Status: In Progress :)

Second Best - Hermione Granger's Twin

Chapter Six - Slytherin Scarf

Cassie's POV

I went back to the common room . It still felt like Malfoy's warm arms were wrapped around me. Suprising how such a mean guy can be so nice. I went to the common room. I told the password to the Fat Lady and portrait door swung open. As soon as I had set one foot in the room I was ambushed by Hermione.

"Cassidy! What did he do with you! Why? What? Where?"

"Calm down 'Mione. I'm fine." I said, holding her arms down, looking right into her eyes. "I'm fine."

"Why did he take you away?" Hermione said.

"Hermione, leave off." Ron siad, taking Hermione's arm and walking her off. She kept giving me questioning looks.

I sighed, turned on my heel and walked out of the common room. I wasn't going to put up with nosy twins. I went outside. It was quite cold so I pulled my robes closer to me. I went nearer to the lake then looked at my reflection. All I could see was Hermione. I just wanted to be different. Not like my twin. I saw my Gryffindor tie, did I belong in Gryffindor?

"Yes." A voice said. I turned. Malfoy.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I questioned.

"I could just tell." He sat next to me. "You know, you don't have to be like her..."

"I have to. It is 'the only way' as my mother thinks." I said. I never wanted to be like Hermione. I wanted to be different. Ok, I wanted to do well in school, so I did, but I wanted to make my own choices.

"You don't have to." His kind voice was coming as a shock to me.

"You don't understand."

"I think you'll find Granger, I do."

I looked up at him. He smiled slightly. That was unexpected. I shivered.

"You cold?" He asked.

"Just a little bit." I replied. I could feel the goosebumps creeping up my arm.

"Here." Malfoy said, taking his Slytherin scarf that he was wearing off and handing it to me.

"I can't."

"Yes, yes you can, but it is your own choice." I took the scarf and looped it around my neck. It was pre-warmed.

"See, you rebelled against your parents, they would never want that would they, taking help from a Slytherin."

I blushed. Smiling, I looked down at the grass. Such lovely grass. I then looked in the lake, at my reflection. The green and silver colours did seem to suit me, but I was a Gryffindor, definately not a Slytherin.

"Suits you." Malfoy said. I looked at him, and for the first time, into his eyes. They were grey, they seemed to look straight into your soul, but in a good way. I liked it.

I smiled. So did he.

I looked away and noticed that it was dark. We obviously had been there for longer than I thought.

"I think it's time to go back." I said.

"Yeah."

We both got up and walked back in a comfortable silence and went our sepearte ways.

When I was outside tha portrait I realised I hadn't given Malfoy his scarf back.

"Password?" The Fat Lady asked, not even bothering to notice my-er-Malfoy's scarf.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia." I said before walking in. Nobody was in the common room. I creeped up to my dorm and opened the door. Thank God, everyone was asleep.

I changed out of my robes and into my pyjamas. I stood there for a while, holding the scarf, thinking of somewhere I could hide it without the others noticing. I shoved it under my pillow then got into bed, feeling much better.

~~~~

I personally like this chapter, but I don't knw about you...

Please subscribe, comment and maybe recommend? that would be doing me a HUGE favour :)

More soon,

Libby xxx
♠ ♠ ♠
I HOPED YOU LIKED ITTTT!!!