All the Faint Lights

015:

Chapter Fifteen
'...This is so stupid, I can't believe I'm going this! Why am I doing this?...' I thought as I walked through the house quietly and tried to find Caroline, '...What's that?...'

I heard singing and guitar playing, I followed the music to the room that I was in before, the place that Jordan had locked me in with Caroline. I saw her, she was sitting on her bed, her back to me, she was playing her guitar and humming something. I saw her dog, a pitbull, laying on the bed and looking at her. I took a deep breath and looked to see the dog looking at me.

'...Uh oh...' I was wide eyed when the dog stood up and growled at me.

"Roxy?" Caroline turned to look at her dog.

"Uh," I knocked in hope that the dog wouldn't attack me. Caroline snapped her head around and I gulped when I saw her brown locks turn with her head, '...Shit, control yourself...'

"James?" she said a little surprised, but then stood up and glared at me, "What are you doing here?"

"I ya-uh-you see," I was rubbing the back of my neck and looking at the ground, "I wanted to saying-"

"I'm sorry," she said and I snapped my head up, wide eyed, only to see her looking towards the ground and playing with her fingers, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who's been the asshole," I said and she looked up towards me, she was about to say something, but then decided against it and sighed.

"Forget it," she said and then turned her back to me and walked over towards the window. I took a step forward, but her dog growled at me, "Hush Roxy."

"Caroline, I-"

"Why?" she asked and I looked at her confused, "You're the only one who calls me by my full name, why?"

"I- I don't know," I said, not knowing where this was going, '...Don't be an asshole, don't be an asshole! You need to learn how to talk to her!...'

"Why not? Everyone calls me 'Lin' or 'Linny'," she turned around and leaned against the window, "Everyone but you."

"Thought you hated those nicknames," I said and she scoffed and looked at the ground, a little smirk on her face.

"You remembered," she said and I bit my lip and rubbed my arm, "What are you doing her James?"

"I want to uh- to apologize," I said and looked at me.

"For what?" she asked seriously and I sighed.

"For everything," I said and she scoffed.

"Anyone can just say 'for everything'," she said and then glared at me, "What are you sorry for?"

"What about you?!" I said and she didn't look away, "What are you sorry for? Why did you apologize?"

"I asked you first!"

"But you said it first!" I said and I saw her nose curl up a little, she was getting annoying, '...Calm down, you're making it worse!...'

"Forget it! I take it back, I'm not sorry!" she said and I threw my hands in the air.

"I don't even know what you're taking back your sorry for!"

"It doesn't matter!"

"Obviously it does!" I said and she growled.

"Go away James, you can keep your apologies!" she barked and I sighed.

"Fine, then I take back my sorry too!" I said and then turned around, ready to leave, I was at the bedroom door, ready to leave, when I heard her say something, "What?"

"Why?" she muttered and I turned my head towards her to see that she was sitting on the window sill, her eyes were tearing up.

"Why what?"

"Why did you punch Jordan?" she said and my eyes widened, but the I glared at the ground, "You saw us, didn't you?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"Yes it does! It matters, James!" she yelled and I placed my hand on the doorframe, "Why did you punch Jordan?!"

'...You ruined it already, might as well go...' I thought but my body didn't move, couldn't move.

"James!" she yelled because I didn't answer her, I could hear her upset, I couldn't look at her, I didn't know if I could handle seeing her cry.

'...You're such an asshole...' I sighed and then made my legs move, my footsteps were heard leaving the house.

-Caroline-
"I can't! I can't take this anymore!" I growled and then grabbed my lamp and threw it at the wall. Roxy yelped and I felt a pain in my stomach. I leaned against the wall and then dropped to the ground and cried into my knees, "I can't do this anymore." Roxy trotted over and licked my arm, I held out my hand and scratched her head, "I'm sorry girl, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who's been an asshole!"

I kept thinking about what James had asked me, "I'm sorry for kissing Jordan you dumbass."

-Trisha-
"You think it's been long enough?" I asked Sidney as we left the restaurant

"Hopefully," Sidney snickered and held out his arm for me to wrap my arm around, "We should do this more often."

"We should," I smiled and laughed as he walked me over towards the truck and opened the passenger door, "Thank you kind sir."

"Anything for you, my lady," he smirked and then bowed which only made me laugh.

"You're too cute," I smiled and he took a step forward and pushed me up against the truck, "Sid, we're in public."

"So," he smirked and then placed his hand on my hips and leaned forward, "You bring out the rebel in me."

"Oh, is that what you're calling it," I snickered and he smiled and pressed his lips onto mine.

I placed my hand on his check and another on shoulder, he pushed me onto the seat truck and pulled back, "You wanna come back to my place?"

"Let's check on the children first," I smiled and Sidney chuckled but nodded his head.

We headed back to the house and pulled into the parking spot that Sidney was parked in before. I got out of the truck and headed up the stairs, to the front door. As I searched for the keys in my purse, I felt Sidney placed his hands on my hips and then press his lips onto my neck.

"Sid," I groaned and leaned back into him, "I can't concentrate," Sidney chuckled and then bit down on my neck and I gasped, but he stopped and pulled me to the side, "Sid?"

I looked at him confused and watched as he pushed the door open, "It's open," he said and then looked at me.

"Caroline," I said and then pushed past Sidney and ran into my house, "Linny!" I called but no response. I ran to her room and opened the door to see that her lamp was smashed to the ground and books were everywhere, "SID!"

"Yeah!" he called and ran towards me and saw the mess in her room, "I'll call James!"

I turned around and ran to the front door to see that her jeep was gone, I searched the house and saw that Roxy was gone too. I bit my lip and then grabbed my phone and tried to call Caroline, but I heard her ringtone going off in the house, I walked back to her room and found the phone on her bed, "Shit!"

"James isn't answering! But he left a text for me about an hour ago," Sidney said and I held up Caroline's phone.

"What did he say?" I asked and Sidney handed me his phone and I looked at the text, [Thanks a lot Sid]

"I'm guessing it didn't go well," Sidney said and I sighed and sat on Caroline's bed.

"We gotta find her!" I said and Sidney nodded his head and then grabbed his phone, dialed some numbers.

"All hands on deck! Caroline's missing!"