All the Faint Lights

028:

Chapter Twenty Eight
-James-
"So Trish said that Linny didn't come home until the next day, I'm guessing that everything went well," Sidney said and I smirked and nodded my head as I laced up my skates, "Good for you, did you-"

"No, I didn't want to- Not on the first-"

"Got it," he smirked and I nodded my head and saw some of the other guys coming into the locker room to get ready for our morning skate before the game against the Sabres tonight.

"This is all new to me, but I like it," I said and Sidney smirked and nodded his head.

"It'll get easier," he said and then patted my shoulder, "I never thought it would with Trish, but things are pretty good."

"Good."

"So I hear you went on a date with Linny!" I heard and turned to see Jordan walking over, "What happened to staying away from her?!"

"Staalsy, stop," Sidney said and I sighed and turned back around, finishing up on putting my gear on.

"No way, Sid, you said that we all needed to stay away from her! So why the hell does he not have to?!" Jordan yelled and I looked to my side to see Geno and Kris looked at us confused, "I don't like being fuckin' lied to Sid."

"I didn't lie to you, Jordan," Sidney said strongly and I sighed and grabbed my helmet and stick.

"Then why-"

"So how far did you get with her?" I asked as I stepped in-between Sidney and Jordan and looked up towards Jordan and smirked, "Oh that's right, you only made out with her in a pool. You didn't take her out, take her back to your home and had her company for hours."

Geno and Kris stood up and Sidney placed his hand on my shoulder and told me to head towards the ice. I sighed and walked out of the room and walked with Pascal and Cooke.

"You're an idiot," Pascal said and I looked at him confused, "She's not a prize, this isn't a game!"

"What? I never said that she was!"

"You could have fooled us," Cooke muttered as he stepped out onto the ice and I stayed where I was staring into space.

'...I didn't mean it, at least not the way it came out...' I told myself as I stepped out onto the ice and prepared myself for the morning skate.

-Sidney-
"Sid, what the fuck?! You tell us we can't see her, and then you let Nealer go on a date with her and fuck her?!" Jordan yelled and I sighed and shook my head.

"He didn't fuck her-"

"Bullshit! You saw his face!" Jordan yelled and I looked back towards Kris and Geno, two other people that liked Caroline and who stayed quiet during this whole conversation.

"What about you two?" I asked and Geno sighed.

"No lie to us, no right in tricking us, Sid," Geno said and I shook my head.

"There was no trick, I didn't tell him to go to her, I told you all to stay away from her-"

"And you said if we didn't we would be off the team!" Jordan yelled, "So why is he still here?"

"What do you want me to do Gronk? That was an empty threat in hopes that you would stop fighting over a girl!"

"So you're saying that we can go after Caroline?" Jordan asked.

"NO! You don't even like her anyways!" I yelled.

"Says who?"

"Come on Staalsy, you don't like Linny, you just want to get in her pants to show Nealer up," Kris said and Jordan looked at the defenseman and glared.

"Fuck off! You don't know anything Tanger!" Jordan said and then looked back towards me, "She'll come to me, you wait!"

"Guess we wait a long time," Geno said and Kris snorted and I sighed and watched as Jordan walked out of the locker room and towards the ice.

"Well what about you two? Are you going to go after her?" I asked and Kris sighed and shook his head.

"She obviously likes Nealer," he said and looked at Geno, who was rubbing the back of his neck, "But when she's finished with him, I'll hopefully be there," Kris smirked and Geno playfully shoved him.

"You guys will be the death of me," I muttered as I rubbed my face and headed out towards the ice to started morning skate.

-Caroline-
"So how was it?!" Bran asked as he jumped onto my bed and watched as I strummed my guitar.

"What?" I smirked.

"Your date with the hockey player!" he yelled and I laughed and nodded my head.

"I had a lot of fun, I'm glad that I went," I smiled brightly and Bran squealed.

"What did you do?" he smirked.

"We went to this cute little quiet restaurant along the river on the outside of town, and then we were going to go to the rink so he could teach me how to skate, because I'm not really good at it, but for some reason we stopped at his house- Although, I still think that that was the plan the whole time," I laughed, "He showed me his game room and we ended up playing like four games of pool and missed our chance to go to the rink-"

"Anything interesting?!" Bran laughed and i rolled my eyes and smirked, "Like kissing?"

"Yes, there was kissing," I blushed.

"What time did he bring you home?" he asked and I looked at my clock to see that it was about noon.

"Um, about two hours ago," I smirked and Bran's eyes widened and he threw a shoe at me.

"You hoe!" he yelled and I gasped.

"We didn't do anything! Well, other than kiss, a lot," I smiled and Bran bounced on my bed, "James put a movie in and I started to fall asleep."

"That's so cute, you slept on the couch together," he squealed and I laughed and shook my head, "So is there going to be another date?"

"Yes," I smiled, "But they're leaving for Canada tomorrow and they have a game tonight."

"And why aren't we going?"

"Because I wasn't invited," I said and Bran scoffed and threw me my cell phone.

"You're sister owns most of their fine asses, call her! I wanna meet them!"

"What about Conner?" I laughed, asking about his boyfriend.

"Oh please, if Conner was here, he'd be doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure that we'd give each other a pass to sleep with one of your boys, or all of them," Bran smirked and I shook my head.

"Pretty sure they go for the girls," I smirked and Bran shook his head.

"Such a shame," he said and I laughed and then turned towards the hallways when I heard someone walking around.

"Trish?!" I called out, not knowing who was coming down the hallway.

"Yeah," she responded and then walked into my room, "Hello Bran."

"Trisha! Darling, I've missed you so-"

"What do you want, Bran?" Trisha asked and I laughed.

"Two tickets to tonight's game," Bran said and I placed my hand on my forehead and shook my head.

"You don't even like hockey," Trisha scoffed.

"No, but I like hot guys, and from what I see and hear, I can do a whole lot of window shopping here," Bran said and I laughed.

"Just stay away from Crosby and Neal," Trisha said and then laughed.

"Who are they?"

"Our men," Trisha said and then walked into the room and sat next to Bran on the bed, "So how was it? You weren't home when I left for work, did you give him some booty call?!"

"Oh my god!"