Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

Realisation~

What did I do? I ran. For no other reason except pure ambition to get the answers I so very much longed for. The ones that would put an end to the endless queries in my mind and end the nagging thoughts tugging at me from within. I had to get to the bottom of it. I just had to, or else, I don't think we'd ever get out. I tried to think of positive things. Things that made me feel better about the task I had just set myself, but nothing worked. Instead, I just ran and ran as fast as and as long as I could. Trying to keep my mind off the things that were actually bothering me so much. I closed my eyes, taking in the cool, fresh air and embraced the feeling of the wind hitting my warm face. I smiled, with the satisfaction of being able to run again, but I knew that this wasn't all me. It was Melanie. She was smiling with me because she was also running with me. Maybe not in body, but surely in mind and this body was hers anyway. It made sense. So, with the fear of getting trapped into those endless questions and thoughts I was constantly rethinking, I carried on running for as far as I could and not bothering looking back to where I had come from. Yes, I missed them all. Even Doc and Jeb. But I had to do this. For us...

It was only when I spotted a light red Vauxhall Astra, from a few hundred metres away, when I stopped dead in my steps. I looked worriedly ahead at the vehicle and put 2 and 2 together. Surely, there must be souls here. If there was a car, then there must be it's owner somewhere in this empty, hollow desert. I looked around me nervously, but saw nothing and then I came to an epic realisation. I could steal it! Then, there'd be more chance in me getting back to the humans and not being caught. Then, I could tell Mel and all the others about what I'd found out and then maybe we can save her. My sister. The thought of her being able to live free and her own self again made me smile, which made me make my very quick and clear decision. I had to go ahead with it...

As I neared the car, I looked back, forth, left and right many times, until I was absolutely sure that no one else was about. When I was one hundred percent certain that I was completely safe, I ran over to the car without halting and then grasped the handle of the car door firmly in my hand and swung it open with one large movement. I looked around again, double checking my safety regulations and then climbed in to the vehicle. Before I put the key into the ignition, which was on the driver's seat, I shut the door as quietly as I could manage and prepared myself. "No one can hurt us now." She whispered, trying to sooth my uneasy side, which did work a little, as it made me slam the key into the ignition before I changed my mind...

I drove for miles and miles, not thinking about any of the others waiting for me back at the cave as it hurt too much to think of my leaving them. Yes, most of them hated me still but I hated the thought of them being disappointed in me. I really wanted to fit in but obviously, that would never happen now, would it? So I closed my eyes for a slip second, took in the warm air of the desert and pushed my foot down till the dashboard read 100 miles, which is when I quickly came to a slight halt as I lowered my speed. I tried not to think of Ian but it seemed impossible, as I kept getting transitions of little things he and Jared did whilst Melanie was in their company. Most of the things she saw and heard, I did too and that just made what I was about to do so much harder...

I had now realized that sometimes in life, there's no easy way out and you just outta' take the hard way. Even if it means making it hard for those who wish for your safety, because in a situation like this, I really don't see any other way out...
♠ ♠ ♠
Who knows what will happen next in the following chapter "Fold."x x x