Status: "Finally, she's done..." "I know, right? It's so boring, I'm glad it's over!"

Indecision and a Chance to Restart

9 Background Noises

"Vic, what the hell is going on?" I shrieked and Mike grabbed me around the waist. It was comforting but it wasn't what I really needed.
"Oh, uh, yeah... I kinda... I may have accidentally put some Viagara in his drink..." Mike said softly into my ear.
"Mike, that... that doesn't even make sense." I said and looked up to him. He had a worried look on his face and he seemed as uncomfortable as I was.
"I... I don't know what to say." Vic finally mumbled. "I'm not sorry." And he just walked away, into his house and didn't come back out.
I knew I was speechless, but Jaime wasn't.
"God damnit, I don't understand him. No means no, doesn't it? God, I just... what does he even want with me? Obviously I don't want him, so why does he keep coming back even when I tell him not to?" He kept saying things, but I wasn't listening. I was focused on what Mike was doing. He had pulled me tighter into him, and I wasn't protesting because hell, it was cold outside. But he had started moving his hand in little circles, up and down my thigh, and I wasn't objecting to it. Sure, I still loved Jaime, but he obviously didn't want me. His actions had said that the other day when I left. And here was Mike, right by my side, willing to comfort me and letting me have a little fun, like last night. What was the harm in that? I couldn't see any, and I was sure Mike didn't see anything wrong with that. I laid my head on his shoulder, leaning into him and closing my eyes.
"Tone, you tired?" He mumbled into my hair and kissed the top of my head.
"Mmm." I said. I felt myself being lifted up, but I couldn't open my eyes to see who it was. The soft rocking motion of the person walking lulled me into a deeper state of unconsciousness, until all I could feel was a euphoric, almost dreamlike state surrounding me. The last thing I remember was being set down on my back and the feeling of soft, warm lips on mine and strong but secure arms wrapping around me.
I woke up to something pushing down on me, and I couldn’t lift my right arm up; was that a person on it? I opened my eyes, using my left hand to rub my eyes and looked over. Jaime was cuddled up to me, fast asleep even though it was broad daylight out. I looked around the room; was this Mike’s room? It looked familiar.
I turned my head to glance at the alarm clock; it read 12:41. I’d been asleep all morning, and I don’t even remember what time I went to bed last night.
“Uggghhhh,” I groaned and tried to get Jaime off of my arm. It didn’t work. What was Jaime doing here anyways? Wouldn’t he have gone home? I figured I’d ask him when he woke up, or rather, if he woke up.
I laid there on the bed for about another half hour, thinking to myself about nothing in particular. Finally I shoved Jaime's arm off of me and at up. I was all of a sudden restless and hungry and laying in bed with a very heavy Jaime was not helping those problems. So I got up and ran into the living room,, finding Vic and Mike on the couch. They were both in pajamas and the TV was on the news channel. Neither of them were paying attention. I saw Mike leaning on Vic's shoulder and Vic had both his arms around him. Mike looked almost like he had been crying, but he didn't face me for long, so I couldn't be sure. Vic had next to him something, and looking closer I saw it was a suitcase.
"Jaime up yet?" Vic asked me nervously. I shook my head.
"Nope, he's out cold. I'm hungry though." I replied, acknowledging the growling noise in my stomach.
"Okay then. Mike can you..." Vic said quietly, but Mike's head flew up and was shaking frantically back and forth.
"Nonononononono," He mumbled fast and quiet.
"Mike?" Vic said and leaned in to whisper something in his ear. Mike instantly calmed down and almost smiled.
"Okay. C'mon Tone- agh." Mike turned to face me. He grabbed my wrist gingerly and dragged me back to the kitchen. Once back there he let go of my hand and walked over to some cupboards on the wall. I walked to the back of the kitchen, leaned against the sink and just watched Mike. He seemed tired, worn out, almost like he really didn't want to be doing anything except laying in his bed. But actually, he probably didn't even sleep in his bed, if Jaime and I had been in it. In fact, I didn't even remember how anybody got inside. The last thing I remember clearly was Mike asking me if I was tired, and I couldn't speak. I leaned against... something, and then I woke up in Mike's bed with Jaime. I figured I should probably ask one of them sooner or later, before it was too late.
"Hey, uh, Mike?" I said and he just grunted.
"Mike, can you talk to me for a second?" I said, more desperately than I was intending, but it got his attention. He turned to face me with a blank expression on his face.
"Mike, what uh... what happened last night? I mean, I don't remember anything after... Vic and Jaime, uh..." I couldn't form words for some reason, and it was getting kinda difficult to talk. Mike however, kept the blank expression on his face. I said Jaime's name and he flinched a little, but other than that it seemed as if he wasn't listening to me at all.
"Well," He finally said after a very awkward silence. "Uh, you see... uh... Do you remember the whole Vic-kissing-Jaime situation?" He murmured uncomfortably. I must have cringed or something because his eyes shot open. "S-Sorry, uh... I just, it depends on what you remember..." He looked down at his feet. I took a couple steps closer to him until I was inches from him.
"Mike, I just... I wanna know what happened, I wanna know why you look like you've been in tears for the entire night, I wanna know why Vic's got a suitcase sitting next to him and I wanna know why Jaime was in the same bed as me." I said as sternly as I could.
"Tone... come with me." He said and I couldn't object; he had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his bedroom. He shut the door and locked it behind him softly. I turned, noticing that Jaime was still fast asleep and the clock read 1:28 pm. I looked Mike in the eyes and noticed desperation in them.
"Mike, i'm not... I'm not here for that. You know that, right?" I said quietly. I didn't want Jaime to wake up and get the wrong idea.
"I know. I need Jaime to be awake before I kill him." He said seriously.
"Wait wait wait. Say that again?" I shook my head. He didn't really mean that, did he? Mike said something I couldn't hear and jolted over to Jaime, who had moved and was now on his stomach. Mike hopped on the bed and started jumping.
"Ghh, unf, agh, wha? Mike, what the fuck?!" Jaime screamed and jumped off the bed, stumbling and falling on the floor in the process. Mike laughed and fell down as well. I was confused still, and I went over to Jaime and he turned to look at me with a sad expression. Why was everybody giving me this look? I was aggravated. I felt like a big pity party and I didn't want that. I shot up and leaned against the bedroom door. I couldn't help but shout my next words.
"Mike, you're explaining, now. I wanna know why everyone gives me this look, I wanna know why we're in your room and not you, I wanna know why you look like you've been in tears all day, and I wanna know about Vic and that stupid suitcase." Just as I finished I heard the front door slam. I figured Vic had left and Mike confirmed that.
"Finally, he's gone... I can talk to you guys in peace." He said and glared at Jaime.
"What the hell did I do?!" Jaime freaked out.
"Nothing. That's the thing." Mike chuckled and got up from the bed where he had fallen. He walked over to me, grabbed my hand and sat next to me on the bed. Jaime instantly jumped up and sat on my other side. I groaned and threw myself on the ground.
"Enough of this. Explain. NOW." I glared at Mike.
"Okay, fine. Whatever. So yeah, last night..." He got a soft expression and looked at his feet.
"Here, why don't I start?" Jaime said softly and put his hand on Mike's shoulder. Mike jumped, but didn't refuse.
"O-Okay." Was all he said.
"So, last night after the whole Vic thing, uh, you started to fall asleep on Mike's shoulder, and uh... Well, I got kinda jealous, so I just scooped you up and laid you in Mike's bed with me. Well Mike kinda flared up and stormed into the room, but you were dead out and weren't waking up anytime soon, you know how you can get. Like remember the fire scare a year ago? Yeah, kinda like that." I laughed at the memory; Jaime had tried to make me waffles and almost burned our old house down. "Yeah, so... He like yanked me up from you and started yelling at me-"
"And man i'm really sorry about that. Let me finish okay?" Mike said suddenly. Jaime just nodded.
"Okay so I walk in on this and I- Tony you know I like you and everything, so I just got jealous and everything and my anger got the best of me, so I yelled at Jaime, and like we fought and everything, so Vic eventually came out of his room and shouted at us both, and scared the shit out of me, I dunno about you but I was really freaked out. And so he left and Jaime and I are lookin' at eachother like 'what the fuck just happened' and stuff. So he's like 'okay well i'm going back to bed downstairs' and I figured hey, whatever, let's have a drink. So two bottles of whiskey down and we're wasted, it's like 3 in the morning, Vic's still in his room sulking or whatever he usually does, and I'm looking for something to do. So we end up going upstairs to Vic's room and trying to stay shut up, but we're drunk off our asses and we're loud as shit. Vic bursts out of his room and starts yelling again, so I pull him into his room and- okay, Jaime heard all this last night, but you didn't, and I don't want you to freak out. Okay? All good?" I nodded, not entirely sure I wanted to hear what he was going to say, but I figured it was crucial to however this story was going to end. "Yeah okay so a couple years ago Vic was a sex addict. And he looked everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE for sex. He even came to, yours truly, on more than one occasion."
"Wait, Vic came to you for sex?" I blurted out rather rudely. I regret saying that, but I couldn't wrap my head around it.
"Yeah, it was a weird situation... he went to counselling, he's chill now. But anyways, so I brought up that addiction thing and I said I was gonna tell the whole world about you know, about my brother wanting to fuck me and everything. Awkward, if I do say so myself. And that's when he punched me and he packed his bags right there, saying he didn't need me and he was gonna leave. And I'm like 'yeah okay, lemme know when you get past the front porch' and I left the room. Now Jaime's in complete shock over what he just heard and he didn't even get this lecture or whatever, so he's like freaking out and thinking i'm insane or whatever, I don't really know what was going through your head,"
"Something similar to that, I mean, I don't exactly remember," Jaime said.
"Yeah, see, like I said. And he's like, pacing around and running in and out of my room and everything and I don't even know exactly, cause we're still wasted, he- you were more stumbling yeah?"
"Yeah, I wanted to leave cause it was really awkward, and I didn't know if you had like, returned the feelings or whatever? And I felt really awkward with Tony here and all, but I didn't know if I should take him with me or leave by myself or whatever, cause I knew Vic would come looking for me or something. And if he was still this addict I really didn't wanna be alone. But I couldn't stay here."
"So I go downstairs and I put some NyQuil in some blue Gatorade and make Vic drink it. So he does and he's out, like, out cold with this cold medicine. And he wakes up around 7 and gets me up and he starts yelling at me, that's why my eyes look like shit, cause his words were killer. I dunno why I didn't punch him. But he's like, 'yeah i'm leaving, this is too insane for me' or whatever and so apparently he left and I didn't want him to, but I guess I did, I don't know what goes on through that kids mind." Mike finally finished his story and seemed pleased with himself. Jaime looked a little starstruck, but he seemed stable. I, on the other hand, was reeling from the fact that this story didn't actually explain why Vic left.
"Are you sure that's why Vic left?" I asked before I could stop myself.
"Yeah, I can't see any other possibility, man," Mike said.
"I dunno. I mean, it made sense at the time." Jaime said.
"Okay, but I don't understand it now. I mean, you don't just decide, 'hey, i'm gonna get up and leave, bye!' and then go without an explanation." I said. I was really confused.
"Hmm. Well, I guess we'll have to find out then." Jaime said and Mike nodded.
I could tell today was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't really what I wanted with this chapter, but I figured i'd do this and the next chapter you will be rewarded (maybe with smut maybe not i'm not saying anything but you might want to have some holy water nearby to cleanse your souls ok) [my smuts not even that bad]
SORRY THIS TOOK ME FOREVER MY MOM STARTED HER UNIVERSITY CLASSES AGAIN SO SHE KINDA RECLAIMED HER LAPTOP.
I love you all