Status: "Finally, she's done..." "I know, right? It's so boring, I'm glad it's over!"

Indecision and a Chance to Restart

8 Story Time

“By the way, Jaime’s on his way over here, so if you want to keep quiet about your little rendevous, I suggest you stop snuggling eachother and start helping me out.” I said to Mike, who had been kissing Tony’s neck and snuggling into him. Tony sighed and slid off of Mike onto the couch. He laid back and let his legs fall over Mike, getting comfortable in this new position. I flung my arms up in the air and grumbled, “you’re hopeless,” under my breath before running into my room to grab my acoustic guitar. I walked back into the living room to find Tony, but Mike had gone missing.
“Mike?” I asked Tony and he pointed towards the kitchen. Mike appeared in the doorway not two seconds later with a tray of mugs in his hands.
“What’s the tray for?” I asked him.
“Tony asked for some tea when you ran into your room, and I know you like hot cocoa, and Tony says Jaime likes coffee, so I made drinks for everyone.” He replied and put the tray on the floor. He shrugged and sat down with a blank expression on his face.
Tony jumped down off the couch with a deck of cards and started dealing out three hands.
“Why three?” I asked him. He looked at me almost like he was bored.
“You’re not gonna play?” He said dully.
“That depends. Whatcha got?” I retorted and sat down across from Mike.
“Go fish!” Mike shouted. Tony laughed and I couldn’t help but join in.
The knocking coming from the front of our house interrupted our little moment, and I jumped up to go answer the door for Jaime. I swung it open and found him looking dishevelled, like he had just woken up. He stepped in and shook his hair out, which I noticed was wet.
“Jaime, you okay?” I heard Tony behind me.
“Yeah, I’m alright.” He called towards the living room.
“Well, you’re just in time. We just started playing ‘Go Fish’. You’re welcome to join us.” Mike said with no emotion in his voice. I finally looked over at the two of them and Jaime went to go sit down across from Tony. I scanned their faces; Mike’s face looked apologetic, Tony seemed unsure and worrisome, and Jaime’s body language gave away that he was nervous. He seemed ready to get down on his knees and beg, probably for Tony to come back to him or something. I caught him stealing glances when Tony wasn’t looking, and his eyes would say it all. He wanted Tony back home, with him.
“So, Vic?” Mike prompted after the silence grew awkward. “You gonna join, or?”
“Hmm? Oh, uh, yeah. I’ll be right back...” I said and ran into the kitchen. As soon as I was in there, I tried to make it seem like I was getting snacks or something. I grabbed a bag of chips from above the fridge and poured them into a huge bowl. I tried to listen to what the other three were talking about in the living room, but all I heard were slight murmurs and then long periods of silence.
My curiosity overcame me and I stood in the doorway. I wasn’t completely hidden, but the boys couldn’t see me unless they came into the kitchen. I listened in and tried to hear as best as I could.
“...orked on a song together?” That was unmistsakably Tony.
“It’s been months, Vic hasn’t... work on... since the breakup.” Mike had said that. Please, don’t tell them about the breakup! I thought to myself.
“Breakup?!” Jaime said pretty loudly. I heard frantic shushing and Mike said something that I didn’t catch.
“Dude, obviously Vic... talk about it.” I heard Tony say.
“... just that i’m curious.” Jaime grumbled.
“I’ll tell you later. Vic will be back soon.” Mike said.
“I’m holding you to that.” Jaime and Tony said in sync. I held back a laugh and grabbed the bowl of chips and walked into the living room. I tried my best to smile and sat down across from Mike.
“Hey there, Vicky.” Mike said and smirked at me.
“What do you want, Mike?” I sighed and waited for whatever was coming.
“Will you go to the store and get me some soda? I’m parched.” He said with innocent eyes.
“You just made hot cocoa for yourself, dude.” I pointed to the tray and he scowled.
“I already finished that. I want pop.” He grumbled.
“Why don’t you go get it yourself?” I asked him. I knew he was planning on telling them about Kellin, but it wasn’t his business. It was mine.
“Because i’m not dressed and you are.” He said simply.
