All the Faint Lights

031:

Chapter Thirty One
-Caroline-
"Linny, where are you going?" Trisha asked me as she watched as I just started to throw some of my clothes into bags, not knowing what I was grabbing.

"Away," I said, not looking up from what I was doing.

"Linny, if this is about what happened in the locker room-"

"I don't like when people fight! Especially when it's me that they're fighting about! I'm saving them from themselves, they're going to get themselves into trouble if they keep this up, and I don't want to be the one to blame, so I'm just going to step away and erase all contact with them. Hockey is your world Trish, let country be mine."

"Where will you go?"

"I'm gunna head down to Nashville, pretty sure some of our Aunts live down there, I'll see if I can get some help from them," I said as I zipped up one bag and worked on another.

"Caroline," she muttered and I sighed, "Please don't do this, you and James were-"

"We're nothing, Trish, we can't be anything if I'm going to be the bone that the dogs are fighting over," I said and then turned around and looked at her sadly.

"Does James even know?"

"Pretty sure Sid told him," I shook my head and turned around.

"Caroline! You don't even have the decency to tell it to his face! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I can't look at him Trish, if I do then-" I rubbed my face and shook my head, "Then this is for nothing!"

"Then tell me now!" I heard and turned around to see James popping up next to Trisha, "Tell me that you don't want this, that you feel nothing for me, tell me that you don't want to ever see me again- Tell me the truth Caroline."

"James," I gulped back my tears and watched as Trisha walked away and James walked into my room, closing the door behind him, "You told me that I wouldn't be fought over again! You told me that! What was today? Why was I still being fought over?!"

James walked up to me and placed his hands on my arms, I pulled away, knowing that if he got any closer, I probably wouldn't have been to control myself.

"I'm sorry Car, but I swear, I didn't start it, I didn't even tell anyone other than Sid what was going on!" James said and looked at me sadly, "I don't know how Jordan found out, but he did and he made this huge scene and- Caroline, I don't want you to go, I want you in my life-"

"I can't be a part of it James! I don't like the feeling of being the cause of all of this," I said and James walked up to me and placed his hands on my neck, his thumbs rubbing my cheek. I stared at him, not knowing what he was going to do. He leaned right in and pressed his lips against mine, it took everything in me not to kiss back, but my everything wasn't enough. I dropped the clothes in my hands and placed my hands on his chest.

James pulled away and laid his forehead on mine, still holding my neck, "I can't lose you Caroline," he breathed and I looked at him unsure of what to do, I wanted to be with him, I didn't want to leave him, but I couldn't stand the feeling that the relationship between his teammates was being tested.

"Stop fighting over me," I said and James sighed, "I mean it, stop it, tell Geno, Kris- tell Jordan that I'm not theirs," I said and James nodded his head and stared at me. I placed my hands to James' neck and felt his drop to my waist, "I want to be yours."

James' face lit up like a Christmas tree, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my body into his and pressed his lips over mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and then dug my finger into his hair.

-James-
Everything was happening so fast, before I knew it, all of the bags and clothes that Caroline had on her bed were swiped off and thrown to the floor. I had her thighs in my hands and laid her down onto the bed, climbing on top of her and crashing my lips on top of hers again. She groaned when my hands roamed to her butt and I squeezed in, giving me the chance to slip my tongue into her mouth and we began to battle for dominance.

Her fingers were dug into my hair and he legs pinned to my sides. I slipped my hands under her t-shirt and slowly inched it up her body, being sure to cope a feel of her breasts as my hands went higher. I smirked when I found that she wasn't wearing a bra, pulling away to watch her lift her arms in the air and I pulled the shirt of her head.

Caroline leaned back on her elbows and I threw the shirt to the side, grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her lips up to mine again, I loved the feel of her plump soft lips against mine. Her hands danced up my chest and she started to unbutton my shirt, pulling herself up and then when she got to the last button, I placed my hands at my sides and felt her rip my shirt from my body and then grabbing some of the cloth from my undershirt and untucking it. I pulled back and watched as she ran her fingers to my belt and I pulled the shirt over my head. I heard my belt being undone and then felt her push me down onto the bed and climbed on top of me, sitting on my waist and pulling my pants down.

