Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

7

Walking out of my cell I left my brothers behind so they could get some rest since they've been locked in that kitchen. I walked into the main room where everyone stood, they all got quiet once I entered.

"What?" Walking further in the room I took a seat.

Rick took a step forward, "What the hell is going on?"

I looked around the room at everyone's faces stopping on Daryl's.

"Excuse me?" I stood up from my seat placing my hands on my hips furrowing my brow.

"Who are they?! How can you just let them in and leave them in there by themselves!" Rick shouted.

"I told ya they were my brothers, I've been lookin for them since I left Boston!"

Rick took a set back turning around so his back faced me, "Why are they even in here in the first place? Why are we finding them trapped in a jail cafeteria with the other inmates? Is there something you have to tell us Claire."

I dropped my eyes to the ground and looked back up to the faces of everyone in the group going from one to one and finally stopping on Daryl's who's eyes fell to the floor to avoid my gaze. I looked back to Rick.

"I can't really answer that...told 'em I'd tell no one."

"You tell me now or they're gone." Rick practically growled.

"There gone, I'm gone." I responded, everyone's heads snapping up to look at me.

He hesitated, Lori stepped forward. "Honey, you are going no where. Rick may I have a word with you?" She stepped forward taking his hand in her's while the other rested on her swollen belly. They soon left the room, we were left in awkward silence.

"I'm gonna get some air." I muttered walking towards the cell block door.

Walking outside I took a seat against the wall of the jail and stared out into the field. Someone took a seat next to me.

"You can't leave us Claire." Carl opened his mouth, "Don't listen to my Dad, I don't know whats wrong with him lately."

I took a deep breath, "I'm not goin' anywhere buddy." Placing my hand on his head I ruffled his hair a bit.

Moving his head away from my hand he swatted at it.

"Cut that out." He complained.

Laughing at him I nudged my shoulder into his. "How do ya feel about havin' a little baby brother or sister soon?"

"I'm excited!" Giving me a small smile. "Just wish they could have a normal life ya know?"

"Ahhh agreed, You'll be a amazin' brother though, I know it."

Someone cleared there throat, we both turned around to see Rick.

"Carl can you go inside I need to talk to Claire."

My throat went dry, to be honest I was nervous about what Rick was going to say. If my brothers couldn't stay I was obviously going with them even though I didn't want to leave the group. Carl went inside to give Rick and I privacy.

"Look, We don't want you to leave and I'm sorry for my outburst but its not that easy with just letting anyone in the group."

"Rick, they're my brothers! Ya' know how long I've been looking for 'em. Yeah I'm sorry I didn't tell ya they were in jail but I didn't think it was tha' important at the time since I thought they were in Boston anyway..."

Rick let out a deep breath, "I know and I'm sorry. The group is fine with them joining us as long as they pull there weight and I want to talk to them first."

Jumping up from my seat on the floor I wrapped my arms around Ricks neck, "Thank ya! Thank ya! Thank ya! Trust me they can definitely pull there weight. I'll go talk to 'em and tell 'em that ya want ta talk."

Walking into the jail I had the biggest smile on my face since this whole zombie thing has started. Things are finally looking up for me.

I stopped in my tracks and my smile fell from my face. I still have to talk to Daryl, and I was not looking forward to that knowing that he was not happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so sorry with how short this is but I've been busy lately and hopefully I will get something longer out in a few days. I hate posting short chapters but its been so long since I've updated and I had to give you guys something. Comments please!! Its what keeps me motivated to keep writing!