I looked him over; he really wasn’t. He still had on pajamas and he didn’t even have a shirt on. I then checked myself over; I was wearing a full outfit. Jeans, Vans, a Drop Dead tank, and even a beanie.
“Fine, i’ll go... What do you want specifically?” I grumbled.
“Surprise me.” He winked and I rolled my eyes.
“‘kay. Bye guys. I’ll be back soon.” I glared at Mike and walked out the door to my car.
~~~ Mike's POV
Vic had finally left and Jaime and Tony were both looking at me like I was king of the world or something. I knew I was gonna have to tell them about the Kellin thing, and I knew Vic would hate me but I couldn’t care less. They had a right to know.
“Okay, so, now that Vic’s out of my hair, I can tell you guys. So like, a year ago Vic and this guy Kellin were dating and they were really great, like they were the ‘perfectest couple ever’ or whatever.” I put air quotes around that and smiled to myself. They were ridiculous. They told eachother everything and ‘communicated’ or whatever. “And so, like, one day, Kellin comes up to Vic and he was pissed at this girl Katelynn or whatever. They were dating and she had a thing for him since high school, but he was gay, obviously, so they never dated. And one day she comes up to him and just like, starts mackin’ on him. Like she was all over him. And he didn’t want a part of that, so y’know, he got rid of her and came to this house, to Vic. Following so far?” The other two looked really confused but they nodded away. “Okay. So yeah, he comes in here and comes into this room and throws himself down on the couch and Vic walks out cause he heard the door slam. And so he’s freakin’ out, like, ‘What happened, Kellin, where have you been?’ and the usual Vic questions. And Kellin’s not answering, not looking at him, not doing anything. So I walk in here and I try to get Vic to shut up, but he’s not listening, he just needs his answers, you know how he is. So eventually Kellin gets up and shouts right in his face, ‘Shut the fuck up, I don’t need you!’ And walks out of our house. Meanwhile Vic’s fucking shocked and crying and bawling his eyes out and I’m trying to help him out. So, I get him calmed down and he suddenly gets this idea that he’s gonna go get Kellin and talk to him. I’m like, ‘hell no, you saw how he was!’ but he doesn’t listen to me and leaves without another word. So i’m left alone at home worrying about Vic and Kellin and what’s gonna happen and everything.
“So hours later Vic comes home and it’s like 2 in the morning at this point, and I’m sitting on the couch waiting for Vic to explain. And so he opens the door with his hood up and this geeky little smile on his face and I just know that they fucked, but I don’t get to confront him or anything because he just runs to his room. But you guys know me, obviously that’s not gonna stop me. So I bust into his room and he’s just laying there with like, an empty face and staring off into space. So I go up to him and try to get him to talk. No response. So i’m like whatever, if he wants to talk he will, I guess, and I go into my room and go to bed.
“The next day Kellin’s in my house sitting on the living room couch asleep with the TV on, and he looks like death, like he looks like total crap. I wake him up cause I still don’t know what’s up, and he tells me what happened with Katelynn. I’m like alright, no big deal, so I don’t worry about it.
“The day after that, Vic comes home at like noon with a black eye and bruises on his arms, and I wanna know what happened, but at the same time I don’t. He comes up to me and tells me anyways. ‘Mike, I need to tell you something,’ he says, and I just say, ‘Okay, shoot.’ and he tells me that Kellin got angry and he hit him like, several times and didn’t stop. And he’s crying and I’m holding him and trying to calm him down and it’s not working. So I get angry and I take his phone and text Kellin, pretending to be Vic and say I wanna meet up. He agrees and shows up at this park down the street.I showed up and he freaks out and starts getting mad and I was egging him on, cause I was sure he was gonna hit me. And he did after a bit, and then I beat the living daylights out of him."
"Wait hold on. How long is this story?" Tony interrupted.
