, taking in the scent of coffee and cigarettes.

"Chris if you ever need me I'll always be right by your side. I'll try and protect you from them. Just hold it out one more year then we can leave for college and never have to come back here again. You'll be safe then, you're always safe with me" he said softly, stroking the boy's hair. Chris smiled softly and looked up, kissing Gerard's chin. The two boys had always been close, closer than anyone ever imagined. They both lived in care, though one more comfortably than the other. They both had passions for music and art and they both loved each other.

"I'll try, Gee, though they've threatened to kill me a few times now. I'm scared they'll follow through" Chris sighed. He wanted nothing more than to run away with Gerard and never look back. Gerard smiled sympathetically and leant down to kiss his lips. Chris smiled and kissed back, holding his head in place. Gerard made him feel so much better.

"I promise to protect you and keep you safe and sound"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a sick feeling in my stomach. That wasn't like any dream I'd had before. It felt real, like I was watching from the sidelines. My hands were cold and clammy and my forehead was bathed in sweat. I couldn't decide whether that was a dream or a nightmare. C.M - or Christian was happy with Gerard, his boyfriend. I could hear his voice, a soft British accent with little Welsh undertones. They were going to be together forever and run away to keep Christian safe. They must've been too late, seeing as Chris was dead. I could hear his voice, a soft British accent with little Welsh undertones. Did Gerard ever find out what happened to his lover? The newspaper article said he killed himself. I wondered if Gerard was still alive. I hoped so.

"You awake Sean?" Stella asked from the door. It was dark outside, I must've been asleep for hours. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, flicking on my bedside lamp. "Jay's dozed off in my bed. Says he's scared the Evil Boy will get him."

"The Evil Boy?" I asked. A horrible feeling of dread grew in my stomach.

"Yes, Sean. While you were ranting about the kid in the basement Jay must've picked up, because he's terrified of what he's calling the Evil Boy." Stella explained, stony faced. "He says he's scared of a boy with red hair, a bloody face and slashes on his stomach-"

"Jay must've seen him too! When I saw the boy in the basement he had his shirt on, so there was no way of seeing what was underneath. I wouldn't have known if he had any scaring to his stomach. If I'd of known I'd of told you - but I didn't so I said nothing about his stomach!" I gasped. Stella rolled her eyes.

"Sean. You're crazy. All I'm asking is that you never mention him again, because he's having some sort of effect on Jay. Whether Jay is hallucinating like you or not, you know what kids are like. They have a crazy imagination. Whoever this kid is, he's about as real as Narnia! You're just under pressure because you've moved away from Josh and you've lost your parents. You can go to Merthyr on the weekend, but you've got dentist tomorrow so get some rest." she kissed my forehead and switched my light off, leaving the room.

Dentist. I can't think of anything more boring in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meet Christian! Ahahaahahahahahaha I suck at life

Title: Safe and Sound - Kyosuke Himuro ft. Gerard Way