Status: In Progress :)

Second Best - Hermione Granger's Twin

Chapter Four - Defence Against The Dark Arts...and Malfoy?

Cassie's POV (sorryyy, I will get another POV in...I promise :D)

The day went by as usual. Harry got annoyed by Snape (he vanished Harry's potion) and we had Divination. We were using 'The Dream Oracle' and blah blah blah. I might turn into Hermione and just simply walk out. I wanted to, I sat on my own at a table. I worked better alone.

It was now time for Defence Against The Dark Arts. I sighed. Professor Umbrige better be good. I thought to myself. We went in and sat down.

"Good Afternoon!" Professor Umbrige chirped.

"Afternoon." A few people mumbled.

"Now now. That will simply not do. When I say 'good afternoon' or 'good morning' I expect you to say 'Good Afternoon or morning Professor Umbrige' back to me! Let's try that again shall we? Good afternoon class!"

"Good Afternoon Professor Umbrige." We chanted back. Honestly. I thought. We are fifteen, not five.

"That's better! Now now, wands away children, quills out!" I was hating this woman more by the second.

I put my wand away and pulled out my quill and some ink. I looked over to Hermione and saw she was sitting upright and staring straight at Umbrige. How could she do this??? I mean, I can, it's just, even I don't have the energy to do it all lesson, every lesson...

Umbrige got out her wand (which was unusally short) and tapped the black board. Words appeared on the board:

Defence Against The Dark Arts, A Return To Basic Principles.

I almost groaned. She went on about how our education of DADA was poor and far below OWL standard and blah blah. Now, it is not like me to hate on a techer, but if you had had Umbrige you would be strangling yourself.

"...and so, copy down the following please." she finished.

I pulled out some parchment and looked at the blackboard. The writing ahd switched and now read:

1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.

2. Learning to recognise situations in which defensive magic can legally be used.

3. Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for practical use.

Once we had written the 'Course Aims' down Umbrige spoke again.

"Now children, have we all got a copy of 'Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"

"Yes Professor Umbrige." The class chanted.

She giggled. She was lucky I didn't raise my wand to my forehead and say 'Avada Kedavra'.

"Good, you are learning. Now, please turn to page five read Chapter One: Basics For Beginners. There is no need to talk." She said before placing that fat behind of hers down on the chair behind the teacher's desk.

Sighig, I opened the book at page five. I read the first few lines. It was incredibly boring and dull. And that my readers, is coming from me, Hermione Granger's twin.

I looked over and saw Seamus Finnegan trying to read it a best he could, but failing.I saw Malfoy's look of disgust as he read. It was funny. I turned back to my book and saw Hermione. HER BOOK WASN'T EVEN OPEN. It was the apolapyse already. Harry was sort of communicating to her. She shook her head. As I was near the back I could see the back of her head. She had very bushy hair. Mine was slightly longer and more curly and obviously, blonde. Apart from our hair we were exactly the same. I had always hated that and just wanted to do things my way and not just be Granger's twin.

I had always wanted to do things, amazing things, but I never could. I had always wanted to be original. I wanted to be my own free self. Like Dobby the Elf. Just free and alone, doing my thing and being recognised. I felt someone's gaze on me. I looked up. Malfoy. He looked ever so slightly concerned. Then I realised. I had been crying. Silly me and my uncontrolable emotions. Why was he looking concerned anyway. It was his job to sneer at me after all...

I turned back to my book, cheeks going red.

Umbrige had given up on ignoring Hermione so she just looked at her and asked:

"Is there something wrong with the chapter dear?" She said.

"No Professor, it's about your course aims..." Hermione said, quietening down with each word.

"Pardon?" Umbrige said.

"It's about your course aims." Hermione said.

"What is your name?" Umbrige demnded.

"Hermione Granger." Hermione said.

"Miss Granger, the aims are quite clear are they not?" Umbrige said. Melice rising in her voice.

"I don't think so. There is nothing on there about using defensive spells."

"Using defensive spells?" Umbrige started a giggling fit. I somehow exchanged a look with malfoy tht read 'idiot isn't she?'

WAIT. I was interracting with Draco Malfoy. No. Keep calm. He is nothing to you. Remember, he calls you and your sister Mudbloods. He means NOTHING.

"Why would we need to actually use defensive spells?"

"So we are not going to use magic then?" Ron thought outloud.

"Students raise thier hands when they want to talk in my classroom." Umbrige said in that sickly sweet, girly voice.

Hermione rose her hand.

"Yes Miss Granger?" Umbrige said.

"Then what is the point in not using defensive spells?" She asked.

Umbrige was about to get mean. She eyed Harry but then turned to Hermione to have a right go at her.

"Are you Ministry trained in educational magic?" She snapped.

"No but-"

"Good. Now stop. You are not to decide what the 'whole point' of my lessons are then." Umbrige spat. "We are doing it safely and as risk free as possible."

"What's the point in that?" I said. Umbrige whipped around. I stuck my hand up.

"Miss...?"

"Granger. Yes, there are two of us and anyway, what is the point in not using actual magic in lessons? What would happen if we were attacked in the real li-"

"Attacked, by who? Who would attack you?"

"I don't know." Harry said in mock thought. "Hmm...maybe...I dunno...Lord Voldemort?"

"DETENTION POTTER! THAT IS A LIE!" Umbrige screamed.

"It isn't! I saw him, I fought him!" Harry said desperately.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic acident-"

"IT WAS MURDER, HE WAS KILLED BY VOLDEMORT, I SAW IT HAPPEN!"

"Come here potter" Umbrige said. Harry strode up to the table and soon left holding pink parchment. He smlammed the door shut and the bell went. Thank God it was break.

I had packed up my things when Malfoy came over to me.

"Can we talk?" He asked in a hushed voice.

I looked towards Ron and Hermione who were eyeing me.

I smiled at them then turned to face Malfoy.

"Yeah."

"In private?"

"Sure."

"Now?"

I sucked in my breath then nodded. He grabbed my arm before dragging me away. Hermione looked shocked. Ron stood there, blinking.

~~~~

Another chapter done! I hope you like it!!!

Please comment and subscribe maybe?

More soon,

Libby xx
♠ ♠ ♠
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!

WHat is gonna happen between Draco and Cassie?

Lets find out soon...

bye for now,

Libby :)