All the Faint Lights

014:

Chapter Fourteen
"You're such a fuckin' prick!" I growled as I charged into the locker room and shoved Jordan into his locker.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down," Pascal said as he pulled me back.

"What the hell man?!" Jordan growled as he glared at me.

The only reason that I was able to do anything to him was because I took him by surprise. Jordan could kick my ass in a heartbeat and I would have embarrassed myself for starting this commotion.

"What's going on?" Sidney asked as he stood up from the bench and stepped in-between Jordan and I, "Nealer, what's wrong?"

"Mon ami, not the right way to go with this," Max said as he pulled me back.

"Go with what?" Sidney asked and I heard Jordan laugh.

"Oh, your pissed because I got to Caroline first!" Jordan barked out a laughed and my fists clenched, "What happened to 'I don't like her'?"

"Oh come on! You're the one who tried to plot us together! What the hell was that about?!" I growled and then tried to go at him again, but Sidney and Pascal held me back.

"I was sick of waitin' for you to make a move," Jordan smirked and then started to throw sweats on for the optional practice today.

"You were- What the hell?!"

"Calm down, Nealer," Pascal said and then Max pulled me back and walked me out of the locker room.

"Breathe, mon ami!" Max said and threw me against the wall, "He's just trying to get a rise out of you."

"It's working," I growled and then ran my fingers through me hair, "Fuck!"

"Relax."

"Max, tell me the truth, did I fuck up?"

"Without a doubt, mon ami," he said seriously and I sighed.

-Sidney-
"You slept with Linny?" I asked Jordan as soon as Max pulled James out of the locker room.

"No, just made out," Jordan said but then smirked, "Got close to it though."

"I'm sorry, but I'm on Nealer's side this time," Cooke said as he laced up his skates, "That was a dick move."

"Oh come on! He wasn't doin' anything about her! I locked them in a bedroom together and nothing happened!" Jordan said and I shook my head and then sighed.

"So what are you going to do about Linny?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said and I was confused, "Trust me, I've tried, but the crazy girl's not into me."

"She seemed pretty into you last night," Brandon Sutter muttered and I sighed.

"That's what happens when you drink four beers and your her size," Jordan smirked.

"You're unbelievable," I muttered and shook my head.

"Trish is gunna kill you if she finds out," Chris Kunitz said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

'...I forgot about Trish, maybe I should call her and break it to her slowly...' I thought as I grabbed my cell phone, '...She can't stand, Gronk...'

-Caroline-
"What the hell happened to you?!" Trisha yelled as I practically crawled into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"Jordan Staal," I said plainly as I grabbed a bottle of water and stole the bagel that Trisha was making.

"Hey- Wait- Staal?" she asked and I nodded my head, "You didn't sleep with-"

"God no! But-" I sighed and then rubbed my face, "We were close- God he's such a dick but-"

"I know, Lin, but you need to stay away from him! What happened with James?"

"He's another asshole!" I growled but then flinched at the headache.

"Here," Trisha said as she placed Advil in front of me.

"Thanks," I said and then took them and then took a bite of the stolen bagel, "I saved James from this bunny, we were having a conversation, but of course it took a turn for the worse and he ended up saying that he would take the next bunny home with him."

"Aw, Linny, you've got it bad for him," Trisha smirked and I growled.

"No I don't!"

"I see now how you ended up with Staal," she said and then her cell phone went off, "It's Sid," she smiled and then answered her phone, "Hey, can I call you back- What?!"

"What?" I asked because Trisha looked surprised.

"No, she just told me- But what?!" Trisha asked and I desperately would like to know what was happening, "Is everything all right? Any blood?"

"Blood? What the hell?" I asked.

"Yeah, after practice," Trisha said and then sighed, "All right, see you then."

"What's going on?" I asked when Trisha hung up her phone.

"Apparently James saw you and Jordan making out in Max's pool last night," Trisha said and I blushed and tried to hide my face behind the water bottle, "He attacked Jordan this morning."

"Wait- What?! James did?!" I asked and she nodded her head, "Why?"

"Don't know, you can ask him when he comes over after practice," Trisha said and my eyes widened.

"What?! NO!"

"Yup, Sid is bringin' him over after practice."

"This is such a bad idea, Trish," I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Needs to be done," she said and I whined.

-James-
"Where are we goin', Sid?" I asked as I was shoved into Sidney's truck.

"Somewhere to cool down," he said and I rolled my eyes and leaned my head against the window, "So you really like her?"

"Who?"

"You know who, dip shit," Sidney growled and I sighed and shook my head, rubbing my face.

"I don't know," I said and then sighed.

"I think you do," he said and I looked at him.

"Oh yeah, and why would you think that?" I scoffed.

"Well one, everyone can feel the fact that you two have a thing for each other, it's so obvious. Two, you wouldn't be so upset with the fact that you hurt her feels, and three, if you didn't like her, you wouldn't have freaked out at the fact that Gronk was making out with her," Sidney said and I sighed, feeling defeated.

"Ok, fine, I like her," I confessed and Sidney snorted.

"About time you admitted it to yourself," he said and I sighed.

"She hates me," I said and Sidney smirked and shook his head, "Yes she does, she has no reason to like me, I've never given her a reason to like me."

"Then give her one," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that easy, I'm not you! All you have to do is stand there and the girls come to you!"

"Really, you're really pulling that?!" Sidney snorted and I sighed.

"I can't talk to her! Every time I go to say something, it comes out wrong and she gets mad at me and I feel like an asshole!"

"Well then, you'll get your chance to show her the real you," he said as he pulled into a parking spot and I looked around to see where we were.

"Where are we?" I asked as I got out of the truck.

"You don't recognize it?" Sidney asked and I looked at the townhouses and then cursed.

"You set me up."

"Yes I did, you're getting your chance to show her the real you," Sidney said as I heard the front door open and Trisha walked out and smirked, "Hey babe!"

"Hi!" she smiled and then walked over towards Sidney, "James! Lin's in her room, go be the nice you to her!"

I sighed and then watched as Trisha got into the driver's seat of the truck and slid over to the passenger seat, "Where are you goin?"

"To let you have your alone time!" Sidney said as Trisha rolled down the window, "Don't be an asshole!"

"Your the asshole right now!" I growled as I watched as Sidney pulled out of the parking spot and he and Trisha drove off. I looked back at the house and saw that the front door was open, I cursed and debated with myself about calling a cab and leaving, but I needed to do this, '...Son of a bitch, I'm gunna kill Crosby!...'