Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

Experimenting~

"So..." Jared murmured awkwardly and looked at me and then her, everyone now had realized that we had switched somehow. Well, not exactly switched, more combined, because I could control my own and her own actions and words, but she could also do the same with me too. It was a tricky and extremely confusing situation and don't you go thinking the story is any where near over yet, because there is a heck of a lot to clear up here. To start off with, we had to convince everyone, especially Jared and Ian, but most likely Ian, not to panic, as that would make it ten times worse. But how? We could already see how distraught and confused they all looked, all of them knowing that we'd have some kind of tricky outcome. To be honest, me and her were just as confused as the rest of them, which made it worse if anything. How could we explain something that we didn't fully get ourselves? Because they'd want an answer wouldn't they? I nervously turned to Jared, keeping in mind that I was currently in her body and tried my best at explaining what we knew at-least...

"Well..." I took what felt like the deepest breath I have ever taken in my entire nine lives and tried to make Melanie's voice sound controlled and calmed. It probably didn't work. "We transferred over into the other." What else could I say? Because that was all I knew! He shook his head, doubting my response and raised his voice into a more demanding tone. "There's something you're not telling me... I mean, us!" He paused, expecting a quick answered, when he didn't get this he spoke again, softer now. "Look Wanderer, what do you remember?" he swallowed and then went on, "tell me everything, Wanda. Please?" I nodded and so did Melanie, knowing that we'd both be telling the story and we took a seat on the cot nearest to the both of us, preparing ourselves for the inevitable...

"Should I start?" I asked her and she nodded, seeing her in my body made me quiver with fear and utter shock. Is this how she felt all of those months in the back of my head? Is this how she feels now? I mean, cos after all, we feel and think the same things, don't we? "Okay, so she was telling you about when you two, were telling Jamie about when you guys first met, right?" I didn't want their acknowledgment, I was pretty much asking myself this, so that I got a better understanding of things. "Well, I was somewhere else at the time and I was with Ian, when I heard her again..." Ian shot an unexpected glance my way and almost accusing, spoke up. "Wait, you've heard before? Why didn't you say anything, Wanda?" He sounded a little aggravated by the end of the sentence. No shock there. So, I just calmly replied as easily as I could manage, "well, like Melanie said before, they were very weak and barely noticeable before this point." He seemed to ease at this, feeling better that I hadn't kept so much from him and he took a step closer to us. "Can you carry on from here, Mel?" I asked her, fear in my voice as I did so, knowing that the next part wouldn't be easy for her. But she agreed and then went on...

"So, we were in the middle to telling Jamie this story, when I felt this really strong presence in the back of my head. I knew who it was straight away I heard her speaking to me, but I was far past being afraid of this now. I was shocked, obviously and she was too, I'm guessing she was, anyway" I felt myself nod towards the human that now controlled my host body. Still, this was all still extremely confusing to me and I'm guessing to her too. "At first, none of it made sense. She was just with Ian and they were spending time with each other just talking and that, when she suddenly started to answer back to my thoughts. It was so weird, yet so intriguing. It was only when it became more clear of what had happened, when I realized that I was in her head too and that she was experiencing that I really didn't want to be part of" She smirked at me and I knew what she meant by this, "the conversation, well more of a combination of lost thoughts, started off just plain awkward and strange, but as we got to grips with what was going on, she told me that she needed to talk to me as soon as possible, which is how we got here, I guess..." She trailed off, about how the combination of my thoughts and hers, proved to her that she wasn't imagining it. Everyone around us, just listened and watched us with cautious, yet eager to learn, gazes, which put us on the spot even more, if anything...

I suddenly jerked my head to Ian and Jared, an idea so bizarre and insane that it must work! I wasn't sure on the security of the overall outcome, but surely it could have a chance of getting us back in our own bodies once again. "Hmm..." I exclaimed, intrigued by my experimental side taking over and looked to Melanie who was still in my body, she seemed to catch my drift, which was likely, as we both shared the same mind. She smiled at me with the same twinkle of excitement and joy in her eyes, taking in my every move. "How do we go about this?" I asked her, nervously. I was embarrassed to admit that her doing this would make me feel uncontrollably jealous, but I knew that we had to do something. I know that it was only short term, but at-least it gave us a little bit more time to either figure this out, or find a way to make it less heart-breaking for all of us. So I gave her the go ahead look and we both did what we only could do now, take risks that hopefully would work out in the end. I still hated what we were planning to do; but I knew that it was for the best. We both did...

I walked over to Jared, preparing myself in this body that was new to me but still familiar, as I'd lived in it once before. I looked him into the eyes, trying to not fall as I neared to him, what with all the anxiety rising in my body now and took his left hand. I examined it, taking in every detail and then dropped it. I looked over to my sister Melanie, who was wearing my body still and who did the exact same as me only with Ian, testing how it felt. How it seemed to us in other bodies. She smiled, instructing for me to go ahead with it, so I did. "Don't ruin this, okay?" we both asked simultaneously to the two people we loved most in the world except from each other. They didn't have any time to answer, obviously, it was meant as a rhetorical question, as we both wrapped our hesitant arms around their necks and leaned in to kiss them, quick and rash, so that we had no time to change our minds that at the moment, were up to this insane idea. As they didn't fully get what was going on here, they didn't pull away as soon as we were expecting. We didn't realize, at the time, that they wouldn't know all that we did, which made this experiment better, I guess. It was Jared, who came on quicker than Ian did, who pushed me away and angrily stopped the unusually intriguing situation we were now in...

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he spat at us, but he meant it for me more than for her, which was better because I didn't want him hating her. I didn't answer, instead I ran and I don't think I stopped for literally hours. I pulled away from Jared's gaze, only just escaping his grip, ran out of the cold, weird room before I stopped myself and ran down the corridor as fast as my legs could take me. Thanks to Melanie's running skills, I out beat the angry Jared and confused Ian trying to catch up with me. I ignored their shouts and pleads for me to turn around and ran as long as I could, as far as I could, without caring where I'd end up. I wasn't meant for this. All of these emotions spinning inside of this heart deep in my chest that wasn't even mine and I didn't know how to react. Scream. Shout, or just keep running. I decided to do the third, which eventually led me outside of the cave and into the long, dusky desert that I and Melanie had walked through all of those months ago. I still ran, not caring about the hot sun on my back and the spinning sprinkles of sand on my face, I just kept at it. Hoping that I'd never have to live out this situation I was now trapped in; like a spider tapped in a web. I didn't see any way out, so I just ran and ran and ran...

It was only when I noticed the change of color in the sky, when I realized just how far I'd ran. I looked around, in this empty, endless desert of dusky sand and rocks, hoping that I'd find somewhere to rest that night. I found a few rocks in the distance, which looked like the most appropriate place to rest for the night, so I walked over to where the sand filled rocks lay and sat down onto the cold, hard ground of the desert floor. I closed my eyes and hoped that death would come, as I now knew that it would most likely come to me anyway, whether I liked it or not. My sister, my beautiful, red haired sister, needed her body back and maybe, maybe this was the only was it could've ever been done. What if, we could never have actually lived as two? Maybe, we could only either live as two minds in one body, or just one mind in one body. Maybe, there was never a choice of either of them either. Maybe, one of us always had to die in the end...
♠ ♠ ♠
"What if, we could never have actually lived as two? Maybe, we could only either live as two minds in one body, or just one mind in one body. Maybe, there was never a choice of either of them either. Maybe, one of us always had to die in the end..."