All the Faint Lights

023:

Chapter Twenty Three
"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!!" I yelled as I shoved Jordan and James into the side of James' SUV, after storming out of the restaurant, grabbing them by the collar of their shirts, too tall to grab them by their ears, and dragging them into the parking lot on the side of the building.

"Linny-"

"Shut up, Jordan!" I growled and glared at them, "How dare you follow me! Why would you think that I would be all right with you spying on me?"

"You-"

"SHUT UP!!!" I growled and then shoved Jordan and glared at James.

"We didn't think that you would see us," Jordan said and I shook my head.

"You didn't think you were going to be caught," I stated, nodding my head and then shaking my head, "How stupid are you?! If you're trying not to be seen, don't fuckin' stand in the front window pressing your bodies to the glass and pretend that you're god damn invisible!" I yelled and threw my hands in the air, "Are you so content on making sure that I'm not with anyone else? You want me to be with you SO badly?! Do you even care what I think?!"

"Linny, I-"

"Shut! Up! Jordan," I growled slowly, hoping to get my words across, "I'm talking! You're listening!" I yelled and then turned to James, the man who didn't say a word since I caught him and Jordan searching for me in the restaurant window, the big window that stretched across the whole front of the Italian restaurant, "Why?"

"Linny, I paid the bill," I heard and turned to see Bran walking outside and looked at the boys and I.

"Sorry Bran, these two IDIOTS ruined our date," I said and snapped my head back to Jordan who was staring at me, and then to James, who stared at the ground, a guilty look on his face.

"It's fine, come on," Bran said, placing his hand on my arm and pulling me back, "You're going to get people's attention.

"Let them watch, maybe it'll knock some sense into these idiots," I barked, but then sighed and shook my head, "Go back to practice," I growled, "I don't wanna look at you," I turned around and stared to follow Bran back towards my car.

"What- So that's it?!" I heard and then turned my head to see James looking at me and Jordan looking towards James, "You're just going to walk away?"

"Just be lucky that's all I'm doing," I muttered, seeing Jordan trying to pull James back, but James just shoved him off and took a few more steps closer to me.

I felt Bran drop his hand from my arm as James was almost standing in front of me, "You know that I like you," James said and I looked into his eyes, "I know you know that! You know about how the others feel- You know how Geno and Kris feel, Caroline!" he stated then gently grabbed my arms, I sighed and looked at him surprised, and then wondered why he didn't say Jordan's name, "You just go out with someone else and expect us to be all right with it! Expect ME to be all right with it."

"I don't care if you are or aren't all right with it James," I muttered and then felt his hands drop from my arms and he just stood in front of me, "It's none of your business- Any of your businesses on who I go out with! You think that since you're all gorgeous big shot hockey players you can do whatever you want- Go out with whoever you want! Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no! That's not happening- I'm not one of those girls- One of those bunnies-"

"You called us gorgeous," Jordan smirked and sucked in a breath and clenched my fists, glaring towards him.

James looked at Bran and glared, "Hey don't get me involved in this," Bran said and I growled and then shoved James back.

"You don't understand anything, so don't think that you do!" I growled and then shoved James again, seeing him slam into the side of his car, "Both of you! At least Kris and Geno had the decency not to show up!"

"Oh they're here," Jordan said and I looked at him to see him nudging his head to behind me and I turned around to see Kris and Geno peeking their heads up from a car and when I saw them they ducked back down.

I took a deep breath and then growled, clenching my fists and glaring at them and then turning to Bran, who was smirking, "I'm glad you find this amusing."

"Oh, this is the highlight of my day," Bran chuckled and I looked towards the big SUV that the other two were hiding behind.

"NOW!!!" I yelled, feeling like I was a mother scolding her children. Kris and Geno stepped out from behind the SUV and walked over, their heads low and shoulders sagging, knowing that they did wrong, I groaned and threw my hands in the air, "Unbelievable!"

"Sorry," Kris muttered and I shook my head and turned towards Bran.

"You might as well tell 'em," Bran smirked and the guys looked at me.

"This is Bran," I introduced, seeing the guys look at me and then glare at Bran.

"Nice, now she's introducing us to her boyfriend," James scoffed and I walked over towards him and slapped him across the face, "OW!!!"

"You still don't know how to talk to me!" I growled and then went to slap him again, but he grabbed my hand, "You still think you know me! You DON'T know me!"

"I've tried to get to know you-"

"NO! You haven't! Not once!" I hissed and then pulled my hand back and looked towards the others, "Just so you know- Not like it's any of your business," I scoffed, rolled my eyes and then shook my head, "Bran's not my boyfriend, he already has a boyfriend."

"But he-" James' eyes widened, "Oh."

"Yeah, oh," I mocked and then shook my head and looked at the guys to see they were shaking their heads, knowing that they had made a mistake, "Have a nice life guys."

"Linny, wait-"

"No Kris- Just go," I muttered as I held up my hands, not wanting anything to do with them as I then turned around and walked towards my car, knowing that Bran was behind me.

-James-
"So how much did you guys screw up?" Trisha asked as she walked into the locker room and basically saw me freaking out. Pacing back and forth, rubbing my face, pulling my hair, the whole nine yards.

"Bad," Sidney said and I looked towards Kris and Geno who slumped in their seats feeling bad for embarrassing Caroline, and then I looked towards Jordan, he was smirking.

"What's so funny Staal?!" I growled and Jordan looked at me.

"We just made a big 'whoops'," he laughed and I charged over towards him and went to grab him, but Sidney stood in front of him and pushed me back, I fell back, tripping over the bench and landed in a locker.

"Enough!" he growled and I glared as I pushed myself up and went to stand, but Sidney walked over towards me and pushed me onto the bench, "Enough!" he repeated and the room went quiet as Sidney glared at me. It wasn't often that he got angry, but when he did, he had a temper, "No one is to go after Caroline! Understand me?! You're all fuckin' adults! Not some high school virgin teenagers finding your dicks for the first time and wanting to stick it in the first piece of ass that you see!" Sidney yelled and I flinched, "You keep fighting over this girl, and I'll send you all back to Wilkes-Barre! I'm tired of this- The team is tired of this! You grow up and play hockey, or fuckin' retire!"

"Sid-"

"NO!" Sidney growled at Trisha and she stopped talking and looked at me, "I'm done! I've tried to be nice and understanding about this- It's done! I'm Captain! It's my job to take care of the team! So get your heads out of her ass and play the damn game! She's just some girl!"

"She not just some girl, Sid," Geno said as he stood up and looked down at Sidney.

"You're going to choose a girl, over your career? A girl that you don't know even feels the same way about you?" he asked and I looked at Geno and then towards the ground, "None of you know how she feels! You want to jeopardize your life, for one girl? Think real hard about this."

"Don't be stupid," Jordan stated and I looked towards him, "I just wanted to get in her pants, she's just like any other bunny-" Trisha slapped him across the face and glared at him.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but- Max has more class than you!" she growled and I looked towards Max to see him smirking.

"Thank you, ma cher- You know that if you wanna-" Sidney glared at him and Max stopped, "Never mind."

I bit my lip and then looked at the ground, '...He's right, I don't know how she feels about me. Geno or Kris had a better chance of getting her attention, I've been nothing but a dick to her, and then after today- Who knows...'

"Screwing around with bunnies is find, just so it doesn't mess with your game- But don't think that fighting with your teammates over a girl is worth it," Sidney stated and I sighed, "This right here, it's done- If you walk out that door, choosing that girl over hockey, you're not coming back. Not on my team!"