Status: Hey, I've decided to start from scratch and actually write about a story that really hit hard for me. The host has to be the best book I have ever read in my entire existence on this Earth. You might of guessed that I'm a huge fan. This is a fanfiction about how Wanderer reacts to her new self and b

Die for Her

Equals~

After a few more moments of pure silence and awkwardness, she'd grown in confidence to broach the subject and suddenly answered me, without hesitation. "Yes, I have a few times" she looked over to Jared, who was just as shocked and stunned as the rest of them and then looked over to Ian. Ian, whose face was filled of a fusion of disappointment and anger at the same time. It was hard for him though, I could understand that much. She soon went on with telling us, "it was hard to understand at first though because it was all... messed up" she paused and took a deep breath. Preparing herself, "but after that, I understood things more clearly" she cleared her throat, which I did too. Simultaneously. Which was weird. Jared looked over to us, both stood side by side like sisters would do and made an odd face. One which suggested that he was... suspicious. Yes! That was it! Suspicion. But what for? This made us even more nervous than we were before. "It was still... blurred and it was only when..." she paused, as if remembering something she didn't want to and as this overwhelming feeling of fear and shock took over her being, it seemed to take over me too. I understood her emotions just as much as she did. I found myself wondering if it'd be the other way round...

Ian, now frustrated with a mixture of anger and sorrow, seemed to be eager to get all the information he needed to know. His face turned from fearful to devastated in a matter of seconds and he began to demand answers from my sister. “When?” he growled, angrily and turned to me, his eyes filled with deep, sinister sorrow and pain. I didn’t know how to react. Whether to cry, hide away, run or just stay there perfectly still. I refused the urge to do any except for the last, which only just about worked. I saw as Melanie changed from shocked to violent as she snapped. “When I heard her!” she shouted at him forcefully, trying not to break, like I was trying not to do and then turned to Jared. “I don’t know what’s happening!” we both shouted at exactly the same time. After this, all of the people in the room; Jared, Ian, Doc and Jeb, glared at us, shock and disturbance all over their faces. They knew that it was beginning, but us, caught up in the confusion of it all, didn’t even see it. How stupid! How idiotic of me to let this happen. Now, after everything that has happened, I had to let it slip…

For a few more seconds, seconds that felt more like hours, we were deadly silent. Deeply analyzing the situation. It was only when she raised her voice once again, the silence died out. “We both don’t know, okay?” her voice softened on the last word. But the truth was, was that I did know. I’d known all along but I’d kept it to myself! Even she, who was the closest person to me, literally, didn’t know this about me. She never brought down that barrier I created to stop her from seeing this. This part, where everything you though you ever knew about the host and it’s soul, bursts into flames in front of your eyes. It was now my turn to speak up, I couldn’t leave it all to her now, could I? But as I began to speak, I had this weird, overwhelming feeling consume me and take over ever nerve in my stone, frozen body. Newness. A new sense that somehow, felt recognizable to me. Like I had felt it before but in a different body or way. Like, I had felt it in another host…

But then, as I took a breath, ready to speak up again, I felt it even stronger. Her presence. Like on the night when I heard her in my head, which was before I blacked out by the way and then went out to find her to get an answer. When I heard her voice, even clearer than ever before. Still there, lurking in the back of my mind. I stood in Doc’s room, silent and still, ready for their faces to turn mad with impatience but instead, their faces turned to sympathetic and caring. I couldn’t help but be cautious of this. Why were they being so nice to us? Us? Why did I keep thinking I wasn’t the only one in here? The longer I pondered over the past, the more I began to fear for my sanity. What was wrong with me? Nothing. A voice familiar to me but new at the same time answered my unspoken question and then I recognized the voice even more. It was her, the one who’d known more than the others did. Even more than Ian did and I told him near enough everything, even when I didn’t want to. No. This girl was stronger than the others and more connected to me too. She was the only one who knew my mind better than I did. The only one, who had lived in my thoughts once before and the only true sister I had ever known. Weird, isn't it? The one person, who I’m closest to more than anyone else, is the one person who I used to hate. Ian was right; Earth was unusual. Though it was beautiful too. The most beautiful planet I’ve ever lived on in all of my 9 lives. Not just because of the beautiful fusion of blue, green and white, which is the outlook from space. No, not because of that at all, it’s because of the love shared here. The hearts connected in the most bizarre circumstances. Me and Ian, Melanie and Jared; we are all connected by one word. Love and in the weirdest and most unusual of situations, too, as I’m a parasite who has lived many lives and I have fell in love with a human? Well, I guess true love is possible, even in the most impossible of circumstances…

I finally told myself to “grow the hell up!” and spoke once more, after now a few minutes of pure and undisturbed silence. “I know it makes not a lot of sense and it seems kind of unlikely, but please, you have to listen to” I paused, acknowledging her presence in the back of my head again, “us.” We were now a team, again but this time; there was no way to separate us. I breathed in and out slowly for a few moments and then cleared my throat. I was ready, to tell them everything. “We are ready.” Oh, yeah. “We?” I cringed, repeating the word she had used in my head made me feel a little nervous, knowing that things couldn’t ever be near perfect again like they were only a few days ago. This was a big hit to the both of us, but Melanie refused to believe it and questioned my doubts. “Why are you so scared, Wanda? We've done this before, we’ll be okay!” I shivered at the hope in her voice, could I lead her on? Letting her think everything was going to be fine? Well, I had to, for the time being, anyway. “Let’s just get on with this, okay?” She went silent again, returning back to the body, which she belonged in. I now saw the movement of her fingers twitching and I knew that she was out of my head, for the time being anyway. She took my hand in hers and squeezed it tight. “We’re going to be okay?” To me, it sounded more like a question than a statement and that’s why I answered her as best as I could. “I hope so…”

