Thorn

Last Words.

I stuff my clothes into a suitcase and pray to God that I have enough time to get out of here before he comes back. I don’t want to see him, and that pushes me to hustle faster.

As if God blatantly tries to do the opposite of what I want Him to, keys jingle in the hallway and the door opens.

He is here and I am scared.

I don’t even turn around. Before I even hear footsteps, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol hits my nostrils. He stands at the doorway of the room.

“So that’s just it? You’re leaving?” He asks me, and the anger in his tone is thick, making goose bumps rise on my skin.

“Yes.”

"You're just going to forget everything we've been through together? Drop everything, drop me?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes."

I don’t know how we got here. I’m not sure where we went wrong. But, we are here, and I am striving my hardest not to be anymore.

“Lyn, I’m… sorry,” he struggles to speak the word. My eyes close and I shake my head, sighing to myself. Is he really thinking that an apology is going to work? That it will fix everything and take us back to before this mess happened?

That’s what I tell him. He doesn’t say anything.

Silence.

I pack the rest of my things and zip up my suitcase. I put it on the floor and grab the handle of it along with my purse, walking past him without a word.

“Roslyn, we need to-“ I raise my hand to cut him off. I turn to him.

“There is no 'we' anymore,” I say bitterly, turning back and storming out.

Those are the last words I will speak to that man, that monster, ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, hello, welcome. To those of you who have read my earlier stuff this will look eerily familiar and that is because I am rewriting this with a new protagonist and I'm rewriting everything with a more structured plot line. Woo! I know this is a short beginning, but I can promise the updates get longer. Tell me what you think? x

P.S.-I'm still working with the layout, so please be patient with me.