Status: "Finally, she's done..." "I know, right? It's so boring, I'm glad it's over!"

Indecision and a Chance to Restart

3 Dancing in the Dark

I couldn't believe my eyes. Mike and Vic Fuentes were in the same restaurant as Jaime and I. I had loved Before Today for forever, even though no one really knew who they were. But I was okay with that. And I'd never admit to Jaime, but I always thought Mike, the drummer, was super-cute. Jaime was talking to the greeter lady or whatever, but I couldn't hear them over my own thoughts about how awesome and scary it was to be in the same restaurant as my favorite band. And ohmygod the waitress was walking us over to their area of the restaurant and walking to the table RIGHT NEXT TO THEM and setting our table and sitting us down and ohmygod I love them I cannot handle this I am going to scream-
"Hey, babe, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I was snaped right out of my thoughts by two brown eyes that did NOT belong to my boyfriend. Instead, they belonged to one Mike Fuentes, the drummer I'd always thought was cute. He was turned towards me in his seat, with a concerned look on his face. I couldn't speak, although I didn't know that until after I tried.
"I, uh, I d-d-"
"Hey, hey, it's alright. Nothing to be scared of here. Except the waitresses. Yikes." He said, leaning in towards me at the last part and then holding his arms up in a mock surrender. I chuckled nervously, regaining some confidence as well as the ability to vocalize.
"No, yeah, I know, it's just... you're you. You're Mike and Vic Fuentes." I said, gesturing towards his brother, who was deep in conversation with Jaime. He was really animated, too. I figured I'd leave them alone.
Mike laughed, his eyes lighting up and he said with a smile,
"You... you know who we are?" He looked hopeful.
"Hell yeah I do. Before Today's one of my favorite bands." I stated simply, shrugging and passing it off as nothing.
"Dude, that's awesome. You know, we've never really met many fans, and especially not a cute one." He admitted with a sly grin on his face. I just smiled and the waitress showed up. She was blonde and had a nice smile.
"Hey, guys, I'm Kelly. I'll be your servers tonight... And actually, yours as well. Would you guys rather sit together at one big table?" She asked nonchalantly.
"I don't have a problem with it." Vic said, and Mike nodded wildly.
"Yeah guys, c'mon over!" He agreed excitedly and reached over, pulling the table to theirs. Jaime and I looked at eachother wide-eyed, shrugged, and scooted our chairs over.
"Alright guys, you want anything to drink, and what do you guys want for dinner?" she asked, and we all gave her our orders. Vic and Jaime got a burger or something, I wasn't really paying attention. I ordered my usual salad, and Mike got two steaks and shrimp skewers. We all ordered Cokes, which was weird, Jaime normally drank Dr. Pepper or something like that.
The waitress left and Jaime and Vic started their conversation back up. It was something about playing guitar. I knew Vic played, obviously, and Jaime and I had jammed a few times in the past. I looked over at Mike, who was humming some song and making little beats with his silverware on the table. Once in a while, he would pick up the ribbons off the napkins and throw them at Vic, landing them in his hair. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when one of the pink ribbons landed in Vic's nose ring, and he tried to shake it off by nodding and waving his head back-and-forth. Jaime broke into a fit of laughter and I let a few giggles past my lips. Jaime was so adorable when he laughed.
I calmed down a little faster than Jaime, and I felt a tapping on my left shoulder. I turned, seeing nothing there, and I looked around, but seeing no one remotely close to me.
"Gotcha," I heard, and flung my head around to see a smirking Mike. "So, earlier, I never got your name. Obviously, you know mine."
"Oh," I said, feeling relieved. My anxiety had spiked up for some reason. I took a deep breath and said, "Tony. Tony Perry."
"Tony. Tooonnyyy. Toe-knee," he hummed, running over his tongue for a second. "I like that name." And he looked up at the ceiling, seeming to be deep in thought. I didn't really notice until the end, when he turned his whole body towards Vic and started talking to him.
"Aye Vic. Who do we know that's named Tony? Besides this guy here." He pointed to me.
"And I- uh. What?" he said, interrupting himself mid-sentence.
"Who do we know named Tony?" He questioned. I could see a smile playing on his lips.
"Uh... Vic started slowly. "You know. My exes name was Tony." He glared slightly at Mike, who now had a full-blown grin on his lips.
