Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

It had been several months now since mine and Melanie's separation. If I was being one hundred and one percent honest, I sometimes miss her. A heck of a lot! Like, when I used to feel awkward between Ian and Jared, she'd always be there and be able to say things to make me feel better. I know, how tricky it was at first but in the end it was almost like I needed her more than anything else in the world. I did truly love her and I still do. I often find myself going to her when I need someone to talk to and a shoulder to cry on. Literally, this body was so emotional, I needed comfort a lot these days. Mainly to do with Jared and Ian and I was surprised to see that she wasn't bothered that a part of me loved Jared still. Well, she kind of made me fall for him in the first place anyway. What with all of her precious, beautiful memories she shared with me. That was the main reason I helped her return to Jared and Jamie. I loved them too. Right from the start...

But Ian's love was different from that and Melanie knew this too. All of those months bound together, we shared a lot of our feelings to the other. Melanie knows me more than I know myself. No one else comes close in that sort of love. Me and Ian have progressed a lot since the change. Him not having to be careful with me because of Melanie and Jared has made it easier to be closer to him and that's never really a bad thing. I loved it when his arms were around me. Embracing me. I had never been truly loved this way by anyone else and Ian was just so caring and considerate. With Jared, the only reason Jared loved me in the slightest was because of the body I wore and the girl trapped inside it. But with Ian, the world could be ending and I'd still make sure that every moment was with him. By my side. By his. Always together...

If anything, ever since the change, Jamie has gotten even closer to me and obviously Melanie. I think a part of him still misses us being the same person, well, the same body but I think overall, he prefers to be able to speak to us both as equals and see how we react and laugh differently. I think the reason why part of him misses us being combined is because when we were the same body and practically the same mind, we seemed to be like a team. I think Jamie liked that because when things got tough between him and Jared, he always had us to fall back on but I think in the long run he prefers me and Melanie the way we are now. He can now hug me and his sister separately and form different relations with each of us. So then we can mean something to him in our own way. I think one of the main reasons he clung to me so was because I understood him and felt the things he felt but him loving Melanie was a bond that had always existed. Right from birth but I do think this experience has bonded them even more than before this all happened, which I think has benefited Jamie. He smiles more often now and laughs a lot. This makes both me and Melanie very happy. To see the young adult we both love so dearly happy is precious to us...

Me and Ian have gotten really close since the separation. Of course, my love for Ian was completely different from my love for Melanie or Jamie. For Jamie, it was more like instinct. I felt right from the very first time we actually saw eye to eye, that I had a strange bond with the kid, even though at the time, this seemed very unlikely. My love for Melanie might have been excruciatingly difficult for the both of us at first, even when we weren't arguing but when she understood that I love Jamie and even Jared just as much as she did, she soon became more comfortable with me and I her. No. My love for Ian was so much more distinctive than any of those. Even more distinctive than my love for Jared. No, Ian is like my anchor. He keeps me from floating away from my home. My world. Our world. Our love. Since the change, nothing much has changed except for the love of our partners growing even stronger than we ever believed possible...

Like I said, Ian and I, we had gotten a heck of a lot more trusting in the other ever since the change. He still has to watch that Jared isn't angry about it when he kissed me but I guess that's just habit. I could tell that Melanie still felt a little awkward around Ian but they soon got over the weird sense of electricity when they touched. That was kind of my fault I suppose. After all, I was the one to fall in love with Ian in her body but she couldn't really say anything. it was her fault that I loved Jared so much. Every now and then when he'd kiss me on the cheek or embrace me I'd feeling that burning sensation on my cheeks and wherever his arms and hands touched me. Ian didn't like this, I could tell when his eyes warily darted back from me to Jared but often I'd turn to him and kiss him to make him feel at ease. It worked...

As for Kyle and Sunny, they stayed together, still clinging tightly to the other. It was quite nice, seeing them so happy and content but Melanie still had a grudge against him because of him trying to kill us and hating us even when we defended him. Well, when I defended him, I should say. Ian occasionally brings that up when we're lying in bed at night. Saying how he's never seen a soul or a human ever have such strength to overcome hate or fear to save someone. He then goes on and on about how much he loves me and how he'll never let me risk my life for anyone again. I just usually kiss him to distract the flush of memories that pour into me and whisper in his ear "I love you!" He shakes his head and smiles "I love you more..."

Doc and Sharon were still the same. She was still stubborn and he just tried his best to get on with life. Every now and then me and Melanie would still get awkward glances from Sharon and her mother Maggie but that was quite average behaviour for them. We'd noticed how they usually glance at Trudy every so often and give her the same awkward look. So me and Melanie thought best to ignore it. Me and Melanie were now as close as ever, spending every minute we could together, well, when we weren't with Jared or Ian that is. We'd talk to each other and comfort each other, usually just chatting about Jared and Ian, discussing the highlights of the day. Things like that. It made me feel complete to have a sort of sister in the mix now and to be able to talk with her in person and console in her if I really needed to. I think she felt the same...

Ian and Jared still couldn't bring themselves to hang out with the other but neither me or Melanie could blame them. They had too much history which would never be forgotten. It was after me and Melanie had accidentally let it slip that Ian kissed me that one time. We were just in generally chit chat and I accidentally let it slip out. Ian blushed a little as this was revealed whilst Jared flexed. Probably trying to control his actions but at the end of it he kissed me on the cheek and Melanie on the lips, which made everything better I suppose...

Now, this just leaves Jeb. Jeb hasn't really changed at all since the change. Well, apart from having Melanie back, which obviously cheered him up. He's had a bit more of a spring in his step ever since she'd come back. I liked the new Jeb. He seemed happier and more open to others since I gave Melanie her body back. He said thanks to me after all of that, saying how if he had another niece, he'd want her to be like me. Oh no, he didn't say like me, he just said me. Which made me feel warm inside. I felt welcomed for the very first time and having Ian by my side made things so much easier than before...

When I desired comfort and love he'd be there. Sticking by me and holding me close to him. Sometimes, I just cried on his shoulder, remembering every thing that had passed and he'd just hold me tighter without me even asking. Which I appreciated a lot. He could now read me like a book. When I said I wasn't hungry or tired or didn't mind working longer than the others, he'd just pick me up and kiss me, holding my now smaller body in his arms. Cradling me, like he used to do. I loved how he knew how to make me happy. Not just short term happy but completely, endlessly happy. I loved him more than any other human in the world. No, more than any other heart or soul in the universe...

Melanie knows me the most out of all of them though really. Not surprising as we spent nearly a whole year in the same body. She knows my hiding places, well I know a lot of people do but she always seems to know where I am all the time. She wouldn't need to ask "hey, where's Wanda?" to humans passing by because she'd already know. Sometimes, I find it strange how she knows me so well, like she's still a part of me but when I think about the thought, I realize that she is. Maybe even more of a part of me than when we were the same because now it was her choice to be a part of my life and I hers. We seemed to prefer each others company more than anyone else we knew, which was nice. She wasn't just my sister, she was now one of my truest soul mates and I loved her just as much as I loved Jamie, Ian and even Jared. We might now be like we used to be because now he can have Melanie in person but I still care for him and I think he still cares for me. I used to be alone in a strange world I didn't know but now, I'm complete in the only world I'll ever live on from now. I'm fulfilled in this place I know can call home...