Status: "Finally, she's done..." "I know, right? It's so boring, I'm glad it's over!"

Indecision and a Chance to Restart

11 Figure it Out

I finally made it to Anaheim, hoping that I was safe from my brother, Jaime, and Tony. I hated running from my problems, but there was no way I was going to be able to face Jaime after what happened last night. I know he said no, and I knew he didn't want that. I just couldn't bring myself to stop.
"Turn left in 100 meters." My GPS snapped me of my thoughts and I turned left onto the familiar street. I didn't know if Austin would be home, but it was worth a shot.
I slowed down, looking at the signs for addresses. I couldn't remember Austin's exact house number but I knew what it looked like. Eventually, I pulled up to the white bungalow-styled home that housed my friend. I parked in the street and got out, making sure to lock the doors. I crossed the street and as I walked closer, I could feel my anxiety rising, ever-so-slightly. I hadn't spoken to him in months and last I heard, he had joined a hardcore-style band. Would he even be home? Was he asleep? Last I checked it was around midnight...
I didn't even realize I had knocked on the door until it swung open to reveal my old friend.
"Hey, Vic! What's up? How have you been, come inside!" He said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me in the door. The first thing I noticed was the warmth that seemed to surround every cell in your body; Austin's house was so comforting, so welcoming. There wasn't much to see in the room I was in, a couch, a nice TV, and his long-time boyfriend Alan monopolizing both of those things.
"Hey, Aus. I've been alright, uh... I do have a question though, I mean, some things have been going on back home, I was wondering if maybe I could chill here for a night or two? I mean if I'm not imposing or anything..." I trailed off. I always got nervous asking questions.
"Vic, you don't even have to ask, man! You can stay in the spare bedroom, it's upstairs and to the left." He pointed in the general direction. "Well come in, make yourself at home or whatever, Alan and I were just watching some TV." He smiled and led me to the couch.
"Hey Vic." Alan greeted me with a grin and returned his attention to the tv. I waved and looked at the screen. The Walking Dead was on, one of Mike's favorite TV shows. It reminded me that I was running away from my problems, but I really didn't care enough at this point to let it bother me.
Two hours and countless bags of popcorn later, I was half asleep and Austin and Alan had cuddled up with one another. I figured I should probably leave them alone, it wasn't my place to impose anyways, and headed upstairs to get some much-needed sleep.
~~~ Mike's POV
Tony's words hit me hard. I knew he would be mad but I didn't know his words could hurt me like that. I definitely cared about him and I wasn't going to easily back down, but he obviously cared about Jaime more than me. It wasn't worth waiting for them to help me find Vic if I was going to be left empty-handed at the end of this. I started walking, leaving the restaurant and fighting back tears. It would've been easier but Vic had my car and Jaime didn't give me his keys, so the best I could do was walk away. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I had to leave. If Tony didn't want me, then what was the point of sticking around?
~~~ Jaime's POV
Tony had left, probably to go talk to Mike or something. I didn't really care, all I wanted was that argument to never have happened. I heard the door to the bathroom swing open and I turned, seeing Tony with a sad look in his eyes.
"Jaime?" He said with a hoarse voice. He looked tired or upset over something.
"Tone, what... What happened?" I asked him. "You okay?"
"Honestly, I think the one we should be worried about is you." He told me with a small smile, trying to brush it of as nothing. He came over and tried to help me clean the cuts left on my face. "Here, use my shirt." He said and tried to lift it over his head. I put my hand on his arm to stop him. I was okay.
"No, it's uh, it's okay." I tried to deny his help, but I could already see his toned stomach and I wasn't complaining. Maybe he could let me borrow his shirt.
"Seriously, Himes, here. I've got one underneath this." He told me, using a nickname he gave me in high school. He took his shirt off and I snuck a glance at his stomach before I turned to the mirror and put it on, over my torn shirt. Tony took some paper towels and cleaned up a lot of the leftover blood on my face. We finished quickly and I tried to thank him by giving him a hug, around his waist. "Thank you, Tony." I whispered into his neck. He shivered a little under me and I smiled. I loved that I could do that to him.
"N-no problem," he said, still shaking a little. I couldn't help but think about how cute he was being, and I lifted my head to kiss him. I could feel him kissing back, but it wasn't like our kisses used to be. Something was different, and definitely off. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. He pulled away after a few seconds, not smiling or anything and I knew I wasn't smiling either. I leaned back on the counter, not knowing what to do and letting the room fill with an awkward silence.
"Uh... I'll be right back." Tony said after a while. I knew where he was going, to go find Mike and talk about what just happened, so I sighed and followed him out the bathroom door and the restaurant. I saw my car, but I couldn't find Mike anywhere.
