Status: This is not my first fanfiction, I had an account on Fanfiction.net but my parents grounded me from it. Please leave a comment!

My Journey into the Unova Region

Let's see...

Food. Money. Tent? Sleeping bag? How does all this fit in a-

PWOOSH!

“Backpack...”

I find myself engulfed by an orange tent, with a sleeping bag slapped onto my head.

“Hey! You ready, yet?”

“No, I'm not. As you can kind of see, I'm stuck inside this trash heap called a tent. Give me a hand, and we can leave sooner!”

That got her moving. She raised her claw, as if to slash it. “NO! Don't slash the tent! I'll need it for later!” I cry, as she prepares to slice the tent into a million pieces with her claws.

“How else am I gonna get you outta here?” She asks, as I just sit inside and sigh. “For starters, you could LIFT the tent off me, and then I'll free myself from this beast of a sleeping bag,” I tell her.

30 minutes later, the tent unhanded me, and the sleeping bag's jaws let go. “Sheesh.... When do we leave?” She asks, as I nearly explode from repetition. “When you stop asking me,” I growl through clenched teeth. “You could go help Mom with the noodle cutting, since that's kind of tough for her,” I say in a calmer tone.

“Why not. You're just sitting here packing up for a two-minute walk to the lab, while I-”

“JUST GO, PLEASE?” I nearly beg-shout.

“Fine, fine. I'll go,” She says, and leaps down two sets of stairs in no time at all.

'Why did I ever teach you english.....” I mutter.

I check my backpack once more. There's everything I need, plus those six slots for the new members.

I glance at my room, that I grew up in for all my fourteen years. It's not much, really. The bed, a couple posters, a dresser, red walls, and some carpet, but that's it. I could have left for this region long ago, probably when I was twelve, but I held it off to completely take in the beauty of the last journey I had. When I left at ten, I was uncaring, rough, and smart mouthed. At fourteen now, I've changed a lot- In appearance, personality, and style. I'm still smart mouthed, but I'm much nicer now.

“I guess I won't be seeing you in a while,” I say to my room. I can smell those noodles cooking- it looks like nobody got killed in the kitchen. I laugh to myself. That was quite the incident. My partner tripped and clobbered Mom on the head with our heaviest pot. I head downstairs, where there's a steaming bowl of noodles waiting for me.

“Hurry up, will you? The plane leaves soon,” She says impatiently.

“Let me eat in peace, silly.”

After I finish eating, we leave for the airport. I wonder what I'll see this time.

I say goodbye to mom, and I board the plane with lots of excitement.

The plane is plainly white, and very comfy on the inside. The seats are made of leather that is stained tan-colored.

After a long ride in the plane, we get out, look at the directions, and head straight for the lab- and end up in a forest.

“Oh man, where do we go? This wasn't on the map,” I sigh.

“Pi.. Re.... You?”

“What was that? It sounded like a voice or something,” she says.

“Let's go check it out,” I say.

This forest is dark- No sunlight is let in, pretty much. We're following the voice, and we end up bumping heads with a boy about my age- with a backpack, hat, and a worried look on his face.

“Have you seen my partner? We got separated in this dense forest,” he says nervously.

“What does he look like?” I ask the boy.

“Well, he's yellow, looks like a mouse, and has streaks of brown on his body. Oh yeah, he's also kind of small,” he adds.

Ah. It's him. No doubt I know who this boy is.

“He also answers to the name of Pikachu,” he adds.

“Yes, I know. Come on Sneasel, help me look for this Pikachu.”

“Right!” My Sneasel replies.

“Whoa! Your Sneasel can speak?” He asks, dumbfounded.

“I have a better idea. Climb a tree and-”

“No need! I can do that!” A girl with long, purple hair replies- from the top of a tree. “Your Pikachu is over there- in a clearing! And it's getting beaten up by a group of Purrloin!”

“What's a Purrloin?” The boy asks.

“I'll explain later! We need to go get your Pikachu!”

“Yeah!”

I'll come too! You may need help,” the girl says, jumping down from the tree.

We hurry through the forest to that spot where the girl pointed, and when we reach the clearing, I see a group of small, purple cat-like-creatures beating up on a small, yellow mouse.

This isn't good. Guess we're going to have a fight on our hands.

“Riolu! Come on out and use double Force Palm on any Purrloin you can!” I yell, while throwing a red-and-white ball through the air. When it opens, a blob of sparkling white light emerges, and my Riolu comes out I a kneeling position. It looks like a blue miniature human, with two long black ears. “O-Lu!”

“Riolu, go! Use double Force Palm!”

“Riool-u!”

The power from the Force Palm defeated a few Purrloin, and crippling some others.

“Meowr!” Suddenly, one Purrloin jumped onto Riolu, following it were every other remaining standing Purrloin.

“It's using Beat Up! You! Go get your Pikachu! Sneasel! Use Brick Break and get Riolu out of there!” I yell.

“Right!” Sneasel dashes off with incredible speed, and uses Brick Break on any Purrloin in sight.

Even though Riolu and Sneasel had type advantages, they were outnumbered- 10 to 1.

“Looks like they need help! Drilbur! Come on out and use Drill Run!”

The girl threw her ball, and a small mole-appearing creature came out. “Dril-il!”

The fight was raging on, with us losing, due to numbers.

“Trainers! Withdraw! I will handle this!”

“What?”

“Huh?”

Even though we had no idea what was going on, Iris, the girl who was in the tree, and I both withdrew Riolu and Drilbur.

“Emolga! Use Discharge on all of the Purrloin!”

A large bundle of electricity flew through the air and zapped all of the Purrloin, somehow knocking all of them out. “Are all of you all right?” The voice asked.

“I'm fine, but I don't know about Riolu,” Sneasel replies.

The woman is obviously surprised. “A talking.... Sneasel?” She asks, puzzled.

“Yeah, I can talk, so what? Rocket's Meowth can,” Sneasel snaps at the woman.

I see the boy visibly flinch. “Oh, those guys...”

“You know them too?” I ask.

“Yeah, they come from Kanto, where I'm from, and cause trouble all over the place,” He says. “By the way, I'm Ash! What's your name?” He asks me.

“I'm Nick. Nice to... Well, I actually know who you are,” I say.

“WHAT?”

“Your mom's name is Deliah, your home is Pallet Town, you've traveled every region and entered their league, but never won, that stuff.”

“How.. .Do you know all this?” He asks, looking like he's been hit by Thunderbolt. Maybe he has, with that Pikachu of his.

“I'm friends with Professor Oak. And rivals with his grandson, Gary,” I say.

“Me too! No way! Why haven't we heard of each other before?”

“Luck. So Professor Juniper, can we please head to your lab to pick out a Pokemon?” I ask, impatience staining my voice.

“Of course, Nick. We can head over there right now,” she replies with a laugh.
  1. The beginning of the journey's end
    How I begin my journey, and who's my friend.
  2. The first Unova battle for me!
    I get challenged by a hotheaded Iris, who I insulted somehow.
  3. I swore I wanted that Snivy.
    The starter of my choice rejects me! Will I be able to recover?