Status: In Progress :)

Second Best - Hermione Granger's Twin

Chapter Five - Private Talk With Malfoy

Malfoy's POV (yay)

I dragged Granger off to an empty classroom. She had been crying in DADA. I felt like crying because of that foul loathsome teacher Umbrige, but that was not the point. I shoved her in (perhaps a life too forcefully) and shut the door. She looked scared. Oh, yeah, right. Still had my 'Malfoy' face on. I had to put my 'Draco' face on. Now she looked downright shocked. Way to go Malfoy. Scare the poor thing.

"Why did you want to talk?" She asked boldly. Or, as boldly as she could which wasn't very bold.

"First, stop worrying. I'm not going to eat you. Secondly, why we're you crying in Defence Against The Dark Arts?"

"Oh...um...I just realised that...er...." She said, stumbling on her words.

I raised my eyebrows. She did look funny when she was arguing with herself.

"Well?"

Her face contorted from confusion to slight anger. I was thinking that if she goes to hit me, I really should duck. I mean, if Hermione can hurt you then I dread to think what this Granger can do.

"Why is it any of your concern Malfoy?" She snapped.

"Is a man allowed to feel concerned?" I said back at her, smoothly. She blinked. Then cocked her head to one side then seemed to open her mouth as if to speak but nothing came out.

"Granger, are you ok?" I asked. Her face was a mixture of what seemed like confusion, shock and happiness.

"Are you being kind to me Malfoy?" She asked.

"Well it seems like it Granger." I replied.

She reached out and put a hand on my forehead.

"Are you feeling alright?" She questioned.

"Yes." I said. I didn't move her hand. She drew it back slowly. The hair fell back where it was supposed to be.

"Shy are helping me Malfoy?" She asked.

"Is it against the law or something?"

"No, it's just strange for you."

"Still..." I almost whined back.

"I thought that to you I was a filthy Mudblood, just a stupid muggle born..." She was really making this difficult

"Look, I saw that you were sad and I wanted to help but with Weasley and Granger number one, I couldn't so I took you here so I could actually be nice to someone without being called a blood traitor..." I spat out.

She looked at me in great surprise. Then without warning she had tackled me into a hug. She had sort I of grabbed me around the middle and just stuck there. It felt odd, but right...what was I kidding, she was a Mudblood, a blood traitor, but she was so warm and she sort of melded to fit the shape of my body, almost like she was meant to do this...I didn't hug her back, I just let her hug me.

It felt nice though, having someone hug me. No body really hugged me, not even as a child. I was just sent to sit in the lounge when my father was doing 'important' things. What could be more important than your child? Everything probably according to my father.

"Malfoy, if really did want to know, I am just tired of being 'second best', I want to do things my way for once, be happy...but I can never get that...I am tired of just being ' second best' you know?"

"Actually Granger, same here." I said to her before wrapping my arms around her.

~~~~

Awww, CUTE!

See you soon,

Please comment and maybe subscribe?

Libby xxx
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favourite chappie so far, even though it is short...

I apologize for the shortness :)

More later,

Please comment and subscribe maybe?

Oh, and please feel free to think of ship names, I am rubbish at coming with those...

Libby xxx