Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

10

By the time the boys had made it back to the cell block there was definitely less of them. By less of them I mean all of the prisoners, including Connor and Murphy.

I rushed up to Rick, “Where are they?!”

Tears started welling up in my eyes as I thought they were gone forever…when I had just gotten them back.

Rick avoided eye contact with me, “Had to put them in the other cell blocks with the remaining prisoners, I’m sorry Claire. We cant trust them just yet.”

I looked back and forth from Rick to Daryl letting my eyes make contact with his until he had to look away. What were they thinking?! Who do they think they are just separating us when we had just been reunited or not. Prisoners or not they were still my brothers and I was going to be with them.

“I’m going to find them.”

I shoved past Daryl and Rick and chaos of arguments started up behind me, someone took a hold of my wrist.

I turned to the icy blues, “Ya aint goin anywhere Goldie Locks.”

Things got quiet.

I scoffed at him and looked around the group.

“Who ye think ya are? Ye tryna take my brothers away from me? Well that isn’t gonna happen now is it. I said it once and I say it again, if they leave so do I. Where they go, I go.”

Daryl let go of my wrist and let his gaze linger on me for a second. I chuckled a bit and pushed past me on the way out of our cellblock and what I was guessing was in the direction of where my brothers were being kept.

I hurried to catch up with him and when we were far enough from the group for them not to hear anything I grabbed a hold of his angel winged vest and pulled it back towards me, he stopped walking and turned around quick.

“WHAT YA WANT.” He shouted.

I took a step back and crossed my arms against my chest to hold myself, trying to keep myself together before I fell apart.

“Who’s plan was this? To keep them in another cellblock?”

Daryls eyes softened and he looked to the ground. “I was a group decision Claire. We have to e careful with Lori being pregnant and Hershel now bein bit.”

My eyes started to cloud over with tears, “So ya thought it was jus a good ol idea ta keep my brothers away from me? When I had just gotten them back? Were ya thinking of me at all when you made this decision?” I practically shouted.

Daryl looked up from the ground and was silent. I leaned back against the wall and slid down till I felt my butt hit the floor and let my head fall into my hands as the tears fell freely. I felt Daryl slide down next to me and pulled my hands away from my face to make me look at him.

“I’m only lookin out for ya Claire. I want ya to be happy.”

I turned on my knees to look at him and played with my fingers in my lap.

“I know Daryl, and I understand that. I do. I only want ya to be prepared. If something happens….and we have to leave….”

Things got silent and I was waiting for him to say something. When I felt two hands on my cheeks and warm lips against mine. I widened my eyes shocked but slowly let them close and responded to the display of affection.

We finally broke apart and Daryl let go of my face to stand up, he took a hold of my hand and when I was standing he let go of it and started to walk down the hall. I stood there for a second confused, was he really going to act like he didn’t just kiss me? Not that I’m complaining he did at all but we will definitely have to talk about this later. I need to know what that meant.

I slowly walked behind him and neither of us said a word until we reached the cellblock. One of the bigger black prisoners, the short one and the Spanish guy were missing from the group. It was only Connor, Murphy, the guy with the funny mustache and the other big guy. I walked up to my brothers and embraced them in a group hug.

“Tá mé chomh sásta go bhfuil tú guys ceart go leor.” (I'm so glad ya boys are okay) I let out a sigh as we let go of the hug,

“Lass…” Connor started with a shake of his head, “How did ya survive out there on ya own?”

I thought for a second and looked to the ground, “That’s a story for later….”

All I could think about was the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!