Status: "Finally, she's done..." "I know, right? It's so boring, I'm glad it's over!"

Indecision and a Chance to Restart

10 Jousting for Emptiness

We left later that evening to look for Vic. We could have left around 7, right after we had eaten dinner, but Mike and Jaime wouldn't stop arguing all day, and I didn't want to go with only one of them into a big city and no leads. So, around 9 pm when they had finally stopped arguing for a while, we all piled into Jaime's car and started the drive into San Diego.
"Why didn't we take Mike's SUV again?" I asked after a long period of silence.
"Because Vic's got my car, Tone." Mike murmured into my ear. I groaned and leaned back in my seat. Jaime's car was so cramped in the back, but I couldn't sit in the front because our bags - that Mike insisted we take incase of emergency - were taking up the entire passenger seat. Jaime shrugged and continued driving, Mike and I looking out the window for either the Mexican boy or for his car. 
After atleast an hour of finding absolutely nothing, Mike started complaining about food.
"I'm hungry!" He whined and banged on Jaime's seat a little. 
"Dude, we'll get food in a minute. Okay?" Jaime said.
"I'm okay." I said, having eaten around 6 and still kinda full.
"I'm not hungry either." Jaime said and continued driving ahead on the road.
"Did I ask you, Himes?" Mike retorted with a smirk on his face.
"Fuentes, say one more thing and I'll leave you in the middle of the road." Jaime seethed back.
"Guys, stop arguing," I whined and tried not to look at either of them.
"It's not my fault your 'boyfriend' is a prick." Mike said, using air quotes around the word 'boyfriend'. 
"Can you guys stop? Please? For me?" I begged and hit Mike. Jaime shrugged and Mike turned away from me. He said something under his breath that I didn't catch, but Jaime obviously did because he slowed the car down and turned into a small diner.
"This good?" He turned around. 
"Perfect!" I said and dragged Mike out of the car before they could start arguing again. We walked in, Mike not wanting to wait for Jaime, and were greeted by a girl with blonde hair. 
"Hey guys, welcome to the South Street diner. Just the two of you?" She said with a smile. Mike nodded right away and she turned to lead us away, but I stopped her.
"Uh, no, there's three of us," I said and gave Mike a dirty look. He just shrugged and followed the girl to a booth in the back. 
The restaurant was almost empty except for an older couple, a few tables down. They gave us a dirty look as we walked past, noticing our tattooed bodies and long hair. I shrugged and smiled at them. I then sat down on the inside of the booth, and Mike sat next to me. I felt my face hear up and looked down at my feet.
"Hey, you okay?" Mike said and put his hand on my thigh. He moved his fingers back and forth, obviously trying to be soothing, but it just made me uncomfortable. I shrugged and moved my leg away from his hand.
Jaime ran up to the table with an angry expression on his face. He was saying something, but I hadn't been listening.
"...you leave without me, and then you're here and fucking- nevermind, whatever," I heard him say. He sat down across from me 
with an apologetic look on his face. I raised my eyebrow, wondering why he looked sorry. He didnt need to be sorry for anything, mostly because he hadnt done anything wrong. 
Our waitress appeared moments later.
"What do you guys want to drink, and let me know what you wanna order." She said in a bored fashion. I suddenly remembered we were in a restaurant, and picked up one of the menus on the table.
"Can I have a coke and a regular garden salad please?" I asked her as nice as I could. She scribbled something down on a pad of paper and looked at Mike and Jaime.
"Three bacon burgers, extra bacon on them all, and onion rings on the side, and oh, also I want a coke and two chili dogs." Mike said. I cringed mentally at all the food he was eating; being a vegetarian had pretty much turned me completely off of meat, and he had basically ordered the entire cow population. Not really, but it was still a lot. 
"I'll just have a regular cheeseburger, fries, and a Sprite." Jaime said and the lady wrote it down before walking away. Mike glared at Jaime, making him jump, and I could feel the tension building in the room. Jaime scooted closer to the end of the table, and leaned closer to me with a look of determination in his eyes. Mike turned his body toward mine in response, and moved closer, brushing his leg against mine slightly. Jaime looked really angry and I just wanted to shrink down, invisible to them both. I hated how they were arguing and fighting over me. I was already confused on the inside over which one I liked more; I didn't need them butting heads too.
Our waitress walked back over to the table, three drinks in hand and she distributed them. She noticed the looks on Mike and Jaime's faces and walked away as quickly as was possible..
"I'll be right back." I said and nudged Mike to let me out of the booth. He shook his head and blinked, probably just now realizing I was there, and stood up. I smiled and went into the bathroom, trying to get away from the two of them and get my thoughts in order. I went into the bathroom, went into a stall, and thought about why I liked the both of them and why it was so important I chose one of them. Like, why couldn't we all just be friends? But I didn't make the rules, so I couldn't say what happened. They wanted me to pick, and I was left to choose.
Jaime and I had been together for two years without a problem, until Mike showed up and everything happened with Vic and him. He was great. Even before we left high school, we were still really good friends. He was funny, spunky, always happy (aside from now), and the complete opposite of me. I was quiet, shy, and pretty much kept to myself. He kinda brought that out in me. It was a nice balance.
And then there was Mike.
Mike and Vic, I mean, basically they had saved my life with their band. And although I hadn't known them until recently, I had always loved their music and them as people. And when I did meet Mike, he was really forward, completely comfortable with everything, and I liked it. I didn't even know why. In that way, he was kinda like Jaime. Just, always talking, really forward with everything, all of that. But they were two completely different people. Mike was the tough guy, always looking for a fight, and never backing down when he was determined to get something he wanted. That's why he and Jaime hasn't stopped ARGUING since they had met. Mike saw what he wanted, and wouldn't stop until he got it. The problem with that was that it was me. And Mike was so... protective! He never stopped. It was cute, but it was frustrating. 
The sound of the bathroom door opening brought me back to the present. How long had I been gone from the table? What were Mike and Jaime doing out there, anyways?
"Tony?" I heard from a very familiar voice. Jaime had gotten up from the table and was looking for me.
"In here," I croaked out and unlocked the stall door. It swung open to reveal a disheveled Jaime; his hair was a mess and his shirt was messed up, and it almost looked torn. His eyes were red and he looked like he had been crying.
"Jaime, what happened?" I gasped and reached out towards him. His shirt was definitely torn on the sides, and as I looked closer, he had a bruise and a few scratches below his left eye. "Are you... Are you okay?" I asked him and brushed my fingers over the bruise. He winced in response.
"Y-yeah, I'm okay, Mike just-" 
"Wait, hold on, Mike did this to you?" I asked in horror.
"Well, I mean, it was my fault, I shouldn't have brought up-" 
"Jaime, stop, stop. Mike actually- where the hell is that bastard?!" I yelled and he jumped.
"I-I, uh. I think he's o-outside, Tone," Jaime said. I whipped the door open and walked out of the small restaurant. Mike was outside, smoking a ciggarette and leaning against the car.
"What the hell happened?" I yelled to him. He looked at me with innocent eyes and shrugged.
"I dunno, what do you mean?" He said, obviously trying to stay calm. I didn't want his bullshit.
"What the fuck did you do to Jaime?" I said and walked over to him.
"What do you mean? Is he okay?" He asked in mocked concern. I saw a smirk playing on his lips and I knew he was lying.
"Don't be an ass, Mike. Just tell me why you hit Jaime or whatever you did." I crossed my arms and glared at him. He seemed to understand that I wasn't fucking around today and shrugged.
"Well when someone calls the guy I care about a slut, I usually have something to say about it." He said and turned to get into the car.
"Wait wait wait, Mike, wait. What the hell? I wanna know what happened!" I shouted and he just stared at me.
"Well?" I said. I was really pissed of and he wasn't helping.
"Tony, I don't know what more you want."
"I want the full story. No bullshit. I wanna know why you're making this up and why you really hit him."
"You think I'm making this up?" He laughed. "Tone, I don't lie. I never have."
"Then explain." I retorted.
He paused for a second, thinking or something, and then started talking again.
"So when you walked away, he had this... This, 'look' or whatever on his face. And I scoffed or some shit, I don't even know. And then he said like, 'what, do you have a problem with me?' And I was like 'yeah, let the fucking kid decide' and he just bitched, like 'I don't know what he's gotta decide about, it's not like anything's happened between you two' and I was like 'oh really? Tony didn't tell you about when he came over and we had a little fun on our own? No?' And then he started bitching about me not worth shit to you or whatever and then I got pissy and that's why he's got a fucked up face. Not that it wasn't fucked up before, cause it was." 
Mike did what?! I started screaming my head off at him.
"What the fuck, dude? Do you not understand that I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do with the both of you? I'm not worth shit! I'm just a fucking person! Why does this have to be some fucking contest and I'm the million dollar mother fucking prize?! Can you both just cool it with the hormones and get back on the main reason we're here, which is finding your runaway brother? Is that too much to fucking ask?" I yelled at Mike. His expression had gone from anger, to understanding, to almost sad, and I felt bad for yelling at him, but it needed to be said. I had been thinking this all day and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. Mike reached toward me and stepped closer.
"Tone, I just-"
"No, stop, okay? I don't want your sympathy or whatever. Just find Vic and then I'll leave as soon as possible." I stalked back into the restaurant without a backward glance, but I was sure the look on Mike's face was hurt and anger.
I walked back to the table, our food untouched and our drinks barely emptied, noticing that Jaime wasn't there and was probably still in the bathroom, and ran over to the doors. Swinging the door open, I glanced in and saw that Jaime was at the sink, cleaning the cuts on his face.
"Jaime?" I croaked out, my throat sore from yelling at Mike. 
"Tone, what... What happened? You okay?" He said to me quietly.
"Honestly, I think the one we should be worried about is you." I said and walked over to help him clean up.
"Here, use my shirt." I said and went to take it off, but I was stopped.
"No it's, uh, it's okay." Jaime mumbled.
"Seriously Himes, here. I've got one on underneath this." I insisted and yanked the shirt over my head. 
Jaime put it on over his head and I continued to help clean his cuts. When everything seemed okay, I was surprised to find him wrapping his arms around me in a hug.
"Thank you, Tony." Jaime breathed into my neck, sending shivers down my spine and making goosebumps appear on my arms. My neck was such a sensitive area.
"N-no problem." I stuttered and mentally cringed. I had to keep it together when I was with either Jaime or Mike. I still wasn't sure who I wanted more.
However, the thing that happened next pretty much shoved me what I hoped was the right direction. Jaime lifted his face and leaned into me, slowly moving his lips against mine. I tried to kiss back, but something was missing; the spark.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM REALLY SORRY THAT THIS TOOK ME TWELVE YEARS TO DO BUT I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN AND I LOVE YOU ALL also you should read some of my one-shots because I spent a lot of time on them murr thank you g'bye nao