Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

1

Sprinting through the woods I could feel the branches from the trees ripping down my skin and gripping on to my hair ripping it from my scalp. Tears brimmed my eyes but I couldn't stop, my arms were getting scratched since my jean vest didn't do much to protect them.

But I couldn't stop.

I could hear them groaning and shuffling from behind me. At times like this I was glad I was an athlete unlike my two older twin brothers who chose smoking over good cardio. Speaking of those assholes I was still upset over the they left me in this world with no protection. They just had to be caught and put in jail, I wonder where they are now. I'm praying they're alive. Dear Lord they better be. No. Their fighters, I know they are alive. They wouldn't leave me on my own, I have to stop thinking like this. I could hear those things getting closer.

I knew I had to find a safe place. I stopped next to a tree that had a branch that was low enough so my 5'0' frame could jump and grab onto it. I tightened my backpack to my back and jumped for the branch. Pulling myself up I felt a cold death grip wrap around my ankle and tug me down. There was no way I could use my brothers guns seeing as I didn't want to lose my grip on the branch and it would just attract more of them. I started kicking my feet wildly growing more nervous by the second. I didn't dare look down when I used all the strength I had left to kick it in the head freeing my ankle from its iron grip. Pulling myself up a few more branches I found a high enough one where I decided to rest. Staring down at the walkers that were scratching at the tree I couldn't help but let my mind wander

-------------------------------------------
"Jesus Claire! You're only 17! You don't know whats out there!" My one older brother Murphy screamed at me.

"You're right Murph! I don't know whats out there because you and Connor won't let me!" I argued back.

"Claire Saoirse MacManus watch your fucking tone." Connor spoke up.

"Are you guys serious? I'm 17 not 7, I left Ireland with you guys so I could go out and explore not be trapped in this shitty apartment!"

"Angel please we're just trying to keep you safe, South Boston isn't the best for a young beautiful lady like yourself." Murphy's tone softed.

Using the nickname only those two used hit a soft spot and calmed me down.

"We just want whats best for you" Connor followed.
-------------------------------------------

I snapped out of my day dreaming when I noticed a walker drop. An arrow straight through the center of its head. Then another dropped, then another. What the hell was going on? I pulled my knife out of my combat boot and held it close. I leaned over a little bit to get a better view of what was going on rustling a few branches in the process. I froze immediately.

"Shhh,you hear that?" I head a deep southern drawl.

"What are you talking about Daryl, I heard nothing." Another voiced replied.

"Shut up Chinaman, follow me."

I heard more crunching of leaves getting closer. Quickly I pushed myself farther up the branch into the shadows the leaves created.

"You best get down here, I see you up there."

Shit.

I looked over the edge to see two men, one holding a crossbow directing it right in my face.

"Get down." The one with the crossbow demanded.

I looked to the other man, a young asian boy, I looked back to the man with the crossbow. He looked like a redneck and sounded just like one. I tucked my knife into my belt loop of my shorts to keep it close to me.

One thing my brothers taught me was to be prepared at all times. I hoped down from my hiding spot and stood to my full height, preparing to defend myself if needed.

"Whats your name?" The asian boy asked.

"Claire" I replied looking over at the redneck who still had his damn crossbow in my face.

"You mind lowering that boyo?" I asked.

Both their eyebrows shot up, most likely at my thick Irish accent.

"Who you callin boyo, goldie locks?" The redneck asked. I ignored him and turned back to the asian.

"How old are you?" he asked

"17"

"You with anyone?"

"No"

He turned to look at the redneck.

"Daryl...."

"No, She ain't comin with."

My eyebrows shot up.

"Woah cowboy calm down, who said I wanted to go with anyway?"

Redneck, or Daryl as the asain boy called him, scoffed and turned around and walked off in the opposite direction.

"I'm Glenn."

I turned back to the asian boy.

"Nice to meet you."

"Would you like to come back to our camp? Its on a little farm, we have a few women and children there and a extra tent you can stay in."

My eyes widened, "I don't know....I wouldn't want to intrude."

"No trust me you won't, I mean look at you, you'll barely take up any room."

I looked down at myself observing my black combat boots, too short shorts, my dark jean vest that was a Christmas gift from my brothers and a old tshirt that was practically see through with how many rips it had on it. I tightened my backpack straps and sighed deeply.

"Fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think? Should I continue it? Comments please!!