Status: In Progress :)

Second Best - Hermione Granger's Twin

Chapter Two - Invisible Horses?

Cassie's POV

I sighed as the rain began to fall. It was sunny but as we went further North it was getting colder and wetter. At long last the train pulled to a halt. We got out, now fully dressed in out uniforms. Hermione and Ron (the prefects) went off to supervise while we were left with all the pets. The train people dealt with our trunks.

"I am not holding that cat." Harry said firmly.

"Fine, have it your way..." I said, picking up Crookshanks. He hissed at me. I gave my owl to Ginny and we were off.

We stumbled off, getting thrown about by the crowds. I was waiting for the cry of 'Firs' Years' but it never came.

"Where's Hagrid?" Harry wondered out loud.

"I don't know." I said. Professor Grubbly-Plank was directing the first years. I struggled with Crookshanks. Hagrid couldn't have left. I thought. Why would he? He loved it here...

We walked towards the horse less carriages. I saw Harry do a double take.

"What is it Harry?" I asked.

"What are those?" Harry said, puting Hedwig down. (He had given Pigwidgeon to Luna).

"What are what Harry?" I asked, confused.

"Those big, black things, you know, the ones with wings..." He said, walking up to the empty space. He reached his hand out.

"Umm, Harry, I know Malfoy is getting on your nerves, but he shouldn't be driving you crazy..." I said, clutching Crookshanks to my chest to stop him running away.

Ginny turned to me and mouthed 'Has he gone mental?'

"I think so..." I said.

"Oh, by the way Cassidy, you really look like Hermione when you hold Crookshanks like that..." She said smiling.

"Thanks, I guess."

Hrmione suddenly appeared with Ron and Hermione was fuming.

"Malfoy was bullying first years back there, honestly he has only had the badge, what? Half an hour and he is already using it to push people around..."

"Calm down Mione." I said.

"Don't call me that" Hermione snapped. " And give me Crookshanks."

"I was only trying to help..."

"Shut up you two. Hermione, you didn't need to snap and Granger, don't call Mione..oops, Hermione Mione..." Ron said, smiling hugely. Hermione looked like she could have slapped him. I giggled. She slapped me.

"Shut up Cassidy!" Hermione said hotly.

Harry was still staring into space. Ron was looking at him, confused.

Luna was talking to Harry.

"Don't worry, I can see them too. Your not mad Harry Potter. Your just as sane as I am." she said. Now that must have been intimidating for Harry. Poor Harry.

We climbed into the carriage and sat down, leant back and got ready for the bumpy ride.

~~~~~

Sorry it is so short, the next one is going to be much longer :D

See you later,

Libby xxx
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it!

More later!

Libby XXX