I kicked them off and then groaned when Caroline's hands ran down my bare chest, a feeling I've wanted for a while now. I flipped her over and knelt above her, pulling down her sweats and placing a kiss on her waist and feeling pretty proud of myself that I haven't touched her perfectly rounded and sized breasts.

I slipped her pants down her long legs and ran my hands up the side of her smooth tanned legs. I figured that she must go to a tanning salon or get a spray tan because there was no way that she was this tan in the middle of winter in Pittsburgh, but I wasn't going to complain.

I smirked at her bright red boy shorts and groaned when Caroline pulled herself up and pressed her lips onto mine and pulled me down on her, laying back on her bed and moving her hands to my shoulders. I pulled away and stared at her, looking for any sign that she might want to stop what I had started. She just smiled at me and ran her fingers, up my neck and into my hair.

"Do you remember when we first met?" she asked and I looked at her confused, "This punk walks into my sister's office and says that he the hit that he made on another player wasn't on purpose, but then calls him- What? A-"

"Ball less baboon," I smirked and Caroline laughed and nodded her head.

"God, you looked so cute when you were frustrated," she said and I smiled brightly.

"I was an ass- I am an ass," I said and Caroline shook her head and then pressed her lips against mine.

"I don't believe that you are," she said and then pulled herself up and I backed up watching as she placed her hands on my chest and pushed me onto my back and climbed onto my lap.

"Caroline, we don't have to do this," I breathed as I sat up and pressed her body into my chest and stared into her eyes, "I'm not in this for that."

Caroline smiled and ran her fingers through my hair and kissed my cheek, "You're not an ass, you just have a nice one."

I laughed and then watched a she climbed over me and made a grab for my jeans. Her breasts were dangling there and I gulped and clenched my shaking hands. Caroling brought my pants on the bed and dug through my pockets for my wallet. I smirked when she pulled out a condom and then threw the wallet back to the ground.

"How did you know that I had one?" I smirked.

"Lucky guess," she giggled and then wiggled out of my lap and drug her butt back to the top of the bed and I followed, pulling myself on top of her and finally giving myself the chance to attack those breasts.

-Trisha-
I had just locked the front door and walked into the living room, sitting on the couch and seeing Roxie jump up next to me. I smirked when I heard pounding on the wall and the sound of the bed frame squeaking. The doorbell rang and I sighed and looked at my phone to see that it was just after midnight, I was tired from working all day and just wanted to relax.

I walked over towards the door and opened it to see Sidney standing there, his winter coat on and his knitted hat on his head. I smiled when I saw him and then moved out of the way so that he could come in, watching as he wiped his feet and took off his shoes before walking onto the carpet.

"I saw Nealer's car out there, he and Linny good?" Sidney asked as he took off his snowy hat and then ran a hand through his brown locks.

"Listen for yourself," I smiled and closed the door, took Sidney's coat.

"God, I'll have to make sure Staalsy doesn't find out," Sidney said and then sighed. I turned around to be met with Sidney's lips. I smirked and then wrapped my arms around his neck and felt him pick me up, but then pulled back, "You would not believe the night I've had."

"I'm pretty sure it was eventful," I giggled and then saw his lip, "How is it?"

"It's fine, I've had worse," he said and I sighed and gently kissed his lip.

"Who did it?"

"Staalsy was going after Nealer again and I went to grab him and he came back and elbowed me in the face," Sidney sighed, "I don't know what I'm going to do with him, he's obsessing over your sister."

"Hopefully Nealer will fix this," I said and Sidney walked over towards the couch and sat down, pulling me down onto his lap. I bent my knees on each side of him, pressed my body against his and ran my fingers through his hair, "You, my dear, Sidney, need a vacation."

"As long as it's with you I'm good," he said and I smiled and pressed my lips against his.

'...Two can play at this game, Linny...'