Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

4

Stepping up to Daryl I put my hand under his jaw shutting it for him.

"Close your mouth boyo, ya gonna catch flys."

He squinted his eyes and stared at me hard. "What do ya mean your brothers are The Saints?"

"Exactly what it sounds like, my brothers are Connor and Murphy MacManus, the Saints of South Boston."

He took a huge step back from me and not going to lie, it hurt.

"Daryl..."

"What didn't ya tell me!" he shouted

I shrugged "Didn't see a reason too."

"You didn't see a reason to tell us that your brothers are MURDERERS?!" his voice getting louder by every word.

I took a step close to him "Don't you DARE call them that, They did it for good! They did it for the people of Boston who couldn't protect themselves from those bastard mobs who beat and raped the people that couldn't protect themselves and my brothers were there to STOP that! Why do you think they got called SAINTS!"

I was breathing heavy by the end of my rant and closed my eyes to compose myself taking a step back from Daryl finally opening my eyes to see him shocked by my outburst.

"Lets go get gas." I stepped around him bumping shoulders and keep on going towards the small town.

Hearing footsteps following behind me I knew Daryl was trailing behind. We walked in silence for about 15 minutes until we finally reached a little down that was completely abandoned.

"Come on, Lets get this over with."

I started walking towards a small gas station that was sitting right on the border of the town. Taking my guns out of my holsters I kept them tight in my hands turning to Daryl.

"I'm going to check out the store for anything useful."

He grunted a reply and headed for the pump, empty gas can in hand. Walking towards the door of the store that was already open I raised my gun slowly stepping inside taking in my surroundings. From what I could see it was completely empty. Lowering my guns a bit I walked further into the store and down one of the isles grabbing some bags of chips and a first aid kit shoving them into my back. I kept walking back to the coolers that were off so all the drinks turned warm, shoving a few water bottles that I found in my bag along with the rest of the supplies I heard shuffling coming from the corner of the room. Closing my backpack up quick I threw it on my back and stood, guns in front of me. Stepping around one of the isles I spotted a walker standing over the body of a dead man ripping its insides out, before he could notice my I shot him once in the back of the head thankful for the silencers.

Turning back around to exit the store I spotted a walker standing right in my path blocking me from getting out of the store. Then another one walking out from behind the counter, then another. You have got to be kidding me. I was cornered with few bullets. Slowly walking backwards I started for the bathroom hopeful to find a window to climb threw. Just as I was reaching the bathroom a crunching noise came front underneath my feet. Shit. They all looked up spotting me and started shuffling there way towards me reaching there decaying fingers out to me. Turning fast I ran for the bathroom slipping and falling on the shattered clash slicing open my arms and legs in numerous spots. Throwing my hair out of my face I looked back up taking my knife out of its cover raising it to stab the closest walker through the skull watching it drop to the floor. The other two came at me and the effects of the cuts started to hit me getting dizzy by the second.

"DARYL!" I screamed.

They kept coming for me, finally reaching me one wrapped around my ankle pulling my boot off as I kicked with all the strength I had left against it. I opened my mouth one more time,

"DARYL!!" Finally I heard footsteps against the gravel coming towards the store.

"Goldie Locks?! Where are ya?" he shouted.

I grunted kicking against those fuckers when the one that grabbed my ankle dropped to the floor, arrow through the head. Black spots entered my vision as everything just seemed to get darker and darker. The next walker dropped next to me, another arrow through the head.

I felt someone pick me up, one arm behind my back and one under my arms. "Hold on Goldie Locks. I got ya." Daryl's rough voice in my ear.

"Daryl..."

"Shh, its okay, I'mma fix you up and we'll get back to the group." He set me down lightly outside the gas station taking the first aid kit I found out of my backpack. Lifting one of my arms he inspected me for any bites or scratches.

"I'm sorry." I apologized sounding tired.

He looked up with me and stared curiously "What for?"

"Not telling you about my brothers, I didn't want you guys to kick me out. You all grew on me." I looked away.

"Hey, look at me."

I turned and look at the beautiful blue eyes I grew to love. He pulled some gauze and tape out of my bag after he cleaned my cuts, wrapping my wounds.

"It ain't your fault, you were just in a tough situation. Your secret is safe with me."

My eyes widened in surprise, "Really?"

He looked up through his overgrown shaggy brown hair "I said so didn't I?"

I smiled lightly "Thanks."

"Whatever."

Helping me stand up he took one of my arms putting it around his shoulders and lifted my up placing the gas can in my lap as he started to walk back to his bike.

"I can walk ya know."

He stopped suddenly and put me to my feet taking the gas can from me, swinging his crossbow back around. "Walk." he demanded.

Taking one step forward I almost crumbled to the ground from all of the pain from the cuts.

"That's what I though." coming up behind me he scooped me up and started back on the way towards his bike.

"Think we'll find them soon?" I questioned.

He stayed quiet, "Yeah, of course we will."

"I hope we do."

I rested my head against his shoulder and shut my eyes slightly, "Open ya eyes, ya need to stay awake." He shook me gently.

Opening my eyes back up I looked at him. "I want to find my brothers and your brother, I want to meet Merle."

Daryl scoffed, "I don't wanna meet your brothers."

Sighing lightly I laid my head back on his shoulder.

"They aren't bad guys. You actually remind me of one of them, Murphy."

He was quiet for a minute, "Tell me about 'im"

For the rest of the walk back I told him about why he reminded me so much of Murphy. Exchanging stories from our childhoods and my home back in Ireland. I like this Daryl.
♠ ♠ ♠
They'll be in the next chapter and it'll be longer! I promise!