Gimme like, 3 more minutes. Plus Vic'll be home soon. So anyways, like, I came home and Vic was freaking out about his missing phone and he's looking everywhere, meanwhile it's in my pocket. I give it to him and he starts yelling at me, we get into this big argument, blah blah blah. I get him calmed down and eventually he's okay, but he's cuddling into me and being all clingy and everything. And like I was okay with it at first, like, he wanted comfort or whatever, but he was being weird about it. So like, around 10 pm there's a knock at the door and Kellin basically breaks down our door trying to get into our house, doesn't even wait for me to open it for him. And he runs in and sees Vic cuddling into me and he gets the wrong idea and thinks that Vic is leaving him for me. Me? Seriously? Vic's too short for my liking anyways." I stopped to laugh for a second, and then I continued with the story.
"Anyways so he starts yelling at me and trying to hit me, and Vic is like, getting really defensive and everything, you know how he is. And so he jumps up and attacks Kellin, throwing punches left and right, just punch after punch after punch. Eventually Kellin moans out and he's screaming bloody murder and trying to shove Vic off of him. But Kellin's a small guy, he can't do shit. But Vic jumps off of him and runs to me, hiding behind me and hugging me at the waist. Kellin stands up and I can't remember what he said but it pissed me off and I threw him, literally, out of the house.
"Next day he comes back and he's just on our porch, standing calmly, and Vic's like 'Mike don't do anything' and of course I can't promise anything. I get out there and he's throwing out apologies at me, at Vic, at himself, everything. Meanwhile I'm standing there in my boxers freezing my ass off and waiting for him to come inside, but he keeps refusing. And then he says something I can't hear, and I just say, 'what?' and then he repeats it a little louder. 'I always knew you were the one for me.' And I'm in shock, I can't speak. Like, they've been together for what, nine months, and Kellin says I'm the one for him? He's insane. And then he ran up to me and like, I don't know if he was kissing me or trying to lick inside my mouth - ew - but yeah. And Vic walks out and sees this and HE gets the wrong idea and breaks up with Kellin, he's just going crazy and freaking out and yelling and in the midst of all that he says they're done. And then Kellin runs away screaming or whatever and I’m sitting there trying to explain what happened and Vic's not having any of it. He shuts me out and runs into his room. So I'm left dumbfounded and Vic won't even let me tell him what really happened. And that's pretty much it. He hasn't written a song since then and he won't talk to me about anything serious. Even though this happened forever ago. Obviously he's forgiven me but whatever, all I really care about is that Kellin's not in his life anymore. That kid…" He trailed off and I could see the resentment in his eyes.
"Kellin still lives here, though?" Tony asked.
"Nope. Started a band, supposedly 'changed' and dating some girl named Katelynn, and yeah. He's gone." I grinned evilly and Jaime grinned back at me. "Yeah so, that's pretty much how everything worked out. I hope the story was fantastic or whatever. I'm going to the kitchen."
~~~ Jaime's POV
Vic walked in 10 minutes later with 6 bottles of pop.
"Guys, a little help? I got a ton because I know everyone likes pop…" He said. Tony started to get up but I waved him down.
"It's okay, I'll get this." I smiled and I saw him blush a little. Yes! I thought to myself. I jumped up and walked outside to get the pop Vic had just bought. I grabbed 4 bottles and heard someone walk behind me. I flung myself around and smashed into Vic, sending pop bottles flying around the yard. Vic seemed surprised but he grabbed me by the hips and tried to steady me.
"Hey, you okay?" He smiled and bit his lip.
"Uh… Yeah I'm great actually." I said and tried to back away, but he pulled me closer.
"You know… you're pretty hot when you're flustered." He said and leaned up to kiss me.
"Vic, Vic, stop… Please stop." I said and tried to run inside, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.
"N-no Vic, really, I'm… I'm not okay with this." I said and pushed him away. He didn't look hurt, just shocked.
"Jaime, what is it that I don't have?" He asked me after a period of silence.
"Vic I don't… I don't know, I just… All I know is I love Tony. Okay? Okay." I turned to walk in the house, but I bumped into someone; looking right at me were two pairs of eyes; One belonged to Tony and one belonged to Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a shitty chapter okay I promise the next one will be great. I have had this one planned for like ever so alright. I love you allllllllllll