Status: In Progress :)

Second Best - Hermione Granger's Twin

Chapter One - Mimbulus Mimbletonia

Cassie's POV

I sat next to Luna in the very last carriage in the Hogwarts Express. I didn't paticually like her but she was company even so.She was a fourth year, I however, was a fifth year, along with the Golden Trio.

The summer had been eventful what with staying at 12 Grimmauld Place and Harry Potter fighting dememtors and having to go to a hearing and Fred and George knocking poor Ginny over with their trunks in the staircase.

I opened my trunk and took out a book when Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Neville came in.

"Hello Granger!" Ron said. He was a nice person but they didn't know me very well. They (Harry and Ron) only knew me as Hermione's twin. Being Hermione's twin was quite hard sometimes but I was used to it. I was a Gryffindor like her. She was a minute or two older than me, making me the youngest in the family. I looked exactly like Hermione but my curls were naturally blonde instead of brown. We had the same eyes, face, hands and even, feet. We were the spitting image of each other...but I was born with blonde hair like I said.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Lighten up Cassidy." Hermione said cheerily, sitting down next to me. Everyone else sat down too.

"Guess what I got for my birthday?" Neville said excitedly.

"Another remebral?" Harry asked.

"No...i lost that years ago. I got this." Neville replied, grabbing everyone's attention as he reached into his school bag and pulled out what seemed to be a little grey cactus.

"Wht is that?" Ginny asked.

"It is called a Minbulus Mimbletonia." Neville said proudly. I put my book down. I loved Herboligy. I loved school in general.

"That's really rare isn't it?" I said. Neville nodded.

"What does it do?" Harry asked.

"Lots! Here, Cassidy, can you hold Trevor for me?" Neville dumped Trevor on my lap and pulled out a quill. Luna looked from over the top of her magazine to look at what Neville was going to do.

Neville looked for a good spot, and once he had chosen it, he sharply prodded the plant. I knew what was going to happen next.

Thick, stinking green liquid shot from each boil on the plant. I shielded myself - and Trevor - from the sap using my book.Some still managed to find it's way onto me. Garr.

"Sorry - er - guys, whoops, didn't know it would do that...he he..." Neville gasped. "It's not poisonous, Stinksap, don't worry Harry."

I saw that Harry had recieved a face full. I had to hold back the urge to laugh.

At that very moment Cho Chang opened our carriage door. She gasped slightly.

"Oh, my mistake, didn't mean to, I'll er, just go now, just wanted to say hi...see you." She stuttered before leaving us covered in Stinksap.

"Don't worry Neville, I've got this." I said before getting out my wand.

"Scougify!" I said. The Stinksap disappeared before our very eyes.

"Thanks Granger." Ron said, relieved.

"Your welcome." Harry and Ron called me Granger because they didn't know me very well.

We sat for a while and hermione annoyed Luna by saying the Quibbler is rubbish and it turned out that Luna's father is the editor so, Hermione stopped herself from talking to Luna.

Just then Harry's face turned into a scowl. I turned to see what he was scowling at. Two words. Draco Malfoy.

"What?" Harry snapped.

"Now now Potter, manners, or I will have to give you a detention, we wouldn't want that would we? you see, unlike you, I am a prefect, therefore I am allowed to hand out punshments to those people who...let's see...deserve it..." Malfoy drawled.

"Wow." I said " I didn't know Malfoy could use long words like 'therefore' and 'deserve' did anyone else?" Ron, sniggered. Hermione slapped him.

"Calm down Cassidy." Hermione snapped.

"Oh, and you, unlike me, are an idiot, so get out." Harry added to my insult. I had to give him a high five for that one.

"Your second best to Weasley, Potter, how does that feel?" Malfoy said, his lip curling.

I got up, not having any more of Malfoy's nonsense, and had to physically shove him to get him out.

"Calm down Granger. And Potter, I will be dogging your footsteps incase you get out of line." Maalfoy sneered. I gave him one last push before he left with his 'cronies' Crabbe and Goyle

"Thanks Granger." Harry said.

"No problem." I said before sitting down and picking up my book. I wiped the last tiny bits of Stinksap off before opening it and getting lost within the pages.

~~~~

I hope that was ok :D

See you later,

Libby xxx
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you liked it!

More soon

Libby XXX