Come Closer

Floor is Crackling Cold

It was another two weeks before Peanut showed up.

He stayed with Gray the whole time, pointless arguments about her pointless friends punctuated by bouts of mediocre fucking and excellent drugs. He was tired of her by that time, but couldn't pass up the drugs.

The light-hearted giggly blonde appeared next to the DJ during Gray's Spring Break Just Because I'm Rich and Hot Birthday party, flirting with the ostentatious mixer as though her life depended on it. She, like all other girls who hung around Gray, just liked the attention.

He was so fucked up on coke he barely registered her words, getting something about suicide attempt, mutism, and prostitution. The next thing he remembered was throwing up over the balcony.

He woke up on the roof, floating on an inflatable pink pool chair, nearly naked, save for his boxers. The realisation of this made him jerk in surprise, sending him tumbling into the deep end of the pool. For a moment, in the waving water, he thought he saw her sunken into the bottom of the pool, her body contorted in an impossible position but her face calm, as though she was sleeping.

When he reached the surface, he got out of the pool as quickly as possible. She wasn't there. He knew she wasn't there.
He stayed on the warm concrete of the pool's edge, letting the heat of the sun dry him off and calm him down. She was haunting him. He deserved it.

After a few hours, he finally got up, navigating the identical floor's of Gray's building back to her condo. He grabbed all of his stuff from his bedroom, except a pair of pants that her newest conquest had been sleeping near. The guy could keep those.
He stuffed it all haphazardly into a pillow case, and left. He didn't need her anymore, he could find someone else.

That's what he was good at.