Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

3

I jumped back off the porch and sprinted towards my tent, I grabbed my backpack and threw it on my back and checked my guns. I turned back and ran towards the house shooting a few walkers that were in my way. I ran up the steps next to Lori.

"Carl! Claire have you seen Carl?!" She grabbed my by the shoulders shaking me lightly.

I grabbed her wrists.

"I haven't seen him, where did you see him last?" I asked ushering her down the stairs of the porch.

"By the barn." She sobbed.

I turned to Glenn.

"Get her to the car." I demanded.

"But Clai-"

"Now Glenn."

He shut his mouth and nodded his head quickly getting Lori towards one of the vehicles.

I started running for the barn dodging walkers while keeping my eyes open for the little boy, On my way I took notice that the barn was already up in flames. I had no idea what I was going to do if he was in that barn. I circled it taking down walker after walker as I came back around front with no sign of Carl. I started running towards the cars coming to the conclusion that he wasn't at the barn and if he was I must haven gotten there too late. If that was the case....

Stopping mid thought I spotted Carl jumping into one of the trucks and Lori following in after him, she turned and looked me right in the eyes just to look away and get into the truck. That bitch. I never liked Lori and here's another reason why, she's leaving me to die. They're leaving me to die!

I started sprinting towards the truck but they were already so far and I was surrounded. I ran for the dirt road leading out of the farm, I wasn't giving up. Just because they left me here didn't mean I was going to lose this fight, I was going to live. Air was quickly going through my lungs as I was pumping my arms going as fast as I could. Before I knew it I was tackled from behind falling to my stomach and rolling to my back coming face to face with a walker, a younger women with long brown hair. She had a chunk of flesh missing from her left shoulder obviously from where she got bit. Her jaw was snapping as she tried to reach my throat, I reached for my knife only to find a empty cover. It must've fallen out when I got tackled. Oh what the hell, this had GOT to be a joke.

There were already so many walkers around and more were nearing me I had to get up and start moving again, putting one hand around her throat I used all my strength to push up and reached for one of my guns tucked in my jean loop. I pulled it out quickly placing it under her jaw and pulling the trigger. Pushing it off of me I stood and started backing up tacking in my surrounds, I kept going. Turning quickly I broke out into another sprint down the driveway. I can't believe this, they left me! I might have not been here long but I was still human for gods sake. Finally making it to the end of the driveway I took a left since all the walkers were coming from the right. I heard a loud motor from behind me seeing Daryl roll up next to me.

"Get on Goldie Locks"

I jumped on his bike behind him and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist ignoring the butterfly feeling in my stomach. Come on Claire get it together! You're camp was just run over by walkers! Pushing the feeling out of my head I looked back to see more walkers pour out of the forest and onto the road following the sounds of Daryl's bike.

We've been driving for a few hours now and we've finally lost all of the walkers that were following behind us. The sun started rising when Daryl decided to pull over.

"Out of gas." He said stepping off the bike leaving me there by myself.

Letting my head drop I started a staring contest with the cement.

"Whats wrong Goldie Locks?" Daryl asked putting a hand under my chin and pulling it up towards him to lock eyes with him.

Ripping my head out of his grasp I stepped off the bike.

"Hmm, I don't know! Maybe its the fact that those bastards left me there to die! That I cant find my brothers! That I'm all alone in this fucked up world! The list goes on." I ranted.

He started at me for a good five minutes "I lost my brother too."

I looked back to him quickly "You have a brother?"

"Yeah, Older one. His names Merle. Rick locked him up one a roof when they went on a run and when we went back to get him he cut his hand off. Only Merle can kill Merle. Come on there should be a little town about a mile from here we can get gas there."

We started heading back down towards the road.

"Tell me about your brothers."

I looked Daryl surprised he was actually trying to start a conversation with me.

"Well they're fraternal twins and took me to American from Ireland with them when I was 14, told our Ma it would be better for me. They worked in a meat packing place for a while, Connor is more sensible and rational than Murphy he's more emotional and hot-headed of the two. They did everything they could for me and I won't stop till I find them."

"Ya never told me your full name."

I froze. "Why is that important?"

He glanced towards me from the corner of his eye. "Just curious."

Taking a deep breath I let it out, here goes nothing. "If I tell you something will you promise you wont tell anyone?"

Something about Daryl just told me I could trust him.

"Sure Goldie Locks." he laughed. Something he rarely did, here comes the butterfly's again.

"Well...." I paused reconsidering my choice. " My brothers were actually in jail when all of this happened..."

"What they do?" He asked stopping me.

I raised my head to look him in the eyes finally realizing how close we were standing. I took a step back and looked away just in case he lashed out and got mad. I know Daryl would never hit a women but this is a lot to take in for a person.

"My names Claire...Claire MacManus and my brothers are the Saints of Boston."

Looking back at Daryl, I didn't think a persons jaw could drop that far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully I can get the brothers in the next chapter. Comment please!