"Oh yeah! I always liked him." Mike said, who, if I didn't know any better, seemed to be taunting Vic. What was I missing?
I soon found out when Vic nearly yelled at Mike, "Yeah, I noticed. You basically ripped him out my arms and into your own lap." He said with venom seeping into his voice.
"Aye, calm your tits," Mike said defensively. "It's not my fault he didn't want the sexican." He winked at Vic then, and I felt the tension in the room ease. Vic chuckled at Mike, dismissing the conversation with his hand and turning back to Jaime. Jaime had been watching the conversation with extreme interest. I wondered what was going through his mind. He turned to Vic after I called him back to earth with my hand on his. I smiled, he winked back, and he continued talking about who-knows-what with Vic.
"I'll be right back," I said to no one in particular, and Mike answered.
"Don't take too long. Third wheeling isn't cool." He said, winking at me.
I just shook my head and walked to the bathroom. I had to pee really badly and I'd been planning on holding off until after dinner, but Mike's steaks were taking too long to cook. I did my business and went to wash my hands. The door swung open to Jaime, who looked kinda pissed.
"What's wrong?" I was really confused. He'd been having a great time talking to Vic.
"Mike's flirting with you. I don't like it." He said and hugged me from behind.
"He's not flirting with me. We're just talking." I replied, turning to face him and wrapping my arms around his neck. "And besides, who said I was leaving you?" I smiled and kissed his nose. He seemed to get happier and tightened his hold around me.
"I loveeeeyouuuuuuu." He said against my lips. I kissed him gently.
"I love you most." I said. He let go of me and grabbed my hand. We walked to the table together, finding Vic and Mike doing completely opposite things. Vic was leaning back in his chair, eating his burger quietly and minding his own business. Mike was not. Instead, he would take a bite of his steak and then shove a shrimp in his mouth, followed by some rice. He was also taking little sips of Vic's drink, and Vic probably didn't care. I laughed softly at their obvious differences, wondering how the hell they were related.
"Oh hey, guys." Vic said to us. "Food's here." He mumbled before nibbling on his burger.
Jaime and I sat down at the same time, and he leaned in, taking my hand in his before digging in. I just stared at my salad before picking up a crouton and chewing on it. I was really hungry, but I didn't feel like destroying the table while I was at it, unlike Mike. He had made the table rock back and forth, and I grabbed some napkins and shoved them under the leg. He tried to thank me by handing me a huge piece of his steak, which I kindly refused.
"What's up, man, don't like steak?" He tried to talk with a mouthful of rice.
"No, i'm a vegetarian." I mumbled and stabbed my fork into a piece of lettuce.
"Oh." Was all he said.
~~~ Mike's POV.
I never understood vegetarians. How could someone go without the delicious taste of beef or chicken or bacon? Mmm, bacon. Oh well, I guess it was an acquired taste. I stabbed my steak, breaking off a huge chunk and shoving it into my mouth. I was starving and I wasn't going to change my manners around for just anyone.
I looked over to Tony, who was nibbling on a piece of lettuce quietly. Why did I find that so fucking sexy? Ugh. I wanted to be in his pants right then and there. God, he was fucking hot. That was NOT fair. But another thing that wasn't fair was that he was holding hands with Jaime. Like yeah, they're probably together or whatever, but no need to flaunt it in front of my face. Yada yada, not my place to say so, blah blah blah.
Turning my head from the two lovebirds over there to my brother, I stared at him. He was eating so... pristine. Vic was so proper. I didn't understand how we were brothers. We didn't look alike, I was taller but younger, and we were complete opposites. I kicked his shin under the table, and he jumped up and shrieked.
"Mike, what the fuck was that for?" He seethed. I could picture the steam coming out of his ears, but I couldn't see his face because I was doubled over in laughter.
"Vic, you okay?" Jaime looked over at Vic.
"Yeah, it's just my dickhead of a brother over there..." he muttered, trying not to let me hear. I listened anyways. I figured since the two of them were sufficiently distracted, it was my turn to talk to Tony.
"So, Tony. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a turtle?" I said, remembering when he was nibbling on his lettuce. He blushed bright red.
