Saving Alice

One Piece

The room was dark and dingy, and smelled strongly of mildew. There were noises and sqeaks that made me think of a sewer, rats and drains all intertwining beneath a city.
The car ride here had been normal enough. We listened to no music, and the only sounds were the tires on the road.
When we had pulled up to the building Alice had grabbed a small hand gun out of the console. I looked at her, and she shook her head. She said it was just a precaution, and I wouldn't need one.
We entered a heavy steal door and followed the maze of stairways and hallways to where we were now, and we waited.
I began to feel an uneasy and my hands started to shake. Why were we here? What could we possibly be doing dressed so fancy in a place like this?
As my thoughts spun uncontroulouby through my head, I didn't even notice the black mass walking towards us.
"Alice." It spoke, I jumped, finally noticing it's presence.
"Arthur." Her voice was cold, a machine.
"Did you bring the payment?" He asked.
"Did you bring the supplies?" Her voice was challenging, I had never heard her like this.
He must have nodded, for she spoke next, "Good."
Something jingled through the air, keys. Alice caught them in her hand.
"Take the Audi, we can arrange a time tomorrow to return the cars." He paused. "Now, my payment."
Suddenly I felt something press into my spine.
"Take the girl," Alice said, "I'll come get her tomorrow." A pause. "In one piece."
I opened my mouth to speak, but she must have anticipated it, for she covered my lips with her hand and hissed into my ear.
"Do as I say, or die disobeying." It was then I realized she was pushing her gun into my spine.
She shoved me towards the man, who grabbed me around my forearms with a vice like grip.
At this distance I could see his face. He had no expression at all. A scruffy beard covered his chin and jaw, meeting up above his lip. He had dark features, and blank eyes.
I felt my entire body shake in fear, he must have to, because a small, demonic smile played at his lips.
"Andres'," he said, "take the girl."
Another set of hands grabbed me, but I couldn't see his face. Until then I didn't realize there were more people in the basement.
"Good day to you, Alice," the man spoke.
She looked at the man, then shifted her eyes towards me. I couldn't read her expression.
"One piece." She said again, then she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been posting, the seventeen of you that are still reading this. I've been busy and honestly, I've gotten so random with this story I don't know what to do.. I'd really appreciate comments!! I don't know if this story is too out there to even bother finishing or not.. what does anyone else think?