Everyone else just watched us in pure curiosity yet fear. Their eyes telling us everything their faces didn’t. The panicking. The worry. The shock, which this whole situation had left on them. How could we tell them? How would it work? But it had to. It just did. I finally found the courage to tell them my side of everything, bracing myself for even more fearful and distraught looks I’d receive from Ian especially. “Well, we were telling Jamie about how me and Jared met…” Wait! This wasn’t me! But it was my voice? What? It was only when Jared looked at me, as if the suspicious look he had gave me and Melanie before was suddenly confirmed, when I realized that something was dearly wrong. Well, not wrong but unusual. Not exactly right, but it seemed like me and Melanie was too confused at the time to read into this gaze we were receiving from her loved one. I suddenly realized that the person who was actually saying these words, wasn’t the host of the body I was in at the current time. Oh no. It was someone else’s words that now flowed out of my mouth, as if they were my own. They were her words. Melanie’s words and as this hit me harder than the arms pulling me away from her, I realized that she was yet again strong enough to enter my thoughts and answer for me. She was still a part of me. A bigger part than either of us expected and then, when I turned to see the face I was least expecting to see. Jared. Dragging me away from everyone else, I was now confused. Now before confused but real confused. Like, the most confusion I’d ever felt in my entire nine lives. Why was he taking me away from here? This made me mad! Not me. Her! This made Melanie mad and she was suddenly back, stronger than every before. She pushed Jared away, using my arms, my hands to touch his shoulders so that she could shove him as far away from us as possible. It was only when I saw his face properly, that I realized he was full of remorse and pure hatred for the person he was looking at. Well, not person, soul. I then realized why. When Melanie shoved him away aggressively, using my body and shouted these words at him. “Do. Not. Ever. Touch. Her!” she shouted, louder than I ever believed possible and then turned to Ian, “it’s the same for you and all!” We then turned away from them both, looking towards the exit of Doc’s room, hearing their whispers behind our back. I was the one who made us shiver, when Ian tapped our shoulder. “Melanie, you know that I’d…” Melanie, as angry as she was, interrupted him without bothering to hesitate. “Never hurt her? Yeah I know” she paused and we took a deep breath, “I was thinking of something else that involves touching, Ian.” If things hadn’t have been so sullen, I bet they would’ve laughed at this snide comment. I had the urge to do so, but I didn’t, under the circumstances…

I suddenly took control over Melanie and kissed him, in one quick and rash motion. She hated this. Trying her ultimate hardest to pull away. “I guess we wont get the chance to explain now, will we?” I asked her, distracting her. The only reason I was doing this, kissing him, was because I wanted him to know I was still here. He just looked so… lost and hurt, due to all of this being dug from the dirt again. Melanie pulled away, resisting the urge to hit him. I pulled us away, so that she wouldn’t do it when I was off-guard. I knew her. She’d probably have done that too, because she sighed as I walked further away from him, but she still found a way to make it slightly positive for her. “Yes, yes. Back away from him. Good idea.” I shook my head and said this out loud by accident, “I wasn’t doing that for you, trust me.” I was now talking to her body, which was still, due to all of her current energy being drawn into my body. Her words, actions and thoughts were now all too busy in the body I now owned to be controlling her actual body as well. “Can’t you go back? You did it before.” The last part sounded a bit accusatory, but I knew I was right for saying it. Well, thinking it, because she had done it before. Only moments ago, actually, so I guessed that she could easily do it again and that she was just doing this for…Well, I don’t know what I thought she would’ve been doing it for. I just knew that we both seemed like we didn’t know what the hell was going on. But right there and then, I did have my doubts on Melanie. “I can’t always control it, Wanda!” I shivered as she said this, making it all more real to me and more familiar than I wanted it to be. I didn’t want it to remind me of my days in her body. Those days weren’t right. I was evil. Careless even, to take her body like that. I hated comparing this situation to that, but I simply had to…

“Shouldn’t you be telling them that, not me?” she was taken back by this, so I further explained myself. “The part about you not always being able to control it!” I shouted, a little annoyed now. This was more due to the situation, not her. Now I understood why some humans were so sour. They probably had to deal with this sort of impatience more than I had done in my previous eight lives. This thought worried me. “What if I turn sour and cold-hearted?” I asked myself, but I didn’t expect and answer. “People like you, they never turn into those things, Wanda.” I didn’t exactly know what she meant by this but I answered her anyway. “Thanks, but aren’t you… scared?” I asked her and I could feel her thinking in my head as I asked her this. She finally came up with an answer that I actually found quite inspiring. Which was nice, I suppose, under the circumstances. “Yes, all of the time” she paused, thinking of how she could phrase it, “but, I know, that if we stick together throughout this Wanda, we’ll be okay.” I shivered, waiting for her to carry on her inspiring words and I was surprised when I found the words flowing through my own lips. “We are fighters, sister and we can beat anything. No matter how impossible it is or seems. I love you…” It was her speaking. Her words. But my voice was the one that spoke them so beautifully. I then wondered, if this kind of control could work in reverse. Could I speak for her body? Say, if I could, would I want to do it? My questions were soon answered; when I found that I’d replied to he words that had came from my lips but had been thought of by her. I close my eyes for a stiff, silent moment and kept them shut whilst I spoke. “I love you, too. Melanie, my sister…”
When I opened my eyes, I found myself looking at my body. It was only when the body that’d used to be me, opened her eyes too and looked directly into mine, that I realized that I could actually control her body, as I was controlling it right there and then…
♠ ♠ ♠
"When I opened my eyes, I found myself looking at my body. It was only when the body that’d used to be me, opened her eyes too and looked directly into mine, that I realized that I could actually control her body, as I was controlling it right there and then…"