"Uh, yeah. That's kinda, my nickname." He mumbled and turned back to his plate. I could still see the red in his face, and he was obviously embarrassed. It was still fucking cute.
"Oh, really? I had no idea." I stuck my tongue out and turned back to my table. Vic and Jaime were arguing about Vic shin. I didn't really give a shit.
"So guys, you all wanna go out after this?" I asked, forming a plan in my head to get Tony by himself.
"Uh, well... Tony and I kinda wanted to go home..." Jaime started, but trailed off when he saw my face. I was excited about my plan.
"Are you sure, Jaime? We don't have to go back home. Let's go out with them; what's the harm?" Tony said quietly, looking at Jaime with a pleading look in his eyes.
"Well, yeah, I guess we could stay out with you guys. What time is it, anyways?"
"Uh, it's 7 o'clock." Vic said matter-of-factly like the prestigious boy he was.
"How'd it get so late?" Tony asked.
"Don't know, don't care." I said, waving at Kelly. "Can we get some boxes and the bills?"
"Yeah, I'll be right over!" She called and ran into the kitchen.
Kelly rushed back with like, seven boxes, and I grabbed them out of her hands, as well as the bill. I put my card in mine and Vic’s, and I saw Jaime shove his card into theirs. I gave one of the boxes to Vic, who had half a burger left, one to Jaime, who had some fries or something left. I hadn’t been paying attention. I put all but one next to me, and started to box up Tony’s salad for him.
“Hey, what? I can do it myself,” he said, grabbing at the box from my hands.
“No no no, it’s the least I can do.” I winked at him. He groaned in defeat, sat back and started sipping his Coke. I got his salad in a box and I drew a T, with a little heart next to it. Giving him the box, I turned to my own food, glancing over at Jaime on the way. He seemed a little pissed off, but I didn’t care. I grabbed my leftover steak and threw it in a box, along with the three or four shrimp I had left. I topped it off with some steak sauce and closed the box. I stacked mine and Vic’s and then I yanked Jaime’s out of his hands and stacked his and Tony’s on top.
“Dude, I-“
“No it’s fine, we’re all leaving together, so...” Vic said and I made a mental note to thank him later.
“Okay then, just... take my food...” Jaime said and leaned back in his chair, pursing his lips to the side.
“Babe, all you had left was some fries...” Tony said. I laughed and got a glare from Jaime.
“Okay, i’m ready if you guys are.” Vic said.
“I was born ready, bro.” I said as nonchalantly as I could manage. I stood up, then pretended to lose my balance. I landed in Tony’s lap and he laughed.
“Sorry Tone, lost my balance. Although, your lap is pretty comfortable,” I raised my eyebrows at him. He just giggled and helped me up.
I jumped up and said with all the enthusiasm in my body, “Alright, bitches. Let’s go have some fun.”
I wrapped my arm around Vic’s neck and pulled him out the door, stopping at the desk to get my card. I yanked him around the corner.
“Dude, what the fuck? I know what you’re trying to do.” He accused.
“What?” I said with the most innocent face I could manage.
“You know what. Don’t try to play dumb.” He said again in an accusing tone.
“Alright, fine, I WON’T try to get in Tony’s pants. Alright? Okay.” I groaned at him and he meant to say something, but he was interrupted by a familiar couple; Jaime and Tony walked out the door, hand in hand, ready to roll.
“Okay, where are we going?” Tony asked me. I honestly didn’t know, but I had an idea.
“Uh, well, it’s a surprise.” I winked.
“Is today ‘National Surprise Tony’ day or something?” He asked Jaime. He just laughed and kissed him on the cheek. It made my cheeks flare up. I turned to Vic, who had a glare on his face that could make flowers shrivel up and die. I rolled my eyes, punching him a little in the arm. He bit his lip and tickled my side, making me fall to the ground and making Tony trip over me. Jaime laughed and I looked up at him, wondering why the hell this was so funny. Tony leaned over and tried to help me up, and Jaime looked over at Vic and burst into laughter again, this time, Vic doubling over.
“Why are you such an ass, Fuentes?” I looked over to my brother and shouted at him.
“How come you’re such an easy target?” He retorted, not bothering to hide his amusement at my show of vulnerability. Tony smiled a little at Vic’s comment, but I ignored it. We all started walking again, slow at first, but got faster as time went on. Jaime walked faster and ended up next to me, and he mumbled something in my ear that too low for Vic and Tony to hear.
