Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

5

Reaching the bike Daryl set me down gently on my feet and poured the gas into the tank.

He turned back to me, lifting me and putting me on the set "Gotta get movin'"

I tried to get comfortable on the seat, my cuts were burning and blood was already seeping through the bandages making the white color a light pink and red.

"Ya good?"

Shaking my head he stepped on the bike in front of me and sat down kicking the kick stand up and steadying the bike. We started riding back down the road hopefully in the direction of the group. We drove for another hour before he stopped again at a small clearing.

I tapped his shoulder as he got off the bike "You know where you're going?"

He stopped searching through the bag that was strapped to the bike.

"Rick and I made a plan for if anything like this would happen, we agreed to meet up at an old apartment complex, not too much farther from here."

Nodding my head I fell silent, "what are you looking for?"

"Some new gauze to wrap ya up, all that blood coming through ain't good. How ya feeling?"

I didn't notice how light headed I was until he asked how I was feeling, closing my eyes I leaned forward to lay on the bike feeling some of the cuts reopen.

"Tired." I replied.

"Hey, ya got to stay with me. I ain't lettin ya sleep until Hershel checks you out. You're losing too much blood. Take these."

I sat up opening my eyes and held my palm out where Daryl dropped two tiny blue pills.

"What are these?"

"Merle's secret stash, he's got everything here. There some pain killa's, take 'em they'll make you feel better."

Handing me a water I twisted the cap of threw the pills in my mouth and took a sip of water trying to save as much of it as I can.

"Lets keep headin south so we can find them, should be another half hour from here."

Sitting back on the bike I moved over so he can sit back on in front of me and we were back on our way. I wrapped my arms around his waist leaning my head against his back.

I felt someone shaking me awake and opened my eyes coming face to face with Maggie.

"Finally your awake."

I looked at her confused, "What are you talking about?"

"You've been out for about a day, Daryl's going crazy."

I looked around and noticed I was in a van. I looked at my arms seeing them were all freshly wrapped just like the rest of my body.

"Daddy re-wrapped all of your wounds before they got infected. You were cut up pretty bad."

Laying back down I stared at the ceiling of the van taking in all of the information I just got.

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

"It was no big deal, calming down Daryl had to be more difficult. I think someones got a crush." She smirked at me.

"What are you talkin' about? I think the heat is gettin' to ya Mags."

Nodding my head I sat up still a little sore and headed for the door of the van so I can get out, starting to feel a little claustrophobic. I stepped out and took in the surroundings around me.

"Where are we?"

"Side of an abandoned highway, They guys have been hovering over the map looking for a good place for a us to go that we can stay at for a while." Maggie replied climbing out of the van.

I nodded my head and watched as she walked away to join Glenn. Pushing my back I slid down till I was sitting on the hot pavement. I could feel my thighs burning, looking up to the sky I closed my eyes.

"And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

I finished my prayer and let out a long sigh, "What ya mutterin'?"

Opening my eyes I turned to my left coming face to face with those pretty blue eyes.

"Family prayer." I replied

Daryl walked towards me joining me on the hot cement leaning his back against the van and setting his crossbow besides him.

"Ya religious or somethin'?"

"Yeah, went to church every sunday morning with my brothers'"

Daryl scoffed, "Your brothers were religious?"

My jaw locked, "Of course, Look I know you probably don't think they're the best of people but they did what they did because they got a message from the Lord. They protected me and those helpless people of Boston from those scumbag Russians. All the Mafioso's and child molesters. They made sure they were safe, they didn't hurt anyone that didn't deserve it now if you mind I would like if ya didn't talk about my brothers as if they were monsters." Ending my rant I turned away.

It was silent for a good five minutes before he broke the silence.

"I know ya miss them, I miss my brother everyday."

I sighed picking at the fringe of my jean vest, "I need to find them Daryl, I cant be alone anymore. I'm too young to be alone in a world like this. I'm only 17! I thought I was all grown but this has only made me realize how much growing up I still have left to do. I need them to get me through this."

"Ya ain't alone Goldie Locks, Ya got me...Don't forget that."

Looking up from the cement I turned towards him but it was too late, he was already 3 cars away from me. Did Daryl just say he cares for me? I know those weren't the exact words but that's how it seemed to me.

I stood up from the ground and walked towards the group, Beth stopped me.

"Hey! Its good to see you awake and waking, You might want to pack your stuff up. They found a place they think is good, a old prison Daryl and Rick found when they went hunting."

Thank God for Beth, I'm glad I have someone my age to connect with, "Thanks Beth, I'll go get my bag from the van."

Turning back around I headed towards the van and grabbed my backpack out from it throwing it around onto my shoulders and started to head for the red pickup Hyundai the groups been driving around. I walked by Daryl on his bike.

"Where ya goin'?" he stopped me.

My face twisted in confusion, "To the car...aren't we leaving?"

"You ain't leaving my sight, get on." He straddled his bike and helped me on behind him.

"I can just go in the car you know..."

Ignoring me he started up his bike and started to lead the group back on the road. We drove for about 45 minutes until we came to a huge clearing with a prison right in the middle, it was perfect. The field that was fenced in was swarmed with walkers, dead prisoners that must've gotten bitten somehow. The plan was to clear it then take the prison as a new home for the winter.

We all pulled up to the fenced, Rick got out of the car approaching Daryl and I on the bike.

"T-Dog, Glenn and I are going to start clearing the field from out here then slowly start to move in, Daryl, we want you to help." Daryl shook his head, "Claire, Can you watch over everyone, You're the best shot out of all of them."

"Sure Rick." I gave him a small smile and headed over to the cars.

The men got in past the first gate to where they started clearing out the field with Glenn running across the fence dragging a stick along it to attract them closer. Taking there knives and stabbing them in the heads. About an hour later they were finally done and we were allowed to enter.

"Its amazing to have this much space to move around." Carol walked in holding her arms above her head.

Carl grabbed my hand and pulled me in further to the field, I turned and grabbed Beth's hand as all three of us started to run around the field starting a small game of tag.

"Alright guys, Come on." Lori called for us.

We stopped and started to head back towards the group that started approaching the prison where there were more walkers on the other side that had to be killed. The guys did the same thing again but moving a bit faster this time. Finally they cleared it all out and entered but had us stay back in the field just in case there were more.

They came back 20 minutes later letting us in, "We cleared out a cell block, once we move everything in we can start moving bodies to burn."

Grabbing everything we made our way into a cell block, I walked up the stairs and chose a cell block away from everybody. Setting my stuff down on the bed I took a seat placing my head in my hands.

All this prison does it make me think about Murphy and Connor. Signing deeply I lifted my head and looked around. Grabbing my bag off the floor I set it on my lap opening it, pulling out a water bottle I took a sip and but it back. Dropping my bag back on my bed I walked out of my cell and went to join everyone.

Taking a seat at one of the tables I folded my arms and rested my head on them.

Someone took a seat next to me, "A few of us are goin' ta look around and see what we can find...I want ya to stay here."

Lifting my head I stared back at Daryl.

"What the hell ya lookin' at?" Narrowing my eyes at him, I put my head back down on my arms.

"Whatever." he muttered standing up and walking away.

Hearing the door to the cell block close I figured they left. What was Daryl's deal? One minute he gives me the cold shoulder the next he's fine. Sighing I looked around and noticed Hershel, Maggie, Glenn, T-Dog, Rick and Daryl were the ones that left.

Carol and Beth were walking around putting everything in there place while Lori sat across from me with Carl by her side. Her stomach was growing larger and larger everyday and you could tell she was going to pop any minute now.

Carol walked over to the table, "Claire why don't you go get some sleep honey, You look exhausted."

"I'm fine Carol, Thanks. I'd rather stay awake just in case anything happens. When they get back I'll go lay down." She gave me a small smile and walked away.

Out of no where you could hear a faint scream in the distance, Is someone else here? Was one of our people hurt? We all froze.

"Its probably nothing...maybe someone just got frighted and they took care of it." Lori spoke up.

No one was buying it, something had to happen. Walkers couldn't scream like that. Carol and Beth kept putting everything together but no one spoke. That scream was plaguing everyone's mind. I gate flew open and in rushed the group with Hershel laying across a table missing a leg.

"DADDY!" Beth screamed running towards the table.

They moved him further in the room and Carol rushed over with a bowl of water and some rags.

"We have to burn the wound, he's going to bleed out if we don't close it."

Lori covered Carl's eyes and dragged him into a cell away from the gruesome scene. Daryl walked over to me blocking my view, I heard the gate open again. Someone probably left to find some more rags.

"Ya don't need to see this. Let's get ya outta here." He grabbed onto my arm and tried to pull me away.

"No I want to stay I need to see if he's fine."

"Ya ain't staying Claire, Let's go."

By Daryl using my real name I knew he was serious. I took a seat at the table and stared at him, I dropped my head back onto my arms.

"Angel?"

It couldn't be...

I stood up and tried to walk around Daryl, He put his arm out to stop me.

"You ain't going over there."

"Move Daryl."

I took a quick step around him.

"Angel!" The voices I've been longing to hear yelled out.

I looked across the room to the gate and there standing behind the gate were my two favorite people in the world. Murphy and Connor.

The tears immediatly started rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh my god." I started running towards the fence when I felt someone wrap a arm around my waist.

"Let her go ya bastard!" Connor yelled.

"Don't ye' put ya hands on her!" Murphy followed.

"Daryl please let me go!" I pleaded.

"Who the hell are they Goldie Locks?!" He questioned letting me go and pushing me behind him.

"My brothers." I barely got out before I sprinted around Daryl throwing myself against the fence.

I started pulling at the lock on the fence trying to open it finally getting it open. The fence wasn't even open yet before the boys rushed through wrapping me in a group hug between us three.

"Angel, oh Angel." Connor whispered into my hair.

Murphy laid a kiss on my left temple and Connor on my right.

"I missed you guys so much." I got out between sobs.

I pushed away from them, "What the hell are ya doin' in Georgia?! Aren't ya suppose to be in Hoag?!"

"Claire...." Murphy spoke up. "We got transferred. We thought Doc was going to tell you."

I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. I spun around and came face to face with Daryl, by his facial expression you could tell he didn't know what was going on. I turned back to my brothers. I finally noticed everyone got quiet and was staring, Hershel was passed out from the pain.

I turned to the group with a slight smile, "Guys...These are my brothers, Connor and Murphy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this whole chapter. Then my computer fucked up and it got deleted. This is why I usually write it before I type it. I'm literally about to cry. It was so good too. Omfg guys. So I held it off a bit and made it longer. I hope you enjoy! And yes I know that's not how they got into the prison but I had to make it a bit quick. THE BROTHERS ARE HERE!