Status: Brace yourselves, evil is coming.

Sinister Minds

What are the things we consider good in this world? What are the things we consider evil? Is it all black and white or are we overrun with the grey area? If pure innocence could exist then could pure evil exist as well? Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? It’s so very hard to know the answers to these questions. Can we consider someone bad when it is their job to kill? Can we consider someone good when it is their job to save? Both could hate their respective occupations, conflicted every single day with the work that lied ahead of them. They could hate to kill and hate to save; does that make them the same person? Do they fall into the grey area? It’s exhausting to be good and it’s exhausting to be evil. Let’s face it; it’s exhausting to be anything in this world. All that can be done is to be decent or mediocre. Do what is asked and follow the path set out because that is the mold that fits best. What comes natural to you? Some of us are born to be good and some of us are just born to be bad. It’s the predisposition to it all, the choice you have is to strive to be good, that’s what society tells us. Be good and good things will come to us. Be kind, give back when you can. Don’t do this, don’t do that.

What happens when you say no? No, you will do this, and you will do that. You will do whatever the hell you want to because you are who you are and you won’t be what is expected of you. That’s all you can do when convention can’t contain who you are underneath the layers of propriety.

Evil will come for you. It comes for us all. What will you do when the time comes for you to face that evil? What will you do when that evil is looking back at you in the mirror?