“Are you actually taking us somewhere, or are you leading me to the ocean to drown me?” He said, only half-joking.
I just chuckled. “Oh, Jaime. I’m not stupid. They’d find your body and put me in jail.” I joked back. He rolled his eyes and slowed his step to match with Tony, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers.
Eventually we showed up at my favorite club in downtown Anaheim, the Boom Boom Room. Stupid name, but everyone there was always hoppin’ and down for a little fun. Vic had shown me this place, and he knew it as well as I did. So, instead of letting Jaime and Tony wander around without a guide, I stepped in.
“So, since you guys don’t know this place and Vic and I do, I suggest we partner up. Tony?” I said, looking at Tony when I said his name. He just shrugged and looked at Jaime. Vic grabbed Jaime’s arm, yanking him away before he could object. I pulled Tony closer by his neck and said to him, “You’re gonna have a blast. I promise. But, hit the bar first. Sober dancing is the worst.”
He looked up at me with his big brown eyes. “Uh, okay.” Was all he said, and I led him to the bar. I got four beers, two each, and handed his share over. He went to pay for them, but I pushed his hand away. “I got it.” He put his money back in his pocket and took a swig of his drink.. Soon enough we had both downed our drinks and were at the bar getting some more. After six each, I tugged him to the floor where everyone was dancing and I tried to get him to dance with me, but he wasn’t having any of that.
“Mike, where’s Jaime and Vic?” He asked out of the blue. God, why did he worry so much? They were both fine.
“They’re probably out here. If you wanna find ‘em that’s up to you.” I said. He grabbed my wrist and tried to walk around the floor to look for them. I couldn’t see them, but he obviously saw something becaus he bolted in one direction, all the way to the back of the floor. There they were, sitting and talking. Is that all they did? Ever?
“Hey, baby!” Tony shouted at Jaime, running at him and giving him a huge hug. I almost threw up. Ugh. How could two people be so cuddly and loving at a place like this?
After 20 minutes of doing nothing but watching them cuddle, I couldn’t take it anymore. I checked the clock on my phone; 10 o’clock. Damn, and it was just starting to get good. Oh well, I couldn’t take this shit anymore.
“Hey, guys, we should probably get going. I got work tomorrow.” I used as my excuse. I didn’t work, but who the fuck cared?
“Okay then, that’s fine with me.” Jaime said and jumped up, grabbing Tony’s hand and waiting for me and Vic to lead them out. We eventually got through the sea of bodies on the floor and made it out the door with less than a scratch. It was dark out but I didn’t give a fuck.
“Do you guys know your way back to the restaurant? I think you left your car there.” Vic said, and I figured that if they didn’t, i’d at least get some more time with Tony. And maybe this time, Vic could lead the way so I could stare at Tony’s ass.
“Uh, no, I don’t remember...” Tony trailed off.
“Say no more, babe. Vic, lead the way.” I practically shouted. Vic raised an eyebrow, but turned around and walked in the direction of the restaurant.
The walk was uneventful; I didn’t have Vic taunting me and Jaime and Tony were being lovey-dovey shits in front of me, so I minded my own business and played games on my phone. We got to the restaurant parking lot, and Jaime bolted to his truck.
“Thanks for taking us out and everything.” I heard, and I turned around realizing it was Tony. He had a smile playing on his lips.
“Not a problem. Hey, can I get your number? Incase you ever wanna hang again.” I winked, and he nodded. “Sure,” he said, and took a pen out of his pocket. He wrote on my arm his number, and at the end, a dash and a T. He drew a little thing next to it.
“What’s that?” I said, pointing to it.
“Same thing as your put on my box in the restaurant.” He said with a smile. He then waved and walked over to Jaime’s truck, where Vic was probably saying goodbye and TALKING again. Vic came back to me and we walked home in silence. All I thought about, honestly, was fucking the shit out of Tony. And when I got home, the first thing I did was take a shower and jack off.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY LOOK THEY MET THE STORY CAN MOVE FORWARD NOW
"damn son, 3,000+ words." - my friend Kat, when she read it.
Okay so, uh, yeah, I really like writing Mike's POV. c: