Sequel: Zoned: Waking Up
Status: This is another account I made. My other one said I was 31 and that bothered me for some reason...

Zoned

On Our Way

~2013, finally. At like 8pm. Everyone is at the recording studio (it's their only hang out place)~

I sat in The New Cage, on the couch, next to Dylan. I was closest to the door. A-Rad and Richi were leaning their backs up against our legs as they sat on the floor. George sat in the orange chair in front of us and Danny and Matt sat on the bar that was behind the chair. Jorel was sitting on the floor next to George. No One Gets Left Behind by Fiver Finger Death Punch was playing and we were all talking about the new house.

"So Richi and I will sleep in the same room? Is that how that'll work?" A-Rad said. She started playing my toes that were warm from my socks. I found that cute.

"Yeah, and we'll all get our own room. The rooms aren't bad. I looked at the scale model that the construction manager had. It looks pretty good." Jorel explained.

"How big is the kitchen and all that?" Richi asked.

"The kitchen isn't huge, but it's roomy. 3 people, at most, can be in it without it getting crowded. It's connected to the dining room which is connected to the living room. It's nice, don't worry." Jorel said back.

"When will it be ready?" I asked.

"Pretty soon. Maybe two months. Their still building it, obviously." Jorel took a drink of his beer.

"Well no shit." I replied.

"The house, itself, isn't as big as you'd think. It's all one story." Danny added. He was directing it towards the girls.

"Is anyone else bored? I kinda wanna go somewhere." Richi blurted.

"Yeah, let's go somewhere! I'm bored as hell. We've talked about the house enough." George said.

"You girls wanna go to Circles?" Dylan nudged Richi with his legs and smiled.

"Ah, dude, we should totally go to Circles! We haven't been there in forever!" I said.

"Circles? That strip club you guys told us about?" Richi asked.

"Yeah, we talked about it the night of the contest or whatever." Danny hopped down off the bar.

"How about that dance club that's down the street from there? It might be more comfortable for you girls." Jorel mentioned.

Richi and A-Rad looked at each other. I could tell they were talking mentally.
"Why not both? Let's go." A said as she stood up. She then helped Richi stand. "When should we go?"

"20 minutes? I have to change." Richi said as she pointed at her sweat pants and tank top.

"Yeah, we'll drop you off at your place and then we'll go." Jorel said as we all started walking towards the door.

Jorel, Danny, and George were in the front of everyone and Dylan, Richi, and Matt were behind them. A-Rad and I stood behind all of them as we all walked to George's car. A-Rad was short compared to me. She looked so pretty. I thought to myself, I wonder if she likes me? Just as I thought that, she looked at me and smiled. Did I say that out loud, I thought. "What...?" I said nervously.

"Richi and Dylan." She whispered and pointed at them. They were giggling to each other and Dylan had his arm around her. I looked at them and smiled.

"Yeah, they need to talk about that."

"They're so cute."

We all got in George's car, and he got in the driver's seat. Dylan got in the very back with Richi and Danny. Danny sat where Aron sat on the night we met the girls. I let A-Rad go before me and she sat in the seat behind George. Jorel got in the passenger seat and I sat next to A while Matt sat behind Jorel.

"Okay, so to y'all's apartments?" George asked.

"Did you just say 'y'all'?" I asked.

"Goddammit. They got me saying it. Aren't you guys from Oklahoma?" George turned the car on.

"Yeah. It's been interesting hear you guys speak perfectly instead of having a slight accent." Richi said.

"Is our accent noticeable?" I asked.

"Nah. If you point it out, then yeah, but not really." Matt said.

George started driving to their apartment and turned the radio on. A slow song started playing. I assumed Richi and A-Rad knew it because they told us to turn it up.

"Dude, I haven't heard this song in forever!" Richi said as she nudged A's seat.

"What song is it?" Danny and I asked almost simultaneously.

"For The First Time by The Script. This is such a cute song." A smiled. The girls started singing along.
"How we got into this mad situation. Only doing things out of frustration..." the girls both sang.

Their voices were soft and kind of relaxing. I closed my eyes. All I heard was their voices and the hum of traffic passing by. I assumed A looked at me because her voice sounded closer to me. I heard a smile in her voice and that made me smile. I opened my eyes at the halt of the car at a red light.

"MOVE, ASSHOLE!" George yelled. "I swear, these people have no clue how to fucking drive..."

It was amusing seeing George frustrated.

"Trying to make it work, but man these times are hard!" They were still singing.

"Holy shit, dude, remember that song 'I Like It'?" A yelled as she turned around to face Richi.

"Shit that scared me." Rich said.

"Me, too." I said.

"Yeah, that song was good. Why?" Richi looked back at A.

"Oh..well I just remembered it." A turned back around and faced the front.

Richi and Dylan laughed. "Was that it?" she said leaning up so that her face was right by A's head.

"Ha yeah. I got excited."

"We noticed." Matt said giggling.

Jorel and George weren't even paying attention. They had their own conversation going. I think it was about the house. We pulled up to the girls' apartment, and George turned the radio down.

"Okay, we're here." George put the car in park.

"Okay, y'all can come in." A said as she got out. She pulled the lever that made her seat fold so Richi could get out. As soon as everyone exited, we all went into their apartment.

"Hey, Roy. A and Richi said to the little autistic man that was sitting on the courtyard bench with who seemed to be his mom. He laughed and waved. The girls continued walking to the stairs and went up their place.

"Y'all can sit on the couch or whatever. We'll be out soon." A-Rad opened the door and they both walked to the back room. We walked to the living room, which was right in front of us, and we sat on their shitty couch. Half of the springs were missing and there were food stains on the fabric. Nice way to live, I said to myself. At least we have nice couches.

"They need jobs." I said. Everyone nodded and agreed.