All the Faint Lights

012:

Chapter Twelve
"Come on," Trisha said as she walked down towards our seats after the game and told us to follow her.

Jake was so excited and going nuts next to me. I just laughed and followed my sister through the arena, until we were down stairs, in familiar territory. A smile grew on my face as we got closer and closer to the locker room.

"Ya decent guys?!" Trisha called as she opened the door a little.

"We're good, Trish," Sidney said as he opened the door and smirked towards my sister, "Hey Lin."

"Hey," I smirked and Jake nudged my arm and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be rude, Crosby! Let them in!" I heard someone yell, sounded like Jordan.

"Ya shit! I was about to!" Sidney growled and then moved out of the way.

Most of the guys were dressed; although, Jordan made sure that he was shirtless when I walked into the room. Trisha scoffed and I rolled my eyes and smirked towards Jake.

"See what I have to deal with," I stated and Jake rolled his eyes.

"You?!" Trisha said and I laughed and nudged my arm into hers.

"So what did you think of my goal, Linny?" Jordan asked as he walked over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pressed his chest into my, seeing if he could get a rise out of me.

I was damn near close, '...He's such a prick, but damn his he gorgeous!...' I thought as I looked over towards James to see he was buttoning up his dress shirt, "Pretty good," I smirked, "I guess me tying you and Neal up gave you some luck, you both scored."

The guys were laughing and I smirked when Jordan rolled his eyes, but then smiled brightly when Geno came over and pulled me into a big bear hug, "My fan!"

"Yeah, what the hell is up with that?! Why Geno's number?!" Jordan yelled, "Why not Neal's?! Or mine?!"

"My teddy bear!" I said as I wrapped my arms around Geno's neck.

"All right bitches! Party at my house!" Max yelled as he walked into the locker room from the showers wearing only a towel.

Geno covered my eyes and then pressed my back to his chest. I giggled and then crossed my arms.

"Damn Talbo! Pull some fuckin' clothes on!"

-Trisha-
"You going to the party?" I asked Caroline and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't really want to, but Jake will kill me if I don't take him," she laughed and I looked up to see that Jake was making his way around all the players for their autographs.

"All right, guess I'll come for a little bit," I said and she snorted, "What?"

"Never knew you to be the party girl," she laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, grab Jake and we'll head to Talbot's," I said and she nodded her head and then walked off. Caroline walked off, grabbed Jake and then came back over, "Did you drive?"

"No, Jake did, his car's in the parking lot," she said and I nodded my head.

"Best if you follow over, Sid and I don't normally stay long," I said and Caroline nodded her head, "Go ask Talbot for the address, I can't remember it off hand."

-Caroline-
We got to the house and Jake parked down the street because there wasn't really a lot of places to choose from. A lot of people were already here, Jake had to stop at his house to change really quick, and I just took my jersey off.

We walked on the sidewalk and I felt an arm go around my neck, I smirked when I saw it to be Geno and wrapped my arm around his back, "Good game, Geno."

"I win because you wear my number," he smiled brightly and I giggled.

We walked into the house and the party had already started. I smirked and then felt Geno slip away to head towards the ground of girls that surrounded Sidney, but then soon surrounded him. I turned to say something to Jake, but he was already gone too, "All righty then," I laughed and then walked into the house and tried to find my way around, '...I need a drink...'

"Linny!" I heard and turned to see Jordan walking over towards me.

"Nope," I said and then started to walk away from him.

"Aw, don't run!" he yelled and I laughed and waved him off and found my way into the kitchen, where I scoffed when I saw this girl clawing herself to James.

I opened the fridge and pulled out a beer and then looked at him to see that he was looking at me with pleading eyes, I smirked and then rolled my eyes and walked away. I was heading out of the kitchen when I saw Jordan looking around, '...Son of a bitch...'

I sighed and then looked back and saw James trying to get away from the girl, but she wasn't having any of that. I groaned and then placed my beer on the counter and then turned towards James and tried to put the best fake smile that I could on, "There you are!" James snapped his head towards me, "I've been looking everywhere for you," I laughed a little and then looked at the girl who was glaring at me, "Who's your friend?"

"Uh, this is-"

"Julie," she snapped quickly, "And you are?"

"Caroline," I said and then leaned next to James against the counter, "Ya know, I do believe that some of the guys are doing body shots in the other room. Why don't you join them?"

"I'm all right," she smirked and I laughed a little.

"No, I insist," I said, standing up straight and staring at her with an unamused face, "You're not really wanted here."

She scoffed and then went to slap me, but James grabbed her wrist, "Not a good idea," he said and then girl growled and then turned around and started to walk away.

"Well then," I said and then turned around and grabbed my beer, wanting to head out of the kitchen, when I felt a hand on my arm and I was being pulled back, "What the-"

"Why did you help me?" James asked as he spun my around and I stared up at him.

"I wasn't going to, but I figured you needed some help," I said and then sighed and took a swig of my beer.

"You could have just let me go," he said and I snorted.

"Yeah, you're too nice towards other girls to tell them to leave," I said and he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean 'towards other girls'?" he asked and I smirked and placed my beer on the counter.

"I'm a girl, you're not nice to me," I said and he scoffed.

"Because you're not nice to me," he said and I rolled my eyes, "You tied me up!"

"You kicked me out of my own bed!"

"I didn't kick you out! I moved you over, you still had room!" he said and I growled because he was right.

"You like freakin' cuddled with me!"

"I didn't hear you complaining," James smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I was asleep, how the hell was I going to complain?!"

"You clung to me-"

"You held me down!" I said and then threw my hands in the air, "You sold me out to Jordan- Just like I told you, you would!"

"Because you drug me into the stairwell and jumped me!"

"Oh yeah, like I could really jump you!" I said and then rolled my eyes and stated to turn around.

-James-
"You are so infuriating!" I growled as I looked at Caroline, she was leaning against the room across the room, '...And you're so gorgeous...'

"I could say the same about you, James," she said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Whatever, go find your precious bodyguard!" I scoffed and waved her off but she just shook her head at me.

"He's just a friend-"

"Hey, you don't need to preach to me about what you two are-"

"What are you? Jealous? Why?" she laughed a little.

"I'm not jealous! Why the hell would I be jealous?!" I growled and she smirked towards me, "What?"

"You're jealous."

"No I'm not!"

"All right then, when another bimbo is attacked to you, I won't help peal her off," Caroline said with a 'matter of fact' tone and then grabbed her beer.

"Fine then! I don't need your help!" I growled and she started to walk away, "Maybe I'll bring her home with me," I snapped and she looked back towards me, '...Shit, I should have stopped while I was ahead...'