"Mike!" Tony called, looking around kind of frantically. He looked towards me with shock and hurt in his eyes. I just shrugged and walked back inside to our table. Surely Mike would come back, right?
I picked at a few fries I had ordered earlier and took a drink of my Coke. I wasn't really hungry anymore, but I wasn't going to just sit here and do nothing. I ate some of the onion rings that Mike had ordered as well, and soon enough most of my food was gone, and some of Mike's as well. Tony came running in right after I finished.
"He's gone, Jaime." He said just as I put the last fry into my mouth.
"He's-" I coughed, choking on the fry. "He's what?! Where would he go?" I asked him as my eyes grew wide.
"I don't know, but we have to go find him, now." Tony grabbed my wrist and pulled me up from where I was sitting. We didn't even bother paying for our meal and jumped into the car, me in the drivers seat and Tony climbing fast into the back. I sped out of the parking lot, circling the block and finding nothing. We took turns calling Mike and looked out the windows whenever we could.
"Fuck, first we lose Vic and now we can't find Mike? Where the hell are they?!" Tony shrieked after I had been driving for about a half hour.
"I don't know, Tone, I really don't- oh my god, is that him on the right?" I said as I spotted a familiar tall figure with dark brown hair. I pulled over all the way to the right and parked the car in an empty lot. Tony ran out of the car at the man I knew for sure was Mike and talked to him. I was dying to know what about, but I couldn't ruin what was happening. If anyone could get Mike back with us, it would be Tony.
~~~ Mike's POV
I had been walking for about an hour, and I still didn't know where I was. I knew I was still in the city, but I had to be reaching the outskirts at this point. I reached in my pocket for my phone, noticing the now twelve missed calls from Tony and Jaime. I wasn't going to answer them, I really didn't wanna see them. I wanted to be alone and away from people right now, especially Tony. Pretty much everything with Vic and him was my fault, and I didn't need a savior or anything. I looked over my shoulder every so often, hoping they hadn't found me yet. I saw a familiar car slow way down and pull into an empty lot.
"No..." I groaned, knowing that Tony and Jaime were going to run over to me and beg me to come back. I stopped walking and sure enough Tony came running out of the car towards me.
"Mike!" He called over and stopped in front of me. He was our of breath and bent over, trying to calm down.
"Tone, what are you doing here?" I whined to him and turned around.
"Mike, no, listen... I'm sorry okay, but we, we're not gonna find Vic split up like this. I can't- I can't lose you, Mike."
"Tony, I don't- what?" I turned towards him. Had I heard him right?
He stepped towards me so that he was only a few inches away. I wanted so badly to pull him towards me and into a tight hug, but I stopped myself.
"I said, I can't lose you, Mike. I already... I already screwed things up with Jaime, don't let me screw things up with you." He lifted my head and looked me in the eyes, and I saw some sadness and determination in them. This time, I didn't stop myself from pulling him into a tight hug and I cuddled my head into his neck.
"Tone..." I breathed
"It's okay. Just come back." He said. We stayed like this for what felt like hours, and I stepped back. Tony grabbed my hand and we walked slowly to Jaime's car. We both climbed into the backseat without a word and Jaime drove off.
A few hours later, I wasn't sure what time it was and I was too lazy to check, we had driven to Anaheim and still no Vic.
"Hey! I have an idea!" I shouted and both Jaime and Tony jumped.
"Okay, uh. What is it?" Jaime said.
"So Vic knows this guy Austin who lives in Anaheim. I don't know his address but I know he lives on Arteria." I told Jaime after I remembered.
"Okay, well... Lets find the street, and then we'll look for your car, uh..." Jaime said and slowed the car way down.
"It's the other way, Himes." Tony said.
"Huh?" Jaime gave him a confused look.
"Turn around the car, dude." I told Jaime. He immediately made a U-turn and drove as fast as was possible. I checked the time, and I was surprised to find that it was almost two in the morning. I didn't feel tired, but I was sure Jaime was feeling something. He had been driving all night and we hadn't eaten much at the restaurant.
"Is this the street?" He asked excitedly after a few minutes.
"Yep!" I told him and he turned onto the road. "Hey, there's his car!" Tony yelled and Jaime pulled over.
"Mike, you wanna go up, or do you want us to go get him?" Tony turned to me and asked.
"Uh, I'll go up." I said and climbed out of the car. Here goes nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
IM RLY SORRY I WAS GONNA UPDATE SOONER BUT I WAS BUSY MY SCHOOL BAND WENT TO CHICAGO AND "there's no wifi here" BECAME HALF MY VOCABULARY AND AS WELL YESTERDAY I GOT MY WISDOM TEETH OUT SO I WAS ASLEEP LIKE THE REST OF THE DAY BUT HERE IS AN UPDATE AND THE NEXT ONE WILL BE WAY BETTER I PROOOOMMMIIIISSEEEEE OKAY ENJOY THE DIALOGUE AND SHITTYNESS AND I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE WONDERFUL YOU MIGHT ALSO GET SOME ACTION AND STUFF SO THANK YOU BYE NOW.