All the Faint Lights

030:

Chapter Thirty
-Sidney-
“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!” Coach yelled with Mario standing next to him, trying to save himself from Coach’s flying arms.

Just as Caroline walked down the hall and disappeared behind the waiting room doors, Coach and Mario were running down the hall, one of the staff had called Coach, who was on the top floor of the arena in Mario’s office no doubt they were talking about the performance of the team tonight, we might have won against Tampa Bay, but it was a horrible game. Caroline was right when she saw that she noticed Jordan, Geno, Kris and James all going after one another on the ice.

Coach had asked what happened to my lip and I just pointed into the locker room, hearing Trisha’s frustrated yells heard. Mario looked at Pascal and told him to gather the rest of the team before they left, because no one was allowed to leave until everyone had walked through the waiting room, it was a team rule.

I watched as the guys’ drug their tired bodies back to the locker room, groaning when they saw the unhappy look on Mario and Coach’s faces. Brandon Sutter had made a comment, saying that this had nothing to do with him, so why did he and the others have to listen to another lecture them. I sighed and just told him to get in the locker room. Marc told me that Veronique didn’t want to wait so she and some of the other girlfriends and wives left.

James was the last to show up because he was interviewed for his three goal game. Cooke had told me that Caroline had looked upset when she walked back into the waiting room, not talking to anyone and just grabbing her friend and leaving.

Now I’m sitting in-between Geno and Marc, listening to Coach yell on how we embarrassed the team and the organization because now the fans knew that something was going on inside the locker room. Apparently that someone had made a comment on the internet and it was blowing up from there.

James was sitting in-between Pascal and Cooke, Jordan was sitting in-between Matt and Tyler, Kris was by Craig Adams and Tanner Glass and Geno was in-between me and Kuntiz, it was sad on how we had to separate each player. Coach had threatened Kris and Geno into a three game suspension if they ever pulled that stunt on the ice again. As for James, he was suspended a game and Jordan was suspended five games.

“That’s bullshit!” Jordan yelled as he stood up only to have Matt pull him back down again, “What the fuck Coach-“

“You wanna make it another game, Staal?!” Coach growled and I sighed and shook my head, “Crosby!” I looked up at, “You’re Captain, take responsibility of your teammates!”

“Hell no, I’m not getting pulled down for this shit! I’ve told them to let her go!” I said and Coach glared at me, “I’m tired of listening to them fucking fight about it!”

“What the hell does the ‘C’ on your shoulder mean?” Coach yelled and came up to me and poked my shoulder, “You’re Captain, you’re in charge of the team, they’re shit- they’re asses are you’re responsibility!”

I sighed and glared at Jordan, “It doesn’t matter anyways, she’s not coming back,” I said and then saw James’ head snap up and he then stood.

“What the fuck did you do?!” James yelled and Coach pointed towards James.

“Sit you ass down! I’m sick of hearing about this girl!” he growled, but James growled and was about to take a step forward but Coach took a step forward, “Take another step and I’ll suspend your ass too Neal!”

“You fuckin’ chased her off?!” Jordan yelled and I shook my head, “Then what the fuck?!”

“She saw what was happening and said she didn’t want to be the reason for you guys to fight,” Pascal said and I nodded my head.

“What?” James growled and then took a step for the door and I shot up.

“James you take a step out that door to go after her, I will send your ass down to Wilkes-Barre! I’m not fucking playing around, you watch me do it!” I growled and James glared at me, “I told you I’m done with this!”

“All right, all right, calm down!” Mario finally spoke up and placed a hand on mine and Coach’s shoulder, “Everyone breathe,” he said and then sighed, “Neal, Staal, Letang, Malkin and Crosby stay, the rest go home, get some sleep.”

I watched as the team got up and walked out of the locker room, I sighed and rubbed my face and felt some hands pat my shoulder, wishing me well on this little predicament.

“This girl, who is she?” Mario asked and I sighed.

“She’s Trisha’s little sister,” Jordan said and I saw his leg tapping the ground.

“That’s nice, but who is she?” Mario asked again.

“What do you mean?” Kris asked.

“You’re fighting over a girl you know nothing about,” he stated.

“Her name’s Caroline Sophie Donnelly, she’s a Leo, loves country music, wants to become a country singer, has two older brothers and an older sister, grew up in Tennessee and then moved to Pittsburgh so that her father can start to produce hip hop music after her mother’s death. She and her father don’t see eye to eye so she sticks close to her siblings-“

“That’s great; you know her history,” Mario said, “Anyone can find that out about her-“

“I didn’t know that,” Geno muttered and Kris shook his head.

“If these two didn’t know- Staalsy, I’m guessing you didn’t either?” Mario asked and Jordan growled, “Son, your ass is already in hot water, you punched your teammate, multiple times, elbowed your Captain, sold your own teammates out on the ice- During a game, and then argued with your Coach! You’re lucky that I don’t send you packing to another team!” Jordan looked like he was about to say something, “You open your mouth with a comment again and I will go up to my office to sign the papers and have you off this team!”

Jordan looked down and gripped the bench. I sighed and looked over towards James to see that he was tapping his and typing on his phone, no doubt trying to get in contact with Caroline, “Are you going to let her go?”

James snapped his head up and gave me a hard look, “Not unless she wants me too.”

“She said in the hall-“

“She didn’t tell me!” James growled.

“You guys are still fighting over a girl you know absolutely nothing about-“

“I know her!” James threw his hands up.

“You know facts about her, big whoop! You know her history, but do you know the little things, they’re what really matter in a relationship!” Mario said, speaking as a husband and not as the owner of a NHL team, “Any married man will tell you that!”

“I don’t know everything, but don’t I have the right to get the chance to learn all of those things?” James said, giving a hard look at Mario.

“Not if it’s going to cause this,” Coach said, “This one girl has cause all of this,” he stood and held up a finger, “One girl!” he pointed around the room, “This much damage!”

“So you’re going to let him see her and not us?” Jordan stated.

“Staal don’t you have a girlfriend?!” Coach growled.

“She’s in Thunder Bay though,” he said and I threw back my head and groaned.

“I can’t do this,” Coach groaned and threw his hand in the air, “He’s an insult to men.”

“What about you two?” Mario asked Kris and Geno.

Kris sighed, “Like I told Sid before, I’m not going to fight over her; Jordan’s the one who started this.”

Geno just nodded his head and looked at James, “She like James more.”

“Go home,” Mario said while nudging his head towards Geno and Kris, “Neal,” James looked at Mario, “You like this girl?” James nodded his head, “Coach, what do you think of this girl? You meet her?”

“Yeah, other than this shit, she’s a nice girl.”

“She anything like her sister?” Mario chuckled.

“Oh yeah,” I smirked and then rubbed my face.

“If you can fix this all James, you can see her-“

“What the hell!” Jordan yelled and I shook my head.

“Shut up man!” I hissed.

“Why can’t I see her-“

“I don’t want you anywhere around this girl! Don’t talk to her, don’t think about her, don’t even look at her! You lost that right when you started to obsess about her! You have your own girlfriend, let Neal have his!” Mario stated, “If you can’t figure this out, you’re both gone! This is and National Hockey team, not pewee hockey! You’re all legally adults, not high school students! I have a right to kick you off right now! Send you far away from this poor girl! Bunch of children!” Mario walked over towards the door, “I want to meet her, bring her around James.”

“If I can,” James muttered and Mario nodded his head.

“I want this fixed.”

“It will be,” Coach said and Mario nodded his head and then left the room, “Go home boys."