Status: Finished..

Protect Me From What I Want

Eight

Ray's pov:

"So Mr.Toro you say you received a phone call from missing student Frank Iero?" Detective Bob Byrar leaned back in his chair taking in this new info. I was pissed he wouldn't listen to what I was saying in my response I tore my hole on my jeans more. "Yes Dectective now will you quit fucking pissing around and listen to me! My best friend is out there kidnapped by some fucking psychopath and you don't believe me?" I held back a comment about lazy police work. Bob smiled and leaned closer so no one but me could hear him.

"Mr.Toro I understand you're upset about the whole disappearance of your friend but this is a ongoing investigation and I'm afraid you might of be influenced from your grief." He looked concerned and forgiving.

I sighed. "I have it on my phone the last time he called me." I handed him my phone. Bob took it maybe he could use some of that csi evidence shit or whatever I've seen on crime shows. Bob took out an evidence bag placing my phone it.

"Mr. Toro I may be able to give this to the uh forensics unit to see if they could trace the call possibility." He gave me crooked smile.

"That sounds good."

"What did your friend say in the call by any chance you recall details any names places?" Bob was now writing in a notebook waiting for details.

"He said he was kidnapped by the same man who has been killing the missing NYU students and I didn't believe him he was trying to say more but the line went dead I gave tried calling him again Ana's again, I blame myself for him being kidnapped if I hadn't been so fucking drunk I could of walked him back to his dorm or had him crash with me." I finished feeling more guilty than before.

"No names? Details? That's all?" Bob sighed putting his notebook away.

"Not that I remember." I stated.

"It was nice meeting you Mr. Toro I swear we will find your friend uh sorry about taking your phone we will give back later, an officer will show you out." Bob patted my back as I stood up. We parted ways.

"And Toro don't do anything stupid, you'll place yourself and others in danger." Bob warned me as I exited the police station. I couldn't say there would be any promises towards my actions.

****

"Ray you can't beat yourself up, it's not your fault!" Patrick exclaimed that night. I was drinking away my guilt at the bar Patrick Stump I met up with trying to forget the bullshit that was going on.

"Patrick it's my fault I let him wander the fucking night with a monster hunting down students." I drowned the remainer of my beer hoping to feel any sort of buzz. I felt nothing.

"Ray don't be that way, if he shows up unharmed and all limbs attached I will personally buy you beer for the rest of this year." He offered.

"Thanks Patrick, but I think I should be going now I have to go study although I can't fucking focus on Mrs. Winsers history of shit I inf need in life." I paid my tab. "See ya Patrick." I felt a tug on my sleeve and Patrick's warm breath in my face. "For god sake's Ray get some sleep don't fucking be stupid." He let go as I left the bar. I felt a huge headache already coming on. I wished I could call Frank and hear his voice to know he was okay and not in a ditch. His words haunting me 'shut up ray and listen to me.' I laughed at him not believing him. It started raining I deserved to be soaked I ran to back to NYU entering my dorm room. I had a home phone for my room. There was a new message blinking on it. Sighing I pushed play.

"Hey uh Mr. Toro we are working on locating Frank's phone we're closing in give me a call when you get this." It was Dectective Bob. He gave me his phone number again and I dialed his number quickly.

"Dectective Bo-" was all he got out before I started to cut him off.

"Bob is it true Frank's location is being found?" I felt a hint of hope for the first time in weeks.

There was a irritated sigh. "Ray don't interrupt me when I'm speaking and yes it's actually a few miles away from NYU at those old apartments. Oh shit Ray I didn't mean for you to hear that don't fucking go there two officers are going to check it out so stay put." He warned me.

"Sure thing Bob. I'm feeling tired anyway I'm going to crash now talk to you soon." I hung up before he said anymore.

I ran out of my dorm and down the street frantic to find Frank after using every ounce of my energy I was at the apartments I started pounding on doors forgetting all the warnings I received that day. I wasn't going to let anyone stand in my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay Ray's pov I might do a Gerard's pov later on but enjoy comment and thanks to all the subscribers that believed in me. I love you all. I'm on a caffeine kick so more updates to come maybe tonight I will finish it.. Nah it will keep going on.