Status: Working in tandem with It's Just Not That Simple...and also still in progress! :D

Can You Keep A Secret?

Chapter 1

I rushed into Roxy's and my new apartment, dropping my bag on the floor to get the best room. I knew as soon as I stepped into the expansive space with a large queen sized bed and a city street view, that the first room I landed in was home. There were pictures of city-scapes in varying shades of gray with random spurts of red, amber, blue and green popping throughout. I could already picture where I'd put my Ikea dresser and throw carpet. The closet was massive too! It had a few shoe shelves already placed in it along with enough space to fit all of my dresses and then some.

I heard Roxy shuffle in behind me and see that I claimed this room as my own. I hoped she didn't mind, but she just carried out of the room to go explore. I turned back around to look out the window again and smiled to myself, this was definitely the best decision I'd ever made.

Roxy and I had met once before at a gathering for our favourite band, which was how we knew each other in the first place. You've got to love the Internet! We immediately clicked and kept in touch daily since we parted. I told Roxy about how I wanted to move to London, to see if I could try to get a job in the music industry there, but I didn't have the funds to support an apartment by myself. Roxy immediately suggested that we could move in together. She had plenty of money to support us in any apartment, anywhere, and she really wanted to move out of her father's place. She was a professional author with a few best-sellers, she didn't need her father breathing down her neck anymore, she made adult, mature decisions. But according to her, living on one's own in a major city is incredibly daunting. All Roxy really needed was a roommate, and all I really wanted was to live in London. Well, becoming one of the world's next biggest pop stars wouldn't be too bad either.

Roxy had even offered to help me with that, bless her beautiful, giving heart! Her father was one of the top music producers in the industry. Ever. And believe me, I know that in said music industry it's all about who you know, but I really wanted to try and make it myself. Her father had even told me that he'd give me a listen sometime. I graciously declined, but suggested that if in a half of a year I still didn't have a job that I could go intern at his office. He told me he liked my tenacity.

So, with the promise of an internship in the music industry if all else should fail, I hopped on an airplane after saying a massively tearful goodbye to my family and best friends, and made it to Roxy and her father's house. Two weeks of shopping online and in-stores and now here I am, looking out at my new city, plotting my rise to stardom.

With a smile, I made my way outside to go grab another round of our plethora of boxes outside the apartment complex. I saw my guitar and ukulele cases resting on the edge of our massive pile, half out of the moving truck. Yes we had a truck and not a van, we're young women! And I will be the first to admit that I have a dress and shoe shopping problem.

I grabbed a hold of my instruments and made my way back inside, fumbling a little bit as I attempted to shove the key into the door whilst resting my ukulele against my hip and the wall. I made it in safely though, instruments in tact, and started up the stairs. As I rounded a corner, I saw a pair of bright blue eyes and a dash of shockingly blonde hair flash in front of me and then dart through the door to the floor below us. I quirked my eyebrow, wondering what that was all about, but continued my way upstairs.

After much lifting, too much panting, and the unfortunate reality slap in the face that I'm insanely out of shape, Roxy and I decided to call it quits for the day. We had brought up all of the things on the street, and tomorrow definitely held the glimmer of hope to start unpacking the boxes and making our new home feel lived in. We had taken out a few things, like two mugs and our kettle for tea in the morning, and some cushions because we were looking forward to flopping down on our new couches when we were finished.

I thought we were all set to put our feet up and google search a take out, or rather take away, joint from our iPhones when Roger came through with his last box. Roger worked for Roxy's dad as a bodyguard apparently. I don't know why a man would send his bodyguard to help his daughter move into her first apartment, but I figured that Brits were just weird like that and continued on with my moving. Roxy informed me later that he's basically been like a second father to her with all that he's been through and done for her. I automatically liked Roger. He seemed like a really decent guy. He informed Roxy that she had one box left filled with her writing as he placed his own box filled with our dishes on the kitchen counter, next to the rest of our mugs and cutlery. Quite the sensible spot, I thought.

Roger dusted his hands off on his pants before smiling and saying he was going to depart to his own home. Roxy and I thanked him graciously for all of his help (seriously though, that man can lift!) and kissed his cheek as he made his way to our spots on the couch before exiting the front door.

Roxy looked at me for a second before sighing and grunting as she made her way back onto her feet. I winced at the mere thought of standing, fully glad that my entire body weight was resting firmly upon the comfortable cushions.

I swear, I had only let my head roll back with my eyes closed for two seconds before there was a knock on the door. Figuring Roxy had left her keys on the side table, I grabbed my set and mentally prepared myself for the arduous ten steps it would take to get to the door.

I hobbled slowly there, trying to walk on the sides of my feet to give the bottoms a rest. It was inefficient, but I thought it helped, and it's all about mind over matter...right? I flipped the keys around their ring that my finger was resting inside of, grabbing a hold of their mass when they landed on the opposite side and twisted the knob to our entryway. It was most definitely not Roxy on the other side.

It was four sexy as all heck men.

God save the queen, and God bless the U.K. for their delectable male specimen.
♠ ♠ ♠
It might prove fruitful to read It's Just Not That Simple by KittyOpal because these two stories go hand-in-hand. I basically got plot bunnies when reading her story and asked if I could make this little ficcie here. So, if you like this, you'll probably love hers!! :D

Also, here's Jacqui's outfit and room :)
Yay Polyvore!