Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

6

Dragging the boys up the stairs I directed them to my cell and pushed them on the bed taking a seat in between them and grabbing Connor's right hand and Murphy's left. They each stared at our hands for a bit.

"What are ye' doin' here Angel? Why ya in Georgia, ye' should be in Boston with Doc." Connor spoke up.

"I couldn't stay there anymore, it was getting crazy guys. I couldn't find Doc...." I let a tear slip down my face, Murphy reached over to brush it away."I stayed a extra week in Boston but I couldn't find him anywhere, I went to the bar, the apartment, even his place. He was no where,If I stayed there any longer I could've died."

"What do ye' mean ya coulda died? We took care of the scumbags before we went away. Is anyone after ye' did any one pull somethin on ya?" Connor asked.

I looked at him for a moment, then Murphy.

"When was the last time you guys have seen outside?"

"Uhhh....Its been a while, about 2 months since a guard put us in the kitchen. Say he'd be back, never returned." Murphy answered.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the wall.

"What's going on Angel?" Connor squeezed my hand.

"The dead are walking."

"Ye' gone crazy girl?" Murphy asked letting go of my hand to feel my forehead.

I swatted his hand away, "If I gone bonkers why am I in this cell with ye'?"

The boys went silent and looked at each other, "Jesus Lass! Ye' tellin the truth?! When did this happen?!" Connor flipped standing up.

"Lords name!" I shouted at him.

"Hail Mary, full of Grace" Connor muttered walking to the door way of the cell then turning around.

I looked to Murphy to see him smirking at Connor, knowing he hates when I act like the adult.

"About three months ago, That's when I left Boston. It was to crazy for me ta stay." Resting my head against Murphy's shoulder.

"Ye' try to get in contact with Ma?" Murphy asked.

Lifting my head up I laid down on my bed resting my feet on his lap.

"All the phones were shut down, couldn't call anyone. Tried ta get in touch with anyone from home. It didn't work." I shut my eyes and laid there while Murphy tapped his fingers against my calve, I felt the bed sink next to me. Opening my eyes I stared at Connor, he reached up to brush a strand of hair out of my face.

"We were worried sick about ye' Angel. I thought we told you to stay with Doc."

I giggled a bit, "Remember when you guys stormed into Yakavetta's hearing? It was all over the news. You guys....and Da. Made me stay with Paul."

I boys smirked letting out a small laugh.
_________________________________________________________________________________

They boys and ll Duce burst through the doors at the Yakavetta trial. Da and Connor jumped up pointing there guns while Murphy went to pull Yakavetta from the stand. I was standing peering into the door with Smecker.

"Now you will receive us." Connor shouted.

"We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry." Murphy followed.

"We do not want your tired and sick." Connor continued.

The boys went back and forth between sentences.

"It is your corrupt we claim."

"It is your evil that will be sought by us."

"With every breath, we shall hunt them down."

"Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies."

"Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace."

"These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost."

"There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain."

"For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it."

"And we will send you to whatever god you wish." Murphy finished.

The boys hoped down to join our father behind Yakavetta. They raised their guns.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii...."

They cocked their guns.

"....et Spiritus Sancti."

The shot him in the back of the head, I felt Paul twitch behind me. They quickly ran out of the courtroom.

"Come on Claire, We have to leave." Smecker grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the courthouse to meet the boys and Da.
________________________________________________________________________________________

The boys smirked remembering the moment.

"Ah yes...Yakavetta. King of the scum." Murphy spoke up.

It got quiet.

"Ye' havent told anyone about us have ye' Angel?" Connor asked grabbing my hand.

I hesitated knowing for a fact they wouldn't be happy to find out I told someone. "I only told one person...." I laid back staring at the ceiling.

I felt Connor squeeze my hand when I finally got the reaction I was waiting for. I flew off the bed from the force of Murphy jumping up and Connor moving out of the way. I looked up from the ground to see them standing over me.

"cad a dhéanann tú i gceist inis tú duine éigin?!" (what do you mean you told someone?!) Murphy shouted in irish so no one could make out our now shouting battle.

"Dúirt mé ach duine amháin, ní bheidh siad a insint duine ar bith a swear!" (I only told one person, they won't tell anyone I swear!) I fought back still on the floor.

You could hear footsteps rushing up the stairs of the cell block.

"tá tú ag kidding me aingeal? d'fhéadfadh an domhain a bheith imithe go dtí an cac ach i dont liom go mbeidh daoine a tuairim a athrú ar orainn. Ba mhaith linn chun tú a chosaint! Agus tú nach bhfuil daoine ag rá maidir linn cabhrú linn!" (are you kidding me angel? the world might have gone to shit but I dont think that will change people opinion on us. We want to protect you! And you telling people about us doesn't help us!) Connor fought with me.

"There a problem here?"

We all turned to face the doorway of the cell, I stood to my feet.

"No everything's fine. Thanks Daryl."

"ag fuck dúr" (Stupid fuck) Murphy spat in his direction.

"Murphy!" I shouted grabbing the back of his jumpsuit pulling him back towards me.

"What ya got to say boy?" Daryl took a step in the cell.

I took a step forward to stand in front of my brothers, "I'm sorry Daryl, We'll keep it down."

He looked up past me and over my head to Connor and Murphy.

"I know who ya guys are. Ain't very big fans of you. Goldie Locks when you get a chance I need to talk to ya."

With that he exit the cell and down the stairs.

"That's who ye' told about us? Are ye' crazy Claire?! You don't know him!" Murphy argued.

"How could ye' say somethin like tha? Tell everyone about us when ye' know betta!" Connor followed.

I stood silent not in the mood to deal with them being mad at me when I just got them back.

"Aye, whats the deal with that boyo?"

Ignoring Connor's question I walked back into the cell.

"Look can you guys please for me just try to get a long with everyone. I'm begging you guys."

They let out a long sigh.

"Fine." Answered Connor, "But if they don't want us here..."

"Ye' leavin with us." Murphy finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
The big talk between Daryl and Claire will be next! How do you think it'll go?! Hope you guys like this chapter! two in two days! Maybe I'll get one out tomorrow too.