Status: I'M BACK

Break My Fall

9

When we reached the bottom of the tower everybody was already out in the courtyard, including the inmates that were with my brothers, looking around at the fences, which had walkers piling up against them. I walked over to my brothers and could feel Daryl’s eyes on my back. Murphy threw a protective arm around me and gave a few glances over in Daryl’s direction.

He leaned down to whisper in my ear, “Aye, we’ll have to have a talk later huh lass?” I leaned back to look him in the eye and all he had was a stupid smirk plastered across his face.

I looked away and rolled my eyes “Aye.”

Rick started addressing the other prisoners who were trapped in the closet with my brothers.

“Where’d you come from?” the Spanish looking inmate asked Rick.

“Atlanta…” he responded looking up from the ground. The prisoner started to talk as if we were the ones that were gonna leave the cell block after we cleared it out. Rick started arguing back that the prison was ours since we took out the walkers and I couldn’t agree more. I felt Murphs arm leave my shoulder as he went to approach the arguing men. I reached out to pull him back but Connor snapped at me, his way of telling me to not interfere.

Murphy stepped between the men, “Come on men, all is good.”

Without looking in his direction I heard Daryl scoff and everyone headed back into the jail to check in on how Herschel was doing since he was bitten. I rolled my eyes and followed after my brothers as everyone else headed in different directions. I walked up the stairs towards my cellblock and right past Daryl who was sitting up on a perch since he refused to stay in a cellblock.

He stood as I passed, “Gonna take these boys and kill off some of the stray walkers and teach them a thing or two.”

I let out a long sigh and faced my brothers, “Aye, you listen here ya little know it alls. Listen to these men, they know what they doing. Don’t get too far ahead of yourselves.” A thought quickly popped up in my head, “One second,” I let go of their hands and rushed towards my cell reaching for my backpack I reached inside and grabbed two Rosemary beads and headed back out to meet them. “Here ya are, thought ya would like them.”
They looked down at what I was handing them and quickly back to me, and then both quickly embraced me in a hug.

“We love ya Angel. So glad we found ya.” Connor spoke.

They both gave me a kiss on the check while putting the beads around their necks.

“Lets say the family prayer and be on our way with Robin Hood, aye?” Murphy joked.

Daryl scoffed and walked away, I could feel my face burning red.

“AYE Murph Avevo ragione, lei ha una cotta LIL” (AYE MURPH I WAS RIGHT, SHES GOT A LIL CRUSH) Connor practically shouted.

I gave him a quick swat to the back of the head, “Get it together boys,” I grabbed their hands, “And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.”

“I love ya boys.” I gave them a swift kiss on the cheek each and they headed down the stairs, I glanced at Daryl who was staring up at me, nodded my head to him and headed into my cell.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 in one night!